• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #10: Bureaucracy

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

haha good point!

I hope we find another credit card in the mail. I think all out fraud is the only way to survive in this game’s economy.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Got caught up between work and childcare…  Now reading the thread.

Karlok - 03 September 2021 08:09 AM

Yes, they came in a blue box, except Wonderland. And Myth, the only one I haven’t played. I had a Daktari S/M Atari ST in those days and the leaflet is certainly right about the amazing black-and-white monitor, sharp and very easy on the eyes. The Atari was also completely silent thanks to its external cooling. Great computer. I don’t remember if the Commodore was famous for its incredible sound, never owned one.

I was so envious at two of my friends one who had an Atari St and another who had an amiga. I somehow would have associated the Atari ST with great sound given its extensive use in Music (my friend’s father who had the Atari was a musician and used it for its midi capabilities).  On the other hand, I somehow remember the amiga for its great graphics.

Instead I had a Thomson computer at home (a TO8) which was a uniquely French computer.

I tried to push my parents to buy an Amiga or an Atari ST (but mostly really wanted an Amiga) but they refused and we eventually got a PC.

Vegetable Party - 03 September 2021 11:55 AM
Karlok - 03 September 2021 11:20 AM

I see… we’re not supposed to go “off-topic”. Right. I’m so sorry I mentioned my old Atari. I clearly deserved to be ignored. From now on I’ll be as on-topic as I possibly can. No jokes, no comments.

Please do go off-topic, talk about stuff you like and make jokes and comments.
I mean it! Or don’t, if you don’t want to, but I hope you will.

Fully agreed with that, going off-topic is what makes the playthrough fun. Jokes and comments are essential Smile

Karlok - 04 September 2021 05:52 AM

It’s not medium, it’s RAW. Yuck.

Hey beef tartare is super tasty! (of course only when the meat is very good quality)

Luhr28 - 04 September 2021 06:16 AM

>
A recording of an instrumental version of “Yesterday,” which should help Paul McCartney pay for Give My Regards to Broad Street is playing in the mansion.

Now that’s snark.

Luhr28 - 04 September 2021 09:21 AM

>
Death

You are dead.

[Your blood pressure is 0/0, in 110 moves. Your status is Defunct. Your score is 2 out of a possible 21, making you a Victim.]

That’s one effective way to reduce blood pressure Smile

Should we maybe deal with the bank issue first and go to the Fillmore Fiduciary Trust Bank which looks like a travel agency?

Since we currently have an expired US Express and can’t use our beezer card.

Total Posts: 7459

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Vegetable Party - 05 September 2021 04:36 AM

I sent him a PM, but he seems occupied at the moment. I hope all is well.

Oh sure, something must be wrong when people don’t visit the AG forums on a daily basis.  Tongue And I’d already sent him a PM before we started.

Luhr, can we check out the bank and that tenement? And then maybe feed the llama and/or call a cab.

EDIT: Hey giom! Smile Glad you’re joining us.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Yes!

Alright, let’s check out the bank. Any hesitation going in, regarding blood pressure, or are we just going for it?

(might as well)

>e
>n

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

>e
13 Utopia Avenue

This is the commercial district. You see a rather shabby brownstone tenement (obviously once a grand family house) to the east, and a travel agency (which is trying to look like a bank) to the west. The Fillmore Fiduciary Trust Bank (which is trying to look like a travel agency) lies to the north. The street continues south.

>n
As you enter, you hear an announcement say, “WARNING: The bank will close in 30 minutes.”

Bank

You are in The Fillmore Fiduciary Trust Bank. There is an exit to the south and teller windows to the north.

>x teller windows
You see nothing interesting about the teller window.

>n
Teller #5

You are in The Fillmore Fiduciary Trust Bank at teller window number 5.

This window has a sign above it that says:
THIS WINDOW FOR WITHDRAWALS ONLY.

The teller at the window says, “Do you wish to make a withdrawal?”

>>

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>>yes

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

>>yes
“Here is a withdrawal slip,” she says as she hands you one.

>x slip
The withdrawal slip looks like any other bank slip.

>fill in slip

(I assumed we would want to fill it in)

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

How much cash do we need?
Let’s be on the safe side and withdraw one thousand dollars. Smile

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

For $1000:

I kept reducing it and $300 seems to be the maximum.

What do I put for illegal activity? Smile

edit: Also, that’s a pretty fancy slip for one that “looks like any other bank slip”! With realtime errors and all!

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

That reminds me of the White House staffers who were asked to resign because they admitted to (previous) recreational cannabis use during their background checks.

There’s at least one blazed out aspiring speech writer who just said no during the background check, even with a history of saying yes.

This person has a bright future in politics.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

edit: I was about to severely freestyle but let’s get back on track.

did we answer with yes or no? If no, let’s hope we’ve dodged a bullet. If yes.. our crime was not mowing the lawn.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

If $300 is the max I bet we need $301 and have to rob the old woman or something. Smile
I wonder, if we had gone to the bank first (assuming we will get our 300 bucks), would it have made a difference in the restaurant. Because we did not get anything out of eating the free burger.

It’s tempting to say YES to illegal activity, such as robbing a bank. Maybe better to play it safe. Or can we do both? If that is not too much trouble for you, Luhr.

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

>fill in slip

[Your blood pressure just went up.]

Last name: ADAMS
First name: DOUGLAS
Middle initial: N
Amount of withdrawal: $ 300
For illegal activity? (y/n): Y
If yes, which one: ROBBING BANK
You have now filled out the slip.

>give slip to teller
“May I see some ID please.”

>give passport to teller
The bank teller looks at your passport and returns it to you. She says, “I’m afraid you have only $10.00 in your account. That is insufficient to cover your withdrawal. Have a nice day.”

[Your blood pressure just went up.]

>

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Karlok - 05 September 2021 08:55 AM

It’s tempting to say YES to illegal activity, such as robbing a bank. Maybe better to play it safe. Or can we do both? If that is not too much trouble for you, Luhr.

Not at all. If you want to try again, we can play it safe. I’m not sure it matters either way though.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Not good. Do we withdraw ten bucks or go somewhere else first? VP and Luhr, you decide.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top