• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Provenance, a new adventure game I’m working on

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2021-09-21

PM

Just wanted to announce the development of a new first-person adventure game I have been working on, would love to hear feedback, ideas etc.

It is inspired by games such as Conarium, the old Sierra adventure games, Call Of the Sea and other similar titles

The website is at https://www.provenancegame.com/

Steam page https://store.steampowered.com/app/1749330/Provenance_Room_226/

Thanks,
Steve

Joined 2021-09-21

PM

Here is some gameplay footage of the game.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

It looks quite good and the music for the trailer is enjoyable.

Here’s an overly long introduction to a question: the game is tagged on steam as a walking simulator (among other things). I’m not very familiar with the genre, but I think it suggests a game light on puzzles, mainly focused on exploration and being rather than performing actions, overcoming obstacles, etc.

From your description and the trailer, I’d say the game has more of an escape room meets adventure mystery vibe going on.

Would you describe the game as a walking sim and why? Could it be considered a casual game? Or is it a (more or less) traditional point & click adventure game?

Joined 2021-09-21

PM

The game is really an adventure game. It is heavy on story and there are lots of puzzles. I tried to keep most of the puzzles relevant to the story and setting and not just random slide or picture puzzles.

I’ll probably remove the walking simulator tag on steam.

The gameplay is very similar to games like Conarium, or The Guest. It is a first-person 3d game so not really a point and click game.

I hope that clears it up a bit! Smile

Steve

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top