• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

adventure games for consoles

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Disgusted not to see anyone mention Zak and Wiki.

Anyway, Zak and Wiki for the Wii.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Origami - 07 August 2021 09:54 AM

Disgusted not to see anyone mention Zak and Wiki.

Anyway, Zak and Wiki for the Wii.

I stand corrected! Smile And I might want to give that a try. We picked up a second hand Wii U a while ago.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

So, if we’re move past simply recommending games and offering better advice to the OP, yeah, upgrade/get a new computer if you want to play adventure games. There’s a lot of good AGs on console, most of them are on PC as well, and the amount of PC exclusive AGs cannot be understated. Plus the level of versatility you get from emulation is unmatched. So essentially all the console/mobile exclusive adventures from the past can also be played on PC. There are some edge cases where you cant fully replicate the experience, like the DS hardware puzzles in CiNG games, but overall the library of potential games on PC cannot be beat.

Between PC exclusive indies, the freeware scene, emulation and the fact that most of the bigger games are/eventually become multiplatform, PC is the best single platform for AG games. If you’ve gatta go with one.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2004-01-02

PM

Thank you so much for your kind replies and insights. Having played Dreamfall on the XBOX360 confirmed what one member stated above - consoles are probably not the natural home for this genre.

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Shadow of Destiny for PS2 and PSP is a very interesting one that plays well on consoles.

Has a different name outside of the US, which I can’t remember at the moment.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Baron_Blubba - 07 August 2021 04:36 PM

Shadow of Destiny for PS2 and PSP is a very interesting one that plays well on consoles.

Shadow Of Memories. Really cool game.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

PlanetX - 07 August 2021 06:04 PM
Baron_Blubba - 07 August 2021 04:36 PM

Shadow Of Memories. Really cool game.

Great game. Loved it on the PS2.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

lipsum - 07 August 2021 04:12 PM

Thank you so much for your kind replies and insights. Having played Dreamfall on the XBOX360 confirmed what one member stated above - consoles are probably not the natural home for this genre.

There is no natural home for the genre. And you can have more than one system. Consoles are cheap fun, from $99 dollars to $499 currently. And programmers take advantage of the hardware. I am playing an adventure game on my iPad that you could not play on the PC. Adventure games like The Last Window, Hotel Dusk, Until Dawn, etc. are not on the PC and sold millions of copies and have unique gaming experiences you can’t get on the PC. I’ve even played adventure games on the 3DS that had 3D, gyroscope and camera puzzles not possible on the PC.

The PS5 dualsence controller is a game changer, giving you gaming experiences not possible on the PC. Don’t limit yourself. I have a $2500 dollar Alienware gaming PC and 366 PC adventure games and I still game on other systems.

FYI, Detroit: Became Human is the only recent AAA adventure game released. It was unique to the PS4 for years and sold over 3,5 million copies on the PlayStation before it was ported to the PC. It runs like a charm on a $199 PS4. It takes a $2000 dollar gaming PC to play this port to the PC.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Adv_Lvr - 13 August 2021 08:08 PM

FYI, Detroit: Became Human is the only recent AAA adventure game released. It was unique to the PS4 for years and sold over 3,5 million copies on the PlayStation before it was ported to the PC. It runs like a charm on a $199 PS4. It takes a $2000 dollar gaming PC to play this port to the PC.

2000 dollars seems a bit exaggerated. I have a gaming laptop bought for half the price and it runs Innocence A Plague’s Tale smoothly which came out a year after Detroit.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Origami - 15 August 2021 10:28 PM
Adv_Lvr - 13 August 2021 08:08 PM

2000 dollars seems a bit exaggerated. I have a gaming laptop bought for half the price and it runs Innocence A Plague’s Tale smoothly which came out a year after Detroit.

Detroit:Became Human is a graphics intensive AAA game they spent millions on just the graphics alone. I can get it to run on my Alienware gaming PC, but since it’s a port, it actually plays better on a PS4/5.

Official Recommended Requirements

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz or AMD Ryzen 3 1300 X @ 3.4 GHz
Memory: 12 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX or AMD Radeon 8 VRAM recommended (Support of Vulkan 1.1 required)
Storage: 55 GB available space

Heart

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Adv_Lvr - 16 August 2021 07:07 PM

Detroit:Became Human is a graphics intensive AAA game they spent millions on just the graphics alone. I can get it to run on my Alienware gaming PC, but since it’s a port, it actually plays better on a PS4/5.

What you forget to mention now is that on consoles the framerate is capped at 30 FPS, whereas on PC you can go higher than that, or limit it down if performance is an issue.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

There are lots of good titles out on the Switch at the moment. Off the top of my head - Thimbleweed Park, Oxenfree, The Inner World, Gibbous, Kentucky Route Zero, Unavowed, Tangle Towers, Machinarium, The Darkside Detective, Hero-U…

They’re a bit tougher to run into because of Switch’s complete lack of smart recommendation, so you’ll have to look up keywords like “adventure game” in the shop, but there are plenty of them.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Brawsome’s upcoming (and seemingly excellent) release “Warp Frontier” should also be available for the Switch.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Mr Underhill - 17 August 2021 05:45 AM

There are lots of good titles out on the Switch at the moment. Off the top of my head - Thimbleweed Park, Oxenfree, The Inner World, Gibbous, Kentucky Route Zero, Unavowed, Tangle Towers, Machinarium, The Darkside Detective, Hero-U…

They’re a bit tougher to run into because of Switch’s complete lack of smart recommendation, so you’ll have to look up keywords like “adventure game” in the shop, but there are plenty of them.

So true. I have a Switch and 30 games on it already. It’s the perfect system to collect for with some excellent limited editions of physical games and lots of indies. For a portable it’s performance is amazing.

This site has a good switch section:

https://adventuregamers.com/topgames/view/nintendo

FYI, Detroit Become Human Detroit runs 4K in 60 FPS and HDR on a PS5.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top