• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

FBI Confidential Art of Murder - thoughts on an old game

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-03-29

PM

Having bought the Art of Murder collection I have played through the first game and found it a bit underwhelming. The pros are that the graphics are very nice and the story is reasonably strong but overall the whole thing left me feeling a bit flat. Too many ‘back and forwards performing petty tasks’ moments that feel like they were included just to pad out the game length.

Having played a lot of these things over the years since the classic Broken Sword: Shadow of The Templars I have learnt to not get exasperated with ludicrous plot devices but I had to laugh at the idea that our heroine would find an operational light aircraft in the middle of a lost Inca city that had not been visited for twenty years and only have to dust off an oil filter to get it up and running!

My main gripe with the game is that although the puzzles are not impossibly difficult or defy logic there are points where you have actually completed all the tasks that need to be done in an area but nothing tells you this and you keep wandering around looking for people to talk to or objects to interact with that you must have missed when actually you should be heading to a new location.

Finally there is one particular hole in the ending which is actually pointed out by the mysterious ‘Nick’ and emphasised by the final shot of Allan Branford standing on the sidewalk watching the bodies being removed from the Subway…How did he know what was going down and did he have anything to do with Chaser/Raches killing spree?

I understand that Hunt for the Puppeteer is regarded as an improvement over the first game so hopefully I will enjoy that more..

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top