• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bad cat lady,what have you done!

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-03-27

PM

Hello there!
Yesterday i finished this game,the cat lady. Oh my.. This game is just awesome! Mind blowing! But sadly i finished it Frown
Is there something similar out there for me? Something with awesome (kinda horror) story and little to no action? I want movie-like games, they are just awesome! Not many puzzles,but not completely a movie!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

might want to give an idea of what you’ve already played.
But its safe to say you should play telltale’s the walking dead if you havnt already Smile

Joined 2013-03-27

PM

Well, the only games of that kind i played is Amnesia, Cat lady, Broken sword series, fahrenheit, Call of cthulhu: dark corners of the earth. Nothing else comes to mind!
But, i need something more like cat lady or fahrenheit . A adventure game,without guns and shooting and not jump scares (like slender).
Also, i’m watching The walking dead on TV. Isn’t it kinda the same? But i guess there is action in this (shoot and kill zombies!) and i don’t really like shooting.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

You might like The Dark Eye (1995)

Joined 2013-03-27

PM

Oscar - 27 March 2013 07:39 PM

You might like The Dark Eye (1995)

Thanks! I’ll take a look into it!

Any other suggestions? Also , i’d prefer some “newer” games!

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

dr3af - 27 March 2013 07:30 PM

But, i need something more like cat lady or fahrenheit . A adventure game,without guns and shooting and not jump scares (like slender).
Also, i’m watching The walking dead on TV. Isn’t it kinda the same? But i guess there is action in this (shoot and kill zombies!) and i don’t really like shooting.

what you want is: the walking dead by telltale. The walking dead by activision is a shooter. The walking dead by telltale is an adventure game: http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead

Joined 2013-03-27

PM

zane - 27 March 2013 09:36 PM
dr3af - 27 March 2013 07:30 PM

what you want is: the walking dead by telltale. The walking dead by activision is a shooter. The walking dead by telltale is an adventure game: http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead

Oh sorry for the missunderstanding! I’ll try it!

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

dr3af - 27 March 2013 09:37 PM

Oh sorry for the missunderstanding! I’ll try it!

no problem Tongue
You’re in for a treat, because its a different plot from the show, and agreed by many to be the best adventure game of 2012.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

If you don’t mind the lack of voiced dialogue, you should definitely check out Downfall, Michalski’s first game. It is quite similar in tone but perhaps less “tight” as a storytelling effort.

No good deed goes unpunished

Joined 2013-03-27

PM

maladroid - 27 March 2013 10:38 PM

If you don’t mind the lack of voiced dialogue, you should definitely check out Downfall, Michalski’s first game. It is quite similar in tone but perhaps less “tight” as a storytelling effort.

I’ll take a look at it,but i think the voice dialogues is what got me hooked Frown

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Let’s see… you want something like the Cat Lady… horror, awesome story, no shooting, no action, no jump scares, hardly any puzzles but not a movie either, definitely voices, and recent please!

You want Cat Lady 2. We can’t give you that.
And why on earth is Broken Sword on your list? It doesn’t meet your standards.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2013-03-27

PM

Fien - 27 March 2013 10:54 PM

Let’s see… you want something like the Cat Lady… horror, awesome story, no shooting, no action, no jump scares, hardly any puzzles but not a movie either, definitely voices, and recent please!

You want Cat Lady 2. We can’t give you that.
And why on earth is Broken Sword on your list?

Sorry if i made you angry for some reason.
I know i can’t have Cat lady 2,but i’m looking for something similar,or at least something with a really good story.
Broken sword is in my list because it is a good adventure game ,and i liked the story. Also ,not much action. I understand that my list is kinda of messed up.

I’ll stick to those suggestions for now. I’ll try the walking dead for the begining.

Thank you , and sorry again if i made you angry.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

dr3af - 27 March 2013 10:59 PM

Laughing

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Heh… I’m not angry. I’m just trying to point something out to you. I guess I failed.

Hint: You’re limiting your options and you may miss wonderful adventures.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Oscar - 27 March 2013 11:17 PM
dr3af - 27 March 2013 10:59 PM

Laughing

Eh…

Looking forward to:

Joined 2013-03-27

PM

Well,sorry then Fien! I tried the walking dead! It is awesome! Many dialogs and Fahrenheit style of action!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top