• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lace Mamba Global (Disgrace!)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

what are the odds of getting Black Sails , The Lost Chronicles of Zerzura and Haunted released in English?

there is no doubt that Lace Mamba Global had made a difference at releasing many German titles in the past years, but it seems the more the title gets old the more they lose interest in releasing it, like Black Sails for instance , is it really a lost case that no one cares about publishing it in English.

actually i do not remember a similar cases like with those games before, maybe Dead Mountaineer Hotel as far as i remember , but it was released in the end Akella .

it seems that the market in Germany now is enough for an adventure Game’s Success (or a least covering expenses) without the need to go through the troubles of Global/English Releases.

any Ideas?

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

I don’t believe they have any say in Haunted or Zerzura.  Those both come down to dtp’s bankruptcy issues.  Until that’s resolved, those two games are basically in limbo. 

I don’t think LMG ever had any plans to publish Black Sails.  No idea why not, but the rights belong to another German publisher, Astrogon.  Maybe they had no desire (or resources) to localize.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I might have not been Following up, but Lace Mamba Global Ltd.(Facebook Page) had posted some photos for Black Sails (long ago).

and what is strange i checked out Astragon they had never Published any Adventure Game , all are Simulation games!

i wonder if this game really going down the drain!
it had been released in Germany more than 28 months ago!,
i watched its videos and it looks more intriguing/interesting than the other Deck13’s Haunted .

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

As Jackal said, the future of Zerzura and Haunted lays on dtp.

I asked about Black Sails ENG version in gamescom (from Deck13, astragon and their pr agency Buschbaum Media), but so far there is no plan to release it. It may change though. Lets make a petition for astragon after the release of Jack Keane 2? Astragon is small enough to listen public outcry. Smile

Btw, astragon seems to take it’s business seriously. Jan Klose said in gamescom he is happy to work with astragon (Jack Keane 2 at the moment).
Astragon has published a lot of advs locally, even if their homepage shows only JK1, Puzzle Agent, Reading the Dead (Deck13 hidden object game) and few more. They also have Just Play It! label. You can find more from Wikipedia.

Oh there are a lot of adventures which are lost. You mentioned Akella, which might be the best example. Remember The Bad, the Ugly and the Sober? Its yet to see eng rel. Remember how long it took for A Stroke of Fate to release? 2nd part is still missing.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Is there any guess when the matter of dtp will be resolved?

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

If u are asking my guess(!), then I’d believe this year, in coming months.
dtp entertainment is still operating (although in smaller capacity, as i’ve understand). They have still active lineup for upcoming games, website is updated etc. Also, website claims that Zerzura, Memento Mori 2 (with typo in year) etc will be released 31.12.2012 in UK. Such end of quarter date usually means “we’re not exactly sure when”, but at least they are aiming 2012. To get the games to shop by Christmas period would be good for everyone, so if there are still any decent businessmen in dtp, they should work hard.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-10-26

PM

The English verson of “Lost Chronicles of Zerzura” is listed on Amazon.com as releasing on October 30, 2012. It is being published by Viva Media in the US.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

tonyc0818 - 26 October 2012 10:24 PM

The English verson of “Lost Chronicles of Zerzura” is listed on Amazon.com as releasing on October 30, 2012. It is being published by Viva Media in the US.

Holy crap I thought I posted this. Nice taste!

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Amazon?! Wow! Surprising that it may be available in US before Europe, and it comes as boxed product. But fantastic news anyway! Smile

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

well, Gamersgate already sells Haunted Smile
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-HAUNTED/haunted

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2008-10-18

PM

It’s pretty obvious now that the reason Lace Mamba Global didn’t release the english versions of “Haunted” and “Lost chroncles of Zerzura” wasn’t because of the insolvency of DTP.

The english versions were released by distributors for the US, additional language versions of “Lost chroncles of Zerzura” were released, DTP released a couple of titles after the announcing the insolvency and submitted a lot of titles for Steam greenlight. The reason is that DTP started a so called “Planinsolvenz” which is not the type of insolvency to liquidate the company. Its more like chapter 11 of the US insolvency laws.

So apart from what Lace Mamba Global once said it looks like the problem is on their part. The downside is that we may wait longer for some titles we hoped to get from Lace Mamba Global. Frown

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lace Mamba Global set:-
Murder in Tehran’s Alleys 1933 for April 2013
Lifeless Planet for May 2013

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I ask Admins to delete this thread as i have no respect to Such organization and i take back all the positive remarks i made about it on my 1st post !

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Wow, I am royally insulted by such actions. -_- I really enjoyed all the games Lace had published, but for all of this? Disgrace.

Now I feel like shit that fellow devs are being taken advantage like this. All trust is gone for them now.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I’m strongly against deleting this thread!
I agree that LMG actions are ugly. But why should this thread go? Feel free to rename the thread, but I hope the content stays.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top