• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Challenge of the Tentacle

Total Posts: 110

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Hi,

Challenge of the Tentacle is a free point and click escape room adventure fangame inspired by Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle and Maniac Mansion Mania.

I released the pages today. If u are interested, please add it to ur list on itchio. I hope you like it and you will play it Smile

Itch.io Page

Cheers

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Alright, I guess the tentacle is famous as Jesus

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Advie - 11 June 2022 06:23 PM

lol

Total Posts: 290

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Look forward to trying this one out.  I miss the that purple tentacle…

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Unfortunately I have to delete the Steam page to avoid trouble with Disney. This makes me sad that it cannot be released on Steam Frown

Total Posts: 1264

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

He scaped fast, haha!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Advie - 11 June 2022 06:23 PM

I guess Disney is more punitive than The Church. Gasp

It is unfortunate, though.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

religion freaks don’t bother with the hundreds of thousands (small change), they just go for the millions and billions

Total Posts: 142

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

I mean, that’s as obvious a copyright issue as you can make it, what else would anyone expect ...

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

There are a lot of fanadventures or fangames from other genres, for example, Return of the tentacle, Zak McKracken – Between Time and Space as well as many other smaller projects. All are tolerated as long as they are free games. But Steam is apparently dangerous for fangames and not the right place… I don’t want to be crucified again “by Disney”  Pan

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

LucasArts closed billions of fan-made projects, those few that survived were negotiated with the LA bosses as far as I’m concerned. And that was LucasArts, now it’s Disney who are 1000 times worse, they practically created modern evil copyright laws. This project was deemed to be closed, I doubt anyone would be seriously considering to release it, on Steam at least.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i know where you are coming from Doom, and I don’t relate evil to any kind of meter, and i totally agree, i was only considering how the church or the-Azhar (equivalent to the-church in a different world) do not feel threatened or jeopardized by fan projects

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Advie - 16 June 2022 10:04 AM

i know where you are coming from Doom, and I don’t relate evil to any kind of meter, and i totally agree, i was only considering how the church or the-Azhar (equivalent to the-church in a different world) do not feel threatened or jeopardized by fan projects

Yes, I fully agree with you, although I wasn’t trying to make a religion vs. corporations point. I just thought it’s kinda strange that at this time and age it comes as a surprise to someone how modern copyright laws work. Just the other day my small unimportant Youtube channel got blocked because 10 years ago I dared to publish a 2-minute clip from a 70-year-old cartoon from a country that long ceased to exist. That’s Disney to you.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

There’s a really fun prequel to Day of The Tentacle that is obviously an hommage. It’s not on steam either, I think, but it is available for free on itch.io.

I get why companies cast a broad net, perhaps use algorithms rather than any form of critical selection to find IP/copyright infringement. Whatever the case, they don’t consider the merit of individual projects and videos. Which leads to some stuff that makes you wonder.. just why? What was there to lose or gain?

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

LucasArts closed billions of fan-made projects

billions?! Gasp and I only find a few and not adventures. I would be interested if you have some links. There is Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis remake, Disney stopped it. This is a very big project and they wanted to remake the whole game, I was not surprised.

those few that survived were negotiated with the LA bosses as far as I’m concerned

you’re definitely not talking about adventures. I don’t know which one you mean, apparently very big fan projects or commercial. The fanadventures that are still online, I contacted the developers. They couldn’t even reach Disney or LucasArts and just released the game without permission. 4 fangames so far. No problems so far. One of them is Return of the Tentacle.

Fingers crossed that I will not have any problems as well. I’m sure you will like it Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top