• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cryo games - remastered?

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2004-01-02

PM

Does anybody know if any of the classic Cryo games of more than 20 years ago has been remastered? Are they playable using DOSBOX?

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Not remastered as far as I know and I think many were Windows 95/98 only with no DOS version. The first Atlantis games are on GOG.com, really cheap right now.

Edit: Some of the games may have been released in ”updated” versions by Anuman interactive. But those are simplified, dumbed down versions made mainly to work well on hand-held devices.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’ll add that Mobygames.com has a long list of the Cryo games. You can check the few DOS games at DOSbox (under compatibility). For instance KGB, Versailles, Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure, Lost Eden can be played in DOSbox.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I saw the name of the thread, and my heart skipped a beat. The thread title lacks a question mark.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Versailles 1685 is supported by ScummVM I think.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2023-10-19

PM

lipsum - 10 February 2024 04:49 PM

classic Cryo games of more than 20 years ago

So games from before you became a member? It’s impressive that your post rate is 1.2 per year Gasp

Veovis - 11 February 2024 04:18 AM

Versailles 1685 is supported by ScummVM I think.

I can confirm and it plays like a charm. It’s sequel isn’t supported though.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lamb - 11 February 2024 08:11 AM

So games from before you became a member? It’s impressive that your post rate is 1.2 per year Gasp

Who cares? Leave him/her alone.

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2023-11-15

PM

Karlok - 12 February 2024 09:02 AM

Who cares? Leave him/her alone.

You’re reading ill-intent where none exists. This goes back to the widespred hostility within the Forum brought up in A General Observation.
And refrain from binary identifiers.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Agent Parser - 12 February 2024 09:44 AM

You’re reading ill-intent where none exists.

You are speaking for someone else.

There are only two sexes. Male and female.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Agent Parser - 12 February 2024 09:44 AM

Somewhat dictatorial, don’t you think? It’s not as if you run this site and can control what people wish to post.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2004-01-02

PM

Karlok - 10 February 2024 09:49 PM

I’ll add that Mobygames.com has a long list of the Cryo games. You can check the few DOS games at DOSbox (under compatibility). For instance KGB, Versailles, Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure, Lost Eden can be played in DOSbox.

Haven’t visited that site for ages! A very big thank you for the reminder Smile

Joined 2004-01-02

PM

diego - 10 February 2024 10:30 PM

I saw the name of the thread, and my heart skipped a beat. The thread title lacks a question mark.

Thank you for the correction. My heart also would do the same had I seen the title. Still, let’s not lose our hope… until then, I added the question mark Smile

Joined 2023-10-19

PM

Karlok - 12 February 2024 10:04 AM

I was impressed by it due to being an extremely rare case across the board, you projected onto it your own nature.

There are only two sexes. Male and female.

Pronouns are constructs not sex. Disagree with the scientific community, English grammar and reality at your own peril.

Jabod - 12 February 2024 10:08 AM

Somewhat dictatorial, don’t you think? It’s not as if you run this site and can control what people wish to post.

Is it because Karlok is a Sr. Adventurer that you ignored that Karlok told another person to leave someone else alone first based on pure conjecture? But you had an issue with being more inclusive, hm?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lamb - 12 February 2024 10:47 AM

I was impressed by it due to being an extremely rare case across the board, you projected onto it your own nature.

Oh wow. No wonder your avatar carries a knife.

Pronouns are constructs not sex. Disagree with the scientific community, English grammar and reality at your own peril.

Science, English grammar and reality are all on my side. Third-person singular personal pronouns refer to male and female persons.

Is it because Karlok is a Sr. Adventurer that you ignored that Karlok told another person to leave someone else alone first based on pure conjecture?

I noticed you avoided using a personal pronoun for me. You can do as you please, of course. Just for the record, I am a female person.  Cool

Joined 2023-10-19

PM

Karlok - 12 February 2024 11:05 AM

Third-person singular personal pronouns refer to male and female persons.

Sorry, dear, times have changed. What also constantly changes: science and grammar.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lamb - 12 February 2024 11:09 AM
Karlok - 12 February 2024 11:05 AM

Third-person singular personal pronouns refer to male and female persons.

Sorry, dear, times have changed. What also constantly changes: science and grammar.

Can you give me a link to the new science and grammar I missed?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top