• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games you’re REALLY excited about

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

DCast - 26 May 2021 09:28 PM

Backbone just posted an 8th of June release date after a looong wait… Is anyone looking forward to this one?
I’ll try almost anything with a “noir” tag, but this one looks really promising, and the prologue (that you can still try as a demo on Steam) was rather intriguing.

I’m a kickstarter backer so I am looking forward to it. I’m not sure how well I’ll do at the stealth sections, but I hope there’s an easy mode.

For those of you looking forward to Harold Halibut, Twelve Minutes, The Big Con or NORCO you can book a ticket to play an exclusive demo at the Tribeca Games Festival using the Parsec app here.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

TheLongestJourney - 27 May 2021 11:38 AM
DCast - 26 May 2021 09:28 PM

Backbone just posted an 8th of June release date after a looong wait… Is anyone looking forward to this one?
I’ll try almost anything with a “noir” tag, but this one looks really promising, and the prologue (that you can still try as a demo on Steam) was rather intriguing.

I’m a kickstarter backer so I am looking forward to it. I’m not sure how well I’ll do at the stealth sections, but I hope there’s an easy mode.

For those of you looking forward to Harold Halibut, Twelve Minutes, The Big Con or NORCO you can book a ticket to play an exclusive demo at the Tribeca Games Festival using the Parsec app here.

Thank you so much for that! NORCO and The Big Con are games I’ve been looking forward to for a long time. I’m excited to try them out.

Also - what an interesting way to try a demo. It’s a first for me, where I have to “buy a tucket” (it’s free) for a very strict time slot and a timed demo. I couldn’t find a slot for 12 Minutes any longer - everything is marked as “sold out”  Grin

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Baron_Blubba - 01 May 2021 05:11 PM

Oh, and for non-adventure games, I’d be keen to play a new Dragon Quest game in 2022. Most of all though, I think I’d like a sequel or a significant DLC update to Ring Fit Adventure for Nintendo Switch. This and Dance Dance Revolution were by far my most played games of the last 18 months.

Dragon Quest has been officially announced today. You’re free to cheer now.

My current list of most wantes adventure games:

Scene Investigators
I failed at the demo, but I’m going to get better at this. There are way too few deductive adventures.

Rosewater
Treasure hunting? count me in!

INCANTAMENTUM
The demo version was amazing.

Slender Threads
The story is promising.

Asylum
I love creepy first person adventures.

Every upcoming game by Darkling Room
I know Jonathan and Matt take forever to finish them, but there’d be a lot less creepy horror adventures out there without them. So whenever they actually release something, I’m really happy. Right now they have four or five games in development.

The Tideshell Keepers
The Story sounds good, and the game looks beautiful.

Port Valley
Again, I played the demo and fell in love.

Plot of the Druid
The demo gave me Simon the Sorcerer vibes.

Stasis: Bone Totem
I really enjoyed the first one.

Crowns and Pawns
If it’s just a little bit like Broken Sword, I want it.

Trip the Ark Fantastic
It reminds me of Inherit the Earth, and it’s beautiful.

Nightmare Frames
Pixel horror. This time it’s about the search for a really scary movie.

The Mystery of Oak Island
And another treasure hunt.

Watch Over Christmas
I need more adventures for my favorite holiday.

Old Skies
If it’s a game by Wadjet Eye, I just have to play it.

Children of Lumera
Another promising fantasy adventure.

The Crimson Diamond
A game in the style of Laura Bow.

Cascade Quest
Another Sierra style adventure.

The Koala Rebellion
Three’s a charm. Here’s another one in the spirit of the old Sierra games.

Unusual Findings
An adventure game like the Netflix show Stranger Things. What’s not to love?

I know that my list is way too long, but there are so many adventures in development right now, it’s hard to choose fewer favorites. And I’ve already left out the games that don’t seem to be going anywhere. Enjoy it, guys. This warm rain’s going to last a while.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

This thread is so full of hope.

It has a couple of pretty good recommendations as well.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

@Little Rose - Almost all of of those are on my “excited about list” Content

Stasis: Bone Totem is probably in the top 3, as I loved Stasis!

Please, post as many as you can/want - I love seeing what others are into. There’s no such thing as “list is way too long” when it comes to adventures.

Thanks for mentioning demo on Scene Investigators - I didn’t know they have one, and found it on their website.

Mystery of Oak Island is still a mystery… Couldn’t find anything new on that one, and it was in development since what? 2015? Even their website is now promoting software for adventure creators. I think you posted that you’re on the forum where they do updates? Hopefully, you can post some here. At least how close to completion are they?

Koala Rebellion and Unusual Findings do look great. I have another I can add -
The Funny Boneyard. Didn’t expect much from a demo (on itch.io), but was really pleasantly surprised.

