You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New So Blonde Screenshots...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #101
The Quiet One

Good to know that it should be coming out this year. I hope it does well over here too.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #102

Is it possible that a full English retail version (=English voices AND subtitles) is already out somewhere?
It seems to be a trend now to release full English versions of games in non-English speaking countries MONTHS before they get released in US\UK. This seems to mostly happen in Greece.
Recent examples are Simon the Sorcerer 4, Sinking Island and Belief and Betrayal. Is So Blonde next?
Old 06-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #103
Writer-Designer

The English version is supposed to be out in August.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:02 PM   #104
Banned User

The game is already out sadly. On torrents. So, Aurebesh, you are correct.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:29 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
The game is already out sadly. On torrents. So, Aurebesh, you are correct.
Yes it's available on torrents but I didn't mean that, I meant an official release. Some non-English-speaking countries must have received a So Blonde retail release otherwise the torrent guys wouldn't have a source to take it from... so it's probably out in Greece or something, we've seen that several times before.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:39 AM   #106
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh View Post
Yes it's available on torrents but I didn't mean that, I meant an official release. Some non-English-speaking countries must have received a So Blonde retail release otherwise the torrent guys wouldn't have a source to take it from... so it's probably out in Greece or something, we've seen that several times before.

Exactly the reason why I said torrents. How else would it be up. I absolutely already knew what you meant.

Anyways, why do they released early at these places anyways? Is it a marketing move?
Old 06-23-2008, 06:09 AM   #107

I don't know, but we already seen it in several games already - Sinking Island, Simon the Sorcerer 4 and Belief & Betrayal had all have full English versions (OFFICIAL retail versions, not pirated shit!) way before they were released in UK\US (actually, Sinking Island and Simon 4 STILL haven't been released in English-speaking countries, and we all know their English versions have been officially released already some months ago).

According to Steve Ince (above), the English version will be released in August, so something here doesn't make sense, pirates can't release something that's two months away... the game is either released somewhere already (Greece probably) or is already finished (the full English version that is) and is going to be released any day now (again, in Greece probably).
Or perhaps that torrent thing is non-English, I didn't check. I just thought it means we can order the game from somewhere.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:39 AM   #108
LGH

The thing is that, even if legal, most US/UK publishers would perhaps want to keep the word on these import versions down, since they like to sell their own copies on their market.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:20 AM   #109
Super Moderator

The hint request posts have been moved into this thread in our hint request and technical problems forum.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:57 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGH View Post
The thing is that, even if legal, most US/UK publishers would perhaps want to keep the word on these import versions down, since they like to sell their own copies on their market.
Well, I'm not asking the UK/US publishers, I'm asking here I was hoping someone from Greece or something will say that they saw the English version in their local store, just like it was with the previous games I've mentioned earlier.

If that's not the case, then the game was leaked.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:07 AM   #111

Well, in a couple of online stores I checked I didn't find it.
Why are you obsessed with greece anyway? Just because simon4 was released here early?
Old 06-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keregioz View Post
Well, in a couple of online stores I checked I didn't find it.
Why are you obsessed with greece anyway? Just because simon4 was released here early?
...and Sinking Island and Belief & Betrayal... so I figured there's a good chance So Blonde followed the same path.
I don't understand the logic of releasing English versions in non-English-speaking countries months before releasing them in English speaking countries.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:15 AM   #113

Quote:
...and Sinking Island and Belief & Betrayal... so I figured there's a good chance So Blonde followed the same path.
I don't understand the logic of releasing English versions in non-English-speaking countries months before releasing them in English speaking countries.
Yeah, I don't get this either and I'm sure that it must cause lots problems with piracy. I mean, if you're really looking forward to these games and you have a choice between waiting 2-4 months or perhaps even longer for a game to come out in your country and just downloading a torrent and having it tomorrow...

Perhaps the English speaking market for AG's has become so small that they don't care? Then again release "strategies" like this will make this assertion a self-fulfilling prophesy.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inwards View Post
Yeah, I don't get this either and I'm sure that it must cause lots problems with piracy. I mean, if you're really looking forward to these games and you have a choice between waiting 2-4 months or perhaps even longer for a game to come out in your country and just downloading a torrent and having it tomorrow...

Perhaps the English speaking market for AG's has become so small that they don't care? Then again release "strategies" like this will make this assertion a self-fulfilling prophesy.
Well, if the pirates somehow got an original copy to spread around, maybe we can too get one for ourselves that's why I started talking about it, trying to find out in which country the full English version can be bought already.
But I believe Steve Ince would have known if an English version was released yet, doesn't matter WHERE in the world, so the other option is that the pirates simply got a leaked copy directly from the developer/publisher.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 AM   #115
Schättenjager

Released non-English-speaking countries months ago, why bother i couldnt find a second review but this:
Thanks to the main character Sunny, the game could have been great. But story and design are plain boring. Most of the time is spent searching through different locations by clicking around. This just serves to prolong the game to cover up the thin story. The pretty graphics and good dialogues are the only reason to keep on playing.

http://www.gamestar.de/test/adventur...so_blonde.html
Old 06-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Released non-English-speaking countries months ago,
Yes it's a known fact, but I was refering to an ENGLISH version that was released in non-English speaking countries, not a NON-English version that was released in non-English speaking countries
Old 06-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #117

I just wanna back you up Aurebesh with what you're saying. I had to import 'Wanted: A Western Adventure' and 'Runaway' amongst others because they weren't released in my country, or took years to do so. As excited as I am for August, I can't help but feel the release date of So Blonde in England being held back again and again. That's what happened with Ankh.

I'd rather import an English speaking version from another country.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
I just wanna back you up Aurebesh with what you're saying. I had to import 'Wanted: A Western Adventure' and 'Runaway' amongst others because they weren't released in my country, or took years to do so. As excited as I am for August, I can't help but feel the release date of So Blonde in England being held back again and again. That's what happened with Ankh.

I'd rather import an English speaking version from another country.
Thanks unfortunately I'm still trying to find that country...
Old 06-27-2008, 10:19 PM   #119

Quote:
As I understand it the game is released to countries that have many languages in a "multi" language version, like on one disc. So you inevitably have english in there somewhere, which is what the pirates are playing.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggreen737 View Post
As I understand it the game is released to countries that have many languages in a "multi" language version, like on one disc. So you inevitably have english in there somewhere, which is what the pirates are playing.
Oh, never thought about the "multi-language" option. I didn't download the pirated copy
So yes, that might explain this. So where is this version sold? I don't mind the other languages as long as you have the option to have everything in English (voices, subtitles, menus, readmes, etc.).

Incidentally, I know that Simon the Sorcerer 4 had an English+French release, but I don't know in which countries.