• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleFlorus

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Playstation Vita

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

I just purchased a Vita and was wondering if anyone knew if there are any adventure games for it?

Total Posts: 1894

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

well, theres virtues last reward. Ideally you might want to play 999 (the first game) first. Though 999 is only on the ds, and imo the tie-in to the first game isnt terribly important.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

If you buy PlayStation Plus (and live in Europe), you currently get Virtues Last Reward for free plus a bunch of other great games. I can definitely recommend the service - so far they’ve given me about 10 or so games, and it’s pretty much been all the biggest titles for the console :-)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Nelza - 16 April 2013 01:56 AM

I just purchased a Vita and was wondering if anyone knew if there are any adventure games for it?

Unfortunatly not..not even one.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

I just so happen to have 999 for the DS, had a little play but really haven’t gotten too far into it yet.

I looked into the Playstation Plus thank you Kasper and it does have the same deal here in Australia. Grin It looks very worthwhile!

The only concern I’m having now is whether ‘Zero Escape’ will play better on the 3DS?

I bought Silent Hill: Book of Memories but I still haven’t played the fifth one yet so it seems I’ve got a bit of catching up to do before I can even touch the Vita. Tongue First world problems…

Thanks for the info guys!

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

There are pros and cons to either choice.  The 3DS version of Virtue makes good use of the dual screen for notes and helps with certain puzzles, and if you care about the 3D effect it’s not very strong in this game but it does add a little.  However, the Vita version has better audio quality and the 3DS version of the game suffers from a potential save destroying bug if you save in a few select areas of the game, the developers have yet to fix the problem and it doesn’t exist on the Vita version.  So if you get the 3DS version, you’ll want to Google details about the bug to know where not to save.  Just offhand, playing it safe is just don’t save during puzzle room sequences.

In terms of other adventure games on the system, there’s not a lot of options, Machinarium recently came out, and a game called Corpse Party can loosely be called an adventure game.  Both are in the Playstation Store.  The RPG Persona 4: Golden also has some adventure game elements besides being one of the best games on the system if you don’t mind branching out a bit.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv been told the same crash exists on the vita version, though it possibly has less chances of occurring (also it wouldnt surprise me if theyv fixed by now it on the vita version)

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

Wow!  That is really helpful thank you HitBattousai!  You really know your stuff!

I guess now I have to decide whether I’d prefer a better visual or audio effect.

I’ll have a look into those other games.  I played Machinarium recently on the PC so I might give that a miss but it’s great to know about the better games on the system thank you!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

There’s also Tearaway that’s coming later this year.

If you’re an adventure gamer, though, the (3)DS is still by far the better handheld platform in terms of available games. And frankly, I’m not entirely convinced that’ll ever change…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 16 April 2013 04:40 PM

If you’re an adventure gamer, though, the (3)DS is still by far the better handheld platform in terms of available games. And frankly, I’m not entirely convinced that’ll ever change…

The DS, yes definitely. But the 3DS? Really not a lot of worthwhile adventure games, especially exclusives. And DS games look like shit on the 3DS because of the different resolutions, so you can’t even use it for that. At the end of the day, I still think VLR made buying a 3DS worth it, but to be honest I haven’t used it for much more than that (and Layton 5, which was typical unremarkable Layton fare). At this point, a cheap DS looks like a more reasonable choice for most adventure gamers.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

If you solely want to play adventure games, go for the DS (and whatever else the console has to offer, like your typical Mario/Zelda/Metroid games). If you also like a more AAA experience on the go, get the Vita - the Uncharted game is great and the exclusive Assassin’s Creed game is also very good. If you get off on “amazing” 3D visuals, get a 3DS.

For any people still undecided about whether or not to get the Vita specifically I’d wait for the inevitable price drop in a few months when the PS4 release is getting closer.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The Walking Dead is also coming to the Vita later this year.
I’m hoping with VIta opening up to the indies there will be more adventures releasing for the system. The online shop offerings is miles better than the 3DS.
3DS is really lacking compared to the DS (Cing…).

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

As an avid 3DS gamer - a major Video Game website has these adventure games listed as being released in 2013 with firm release dates:

Gemini Rue - ios

Terraway - PSV

Machinerum - PSV

Book of Shadows - PSV

Broken Sword - WIN/IOS

Beyond: Two Souls - PS3

Now - there are no adventure games for the DS/3DS with firm release dates currently.

So - bought a used VITA and just LOVE IT. I also got a Netbook PC for $268 dollars and it is great fun to play all my PC adventure games on. For my VITA I got Machinerum and Book of Shadows - these are amazing adventure games.

I’ve played “Virtue’s Last Reward” - highly recommended. Some ways the VITA version is better than the 3DS version - some ways not as good - most people judge both versions to be about equal.

Terraway is being marketed as a huge system selling hit game - and I sure love those.

So - buy Virtue’s Last Reward, Machinerum and Book of Shadows for now, Terraway when it gets released - as you can see from other posts, many more adventure games are in the works and should also get firm release dates soon.

Heart  Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Mikekelly - 16 April 2013 08:06 PM

So - buy Virtue’s Last Reward, Machinerum and Book of Shadows for now

a note on book of shadows: its really really recommended to play corpse party first. Book of shadows is a sort of weird “what if” game based on the plot of corpse party, and if you havnt played it, it wont feel very satisfying or make a lot of sense. Honestly i cant recommend book of shadows real highly. But i do recommend corpse party quite highly.. and after playing that, BoS is a sort of neat addition to it.

Also, more adventure games for 3ds will come. And generally they will be games that are 3ds exclusive.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Gemini Rue is coming to ios?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top