• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Florus

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Voodoo Detective - Traditionally animated 2D adventure w/ Peter McConnell doing the OST. 

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

If you’re looking for adventure, you will find it in Voodoo Detective, the point-and-click sensation!

New Ginen: a small island town steeped in rich Voodoo culture, overrun by chain stores, infested with privileged tourists. Where local color and colonial corruption clash in a desperate battle for survival.

Against this fascinating backdrop we meet a mysterious woman with no past standing at the center of a drama so profound the threads of reality are threatening to unravel!

Join Voodoo Detective on his latest case, where danger hides behind every dirty secret and each thrilling moment may be his last. It’s time to don your fedora and trench coat, detective, you’ve got a mystery to solve!

Features
Monkey Island inspired point-and-click adventure!
A rich story full of whimsy and intrigue!
Hand-drawn backgrounds, animations, and user interface!
High definition graphics!
Prominent voice talent from games and films such as Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Final Fantasy, Fallout, Diablo, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Star Trek, Austin Powers, and many more!
A brilliant soundtrack recorded with live instruments composed by none other than Peter McConnell of Grim Fandango, Monkey Island, and Psychonauts fame!

This game is kinda flying under the radar right now but it looks rather nice. Coming out later this month on the 24th.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I have just mentioned it in the “Upcoming adventure games you’re REALLY excited about” thread a few days ago. A day 1 buy for me. I believe Doom liked the trailer as well

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s on my Steam wish list. Looks interesting.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

DCast - 13 May 2022 12:31 AM

I have just mentioned it in the “Upcoming adventure games you’re REALLY excited about” thread a few days ago. A day 1 buy for me. I believe Doom liked the trailer as well

Glad to hear it! Everywhere else I shared the trailer, no one knew a thing about it. It was starting to get depressing because this game looks great.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’m really looking forward to the game. Haven’t seen the gameplay trailer before, now I like it even more. All the voodoo things in one game Smile

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m a player. But not a game I think I would enjoy playing sole.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

New trailer just released.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Anyone would be interested in a spontaneous playthrough of this?

I’ll be getting it on release day - 24th of May (if it won’t get pushed, of course), and planning to start it right away. If no one wants/can play it, I’ll just be posting my thoughts about it here, so no pressure.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DCast - 22 May 2022 05:27 PM

Anyone would be interested in a spontaneous playthrough of this?

I’ll be getting it on release day - 24th of May (if it won’t get pushed, of course), and planning to start it right away. If no one wants/can play it, I’ll just be posting my thoughts about it here, so no pressure.

I’m also getting it tomorrow and I’m interested in playing along with you.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Sweet, Karlok!
Excited to play a game with a fellow “sexy adventure character appreciater (I just made that word up)”. Profile pic is fire.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s already available at Epic Store ($12), but I don’t do Epic. And there seems to be a problem with the Steam release.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s now available on Steam. I have installed it and ready when you are, DCast.
Anybody else joining?

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I’m actually very interested but I felt like I got kind of burned on Crown and Pawns cuz of the QuickTime events, they didn’t work well on my computer. I’ll be interested in hearing your thoughts and maybe I’ll join after an hour or two of y’all playing and seeing what y’all say about the experience.

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Going to be starting this up very soon. If not later tonight than sometime tomorrow. Looking forward to it and everyone else’s impressions.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Also don’t do Epic.
Locked and loaded. Let’s dive in!!
Will be posting first impressions tomorrow and hope you are as well, Karlok. Also,PlanetX - welcome, let’s do this!

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

It looks quite promising and I’m looking for something new to play right now. I might wait on your first impressions to see whether it’s a buy for me.

AKA Charo

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top