And I have no idea how I missed Old Skies, but yep - right on the list it goes. As a side note - I’d love for Wadjet Eye to make something along my favorite game of theirs - “Emerald City Confidential”.

Thank you!

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

DCast - 27 May 2021 11:31 PM

Mystery of Oak Island is still a mystery… Couldn’t find anything new on that one, and it was in development since what? 2015? Even their website is now promoting software for adventure creators. I think you posted that you’re on the forum where they do updates? Hopefully, you can post some here. At least how close to completion are they?

Every couple of months the developers post an update in their thread in the German Adventure-Treff forum. They’re still working on it, but there’s progress.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Ace Attorney Chronicles!

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1+2 are hitting the western markets finally and will also be released on steam.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Origami - 28 May 2021 06:16 PM

Ace Attorney Chronicles!

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1+2 are hitting the western markets finally and will also be released on steam.

I already pre-purchased the Chronicles Content  Very stoked. Ace Attorney series is fantastic - it’s a shame they didn’t release all the existing ones for PC.

Couldn’t find anything on Dai Gyakuten on Steam yet, but I’m assuming it’s part of the series?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m still looking fwd to Syberia: The World Before. It may not happen now, sadly.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Adv_Lvr - 29 May 2021 08:10 AM

I’m still looking fwd to Syberia: The World Before. It may not happen now, sadly.

Heart

I’m thinking that since it was a battle with a long-term illness, his passing wasn’t entirely unexpected, so like someone else said in the other forum thread, I’m hoping he did what he could for this game, and there is a team that will be taking it to the finishing line. I just hope it will have this “Yep, this is definitely Sokal” feeling to it when it’s released - Syberia is an absolute classic, so it will be the a great commemoration.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Feeble Files is coming to Steam on June 22nd! I’m happy to see old games finding their way back to new platforms and computers.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DCast - 29 May 2021 05:39 PM

Feeble Files is coming to Steam on June 22nd! I’m happy to see old games finding their way back to new platforms and computers.

It’s been on GOG for more than ten years.

Some puzzles were way too hard for my brain. I remember I couldn’t make head or tail of one particular puzzle, so I read the solution in a walkthrough and still didn’t understand the explanation. Painful.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Karlok - 29 May 2021 09:02 PM

Some puzzles were way too hard for my brain. I remember I couldn’t make head or tail of one particular puzzle, so I read the solution in a walkthrough and still didn’t understand the explanation. Painful.

Oh yes, I own it on GOG! I just think Steam has more people on it in general, and it offers much more as a community to a player - there’s just more communication and talk about played games, forums, comments, contests and curator’s groups…That kinda thing. GOG is still really bare in this sense, and I highly doubt it’ll be competitive with Steam any time soon in this field.
Feeble Files isn’t easy - very true. Or more like obscure in their choices. I used a walkthrough as well (which I’m not a fan of), and yes - still wasn’t clear on how things got done. It’s been years, though, since I played it, so I’ll be interested to know what this game feels like now. If not for anything else - the game definitely has charm and people remember it, maybe I’ll go for breaking my brain again when it’s released Grin

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

DCast - 27 May 2021 11:31 PM

And I have no idea how I missed Old Skies, but yep - right on the list it goes. As a side note - I’d love for Wadjet Eye to make something along my favorite game of theirs - “Emerald City Confidential”.

Thank you!

Thanks for defending Emerald City Confidential. I translated it a few years ago thinking it was a causal game and I loved it!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DCast - 29 May 2021 09:28 PM
Karlok - 29 May 2021 09:02 PM

Oh yes, I own it on GOG! I just think Steam has more people on it in general, and it offers much more as a community to a player - there’s just more communication and talk about played games, forums, comments, contests and curator’s groups…That kinda thing. GOG is still really bare in this sense, and I highly doubt it’ll be competitive with Steam any time soon in this field.

Absolutely. I prefer GOG if I have a choice, but I always check the Steam forums and store page for updates, bugs, discussions. Seems to me devs don’t pay much attention, if any, to their GOG release. Very recent example is Mutropolis. On Steam an older update included the option to highlight hot spots, which was clearly not present in my GOG game. The devs never replied to another GOG buyer’s question in the Steam forum if there was any chance of a GOG update. Frown 

Something else I find annoying: GOG and Steam versions are not always identical. One example is Steam’s Noctropolis. I couldn’t read the in-game text but the GOG version was fine. And I know I’ve said it before, but I will say it again: The Last Express on Steam and on mobile phones is completely ruined with its bullshit achievements, NPC biographies and pop-ups. Anything to please the casual player. Worst of all, the credits have disappeared, which is kind of criminal because they are an important part of the experience.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top