• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Summer Sizzler Winners

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Final Summer Sizzler Scores:
Eddyc - 1240
Chrissie - 1210
Phlebas - 1140
Doom - 960
Becky - 700
Vegetable Party - 700
DarkEye - 630
Walas74 - 450
Ninjabynight - 330
Sir Beardalot - 40
Adv_Lvr - 20

Congratulations to Eddyc, Chrissie, and Phlebas for winning the top three spots!  You three may select a downloadable game from either GOG or Steam.  I will need the email you use there to send you the download link. 

I appreciate everyone who participated in this summer contest.  It’s not the best time of year for many, but aside from our winners, three other people were able to play for the entire 4 weeks: Vegetable Party, Becky, and Doom.  Since you are eligible for the consolation prize, your names were placed in a lidded box and shaken thoroughly.  My sister did the honors and picked a name.  Congratulations, Doom!  Let me know what game you would like.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

That was fun, thanks for doing that.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks, Lady K, for a sizzling good time! I owe you a lobster roll sometime in the future!

Total Posts: 136

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

Thank you Lady K for an month of creative challenges.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Loved it.

Awesome prizes as well!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You’re welcome!

So far, Eddyc decided on Guard Duty as his game, and Phlebas is getting Inspector Waffles Purrluxe Edition.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Congratulations eddyc on your win.  Thumbs Up

Thank you Lady Kestrel for a very enjoyable 4 weeks of varied and excellent puzzling. The masterpieces for me were the very clever Wish You Were Here letters.  Smile

Please can I have one of those big ice-creams!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

After working with that ice cream cone picture, I was ready to walk down the street for one (two, three?) cones from Dairy Queen.  Fortunately for my waistline, they were closed, so I just went to bed.

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Congratulations eddyc, chrissie & Phlebas for great scores!

Thank you Lady Kestrel for this summer sizzler! Some really great puzzles. The one I love the most is “Flea Market” Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Congratulations to the winners and nice picks!

Question: can I used the morphed cover of “Shivers” as my AG profile picture?

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Congratulations EddyC and Chrissie - that was a close finish!
And many thanks to LadyK for a fun and challenging quiz - The flea market was my favourite too!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Vegetable Party - 03 August 2021 08:47 AM

Question: can I used the morphed cover of “Shivers” as my AG profile picture?

Feel free to copy it, VP. Smile

I had fun doing those mirror distortions.  My current graphics program is Pixelmator, and it has all kinds of distortions and special effects to use.  Many of them have a kaleidoscopic effect, like the one I used on Shivers, and I spent hours just moving the cursor around.  I tried one on Sam & Max and got some laughable ones with several two-headed Maxes and a double-nosed Sam.  I have a kaleidoscope at home that breaks up real images into repeating patterns.  It gives a new perspective on everyday objects around the house.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Oh, this is so nice of you, Lady Kestrel, thank you Smile The quiz was great fun, I felt like we owe you a prize for putting so much effort into developing, designing and maintaining it for a whole month. It was like playing through a whole new adventure (the one where you can fail or skip some parts). This together with Baron Blubba’s crossword quizes made my summer. Congratulations to the winners and everyone else!

PC means personal computer

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you all for playing!  I like the challenge of coming up with a theme and trying to make puzzles that fit it.  It allows me to stretch my creative muscles a bit and keeps the brain rust at bay. Smile

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Congratulations for the winners!

It was a very creative quiz and I can’t wait for next summer Smile

Thank you very much for all the fun, Lady K!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Chrissie will be getting Not Another Weekend, and Doom asked for Spycraft: The Great Game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top