• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Announcing Andromeda Acolytes Discord comps, Steam beta, Kickstarter

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2021-09-13

PM

Hi all. This is Wade of Heiress Software. My sci-fi text adventure Andromeda Acolytes is launching on Kickstarter on August 3, but first it’s going to a beta test on Steam (July 30-August 2). And right now I’m running text-adventuring competitions (with Steam and itchio prizes) in the Discord server during the lead-up to the beta.

In the Andromeda galaxy, humanity doesn’t know why it is on the planet Monarch or how it got there. When an underwater accident in Monarch Harbour awakens a strange power, four very different women are drawn into each other’s orbit, and into a race towards the mysteries of Monarch’s origins.

You play all four heroines in this big multi-chapter sci-fi text adventure set in a young galactic colony still discovering its identities. Type your commands and read what happens next as you negotiate underwater mechs, AIs, abandoned cities, crime, friendship, suspense, horror, humour, an art exhibition, virtual realities and a tank. This is a prose gaming experience offering all the inner-world power of a novel plus the fine-grained puzzle and world engagement of gaming. The only graphics are in the automap!

Puzzles are woven throughout the game, starting out light but becoming more complex as the story evolves. You’ll be doing different things in different locations in every chapter as you help the characters pursue their goals, some noble and some the opposite. You’ll explore, deal with friends and enemies, overcome physical and mental obstacles, fight, flee, and pursue mysteries.

Here’s the Kickstarter ‘Notify Me’ button

Here’s the Steam page (includes full-size screenshots)

And this is the Discord link

If you’d like to see a big, very modern text adventure, I hope you’ll back this game.

I welcome any questions. Though I apologise in advance for any answers where I say, ‘The Kickstarter video will explain that when the campaign opens.’ Smile

-Wade

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

This seems interesting, ambitious and potentially amazing.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2021-09-13

PM

Vegetable Party - 14 July 2022 10:47 PM

This seems interesting, ambitious and potentially amazing.

Glad to hear the ideas generate some excitement.

-Wade

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top