• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Beyond The Edge Of Owlsgard

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2015-02-10

PM

I’m not part of the team, just a random adventure gamer. I’m just surprised nobody is talking about this game.

First of all, it looks gorgeous, at least in my opinion. The animations are top notch, everything is very polished, the music, SFX and dubbing are awesome.

But, most of all, it really feels like a Sierra game with a Lucasarts interface - while having it’s one personality.

The puzzles are complicated but fair, there are brutal deaths, even though the game warn us every time there is a danger, there are big maps to explore, a fantasy universe which can be as cute as it is creepy…

I also love the characters and the narration.

I played a lot of indie old school adventure games, but this one really feels special to me.

It’s honestly one of the best adventure game I played this year.

I highly recommend it. Smile

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Joe monsters - 25 December 2022 01:16 AM

I’m not part of the team, just a random adventure gamer. I’m just surprised nobody is talking about this game.

I actually learned about that game coincidentally less than 24 hours ago.  Laughing
So I would assume that it’s not that well-known, at least I haven’t seen it on any release watch lists and such.

It does look interesting, whether it’s a good idea to copy LucasArts verb buttons to that extent can be debated, but at least it should be something that fans of the traditional design can appreciate.

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I just checked it out, thanks to your post, and it looks great indeed.

Joined 2015-02-10

PM

GateKeeper - 25 December 2022 03:18 AM

It does look interesting, whether it’s a good idea to copy LucasArts verb buttons to that extent can be debated, but at least it should be something that fans of the traditional design can appreciate.

I agree with you.
I’m usually a bit suspicious with these games. I feel like a lot of them are trying to be Lucasarts games without succeeding.
This one really has its own identity, at least in my opinion.
It’s interesting because it both feels like a Sierra and a Lucasarts game, it’s like the two companies had a child, and it really works, at least for me.
The game even can be dark at times.
The only thing I’m not a big fan of are the dialogs in chapter 1, they’re a bit long.
It gets a lot better after that, though.

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Even though I can’t recommend this particular game enough, in general I do feel that the 9-verb interface has had its time (a long time ago…) - since so many of them feel obsolete 90% of the time, “Pull/Push/Pick Up/Use” often have the same result, etc.

The thing about this game though is that it sometimes rewards you for trying silly things (just like the classics), and linked to the achievements (not everyone’s cup of tea I know but I found them a good addition to this game) it helped increase the fun factor. My youngest daughter loved trying to talk to or pick up things that clearly were impossible just to see what happened.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I’ve been looking into this game and it seems very very interesting to me. Can anybody tell me more about the puzzle design and if the puzzles are good and how is finding the objects in the environment? because I don’t want to play a hidden objects game. Maybe I’ve been spoiled but I love a hotspot marker now.

Joined 2015-02-10

PM

Jdawg445 - 30 December 2022 10:59 AM

I’ve been looking into this game and it seems very very interesting to me. Can anybody tell me more about the puzzle design and if the puzzles are good and how is finding the objects in the environment? because I don’t want to play a hidden objects game. Maybe I’ve been spoiled but I love a hotspot marker now.

You can pick between Classic Mode and Modern Mode. I strongly recommend picking Modern Mode ; it makes hidden items easier to spot.
I thought the puzzles were great overall, hard but fair like the good old Lucasart games, except maybe two or three which I thought weren’t clear enough.
None of them were insultingly easy, far from it. Some of them were very smart and felt unique to me.

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I can’t find a way to email the developer, so I’m posting this here, hopefully Mr WatchDaToast will see it.

I’m enjoying this game a lot.

But there is a game crashing bug in Chapter 2. It’s avoidable, but I think that half the people who play the game will run into it at least once, probably twice, before realizing why it’s happening.

If you talk to Bolek the Navigator a second time after finding the map and after pushing him out of his house, but before acquiring a ship, the game will crash. The characters say ‘We have a map, we have a navigator, and we have a ship, time to set sail.’ The problem is that you don’t actually have a ship, and so after a quick view of the overworld map, the game crashes.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top