• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Stray

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2004-03-14

PM

I’ve been enjoying this for the anime look of the world design. Playing as a cat making its way through spaces meant for humans feels great.

The critters that eat you are easily outsmarted, and the autosave makes sure you never have a lot of platforming before retrying the action sequence.

On one occasion I chose to break the AI rather than reattempt what was intended: Your companion calls an elevator and you’re supposed to run around in circles, dodging buggers until it arrives, then jump to a box and into the lift. Instead, I perched on the narrow surface to wait which apparently made it hard for the things to swarm me. They were attaching one at a time, making it so I could easily shake off each of them.

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

It’s a good game with its main strengths being the originality of the main “character” and the quality of its art and basic but good gameplay. I wouldn’t give it a perfect score though, mainly because the questing/“puzzle” structure is relatively derivative and predictable and a minority of the hidden memories were obnoxious to find compared to ignoring them and doing the main story.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I wish I could provide the links, but there is a semi-review of the game in a recent NYT opinion. And I didn’t watch the whole thing because it is over an hour long, but there is also a video review of the game out there that is narrated by a “cat psychologist.” Think I saw the last one on Facebook.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Finally started playing it and I’m around 4 hours in. So far I love it. I went in with very low expectations. I thought the game will be pretty barebones walking simulator relaying solely on I’m-a-cat gimmick. To my surprise I actually like it a lot. Exploration of larger areas is done very well. Puzzles, while on the easy side, are just entertaining enough to be enjoyable. To top it off, story is interesting so far and paced very well.
All of this coupled with wonderful design of the world, subtle humour and cute cat & robot protagonists, makes it one of the more charming games I played recently.

Just a heads-up. If you have PS5/4, the game is on PS+

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top