• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What’s left at this point? Have all your dreams come true?

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Frogacuda - 14 March 2013 08:00 PM

I shan’t engage in rumor-mongering, but no I have not given up on that possibility. Although I don’t know it for a fact to be certain, I have reasons to believe it that I can’t really talk about.

And there isn’t really a copyright “issue.” Securing the IP is more of a finance-related issue than anything.

Well, seeing as how pretty much everyone suspects MGX is GK-related, and there are plenty of interview snippets and other clues pointing toward that conclusion, I’d be curious to know what this elusive insider information is/was after the fact.

Of course, if someone didn’t want to “engage in rumor-mongering”, they wouldn’t do the whole “I know a secret but can’t tell you!” routine. And no, don’t take this as some personal challenge. I’d say the same to anyone.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Iznogood - 14 March 2013 05:46 PM

I would like to see Culpa Innata II: Chaos Rising, and Toonstruck II.

Yeah - that and the Art of Sierra book, and many sequels to all the above games would make me a very happy camper Grin

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Frogacuda - 14 March 2013 02:39 PM

Have all your dreams come true?

No.

What’s left at this point?

Blood Runner.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I would like a game like Myst, or perhaps more like Uru without the action puzzles. Basically a large 3D world (navigated by mouse only) to explore either by yourself or with friend should you choose, with puzzles like Riven had, and new add ons every few years. It would have to be a peaceful, wondrous, fantasy world with no fighting/timing/stealth challenges or the need to ‘level’ up.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 14 March 2013 06:27 PM

So what’s left for you? Are there any dream projects you’re still waiting for, or are you satisfied with what we have in the pipe?

I’m not one to go “OMG! OMG! OMG!” when developers of old make a comeback on Kickstarter (although I’m really pleased Dreamfall will finally be concluded).

I just want to see good games being made, whether that’s by the “classic” developers or by new talent. I’m happy with the way things are. And as long as good games are being made, there’s still more than enough left for me…

This. I have nothing to add to this.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I’m very happy with the promise of Dreamfall Chapters, a Neverhood sequel and Tex Fedora. I’d be even happier with another GK in the pipeline. But I’d be ecstatic if Robert Cath would travel to Jerusalem and reveal the mystery of his ring and the 13th tribe.

colpet - 15 March 2013 08:36 AM

I would like a game like Myst, or perhaps more like Uru without the action puzzles. Basically a large 3D world (navigated by mouse only) to explore either by yourself or with friend should you choose, with puzzles like Riven had, and new add ons every few years. It would have to be a peaceful, wondrous, fantasy world with no fighting/timing/stealth challenges or the need to ‘level’ up.

Xing: The Land Beyond

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1781324918/xing-the-land-beyond

Already funded. Smile

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

TimovieMan - 14 March 2013 06:27 PM

So what’s left for you? Are there any dream projects you’re still waiting for, or are you satisfied with what we have in the pipe?

I’m not one to go “OMG! OMG! OMG!” when developers of old make a comeback on Kickstarter (although I’m really pleased Dreamfall will finally be concluded).

I just want to see good games being made, whether that’s by the “classic” developers or by new talent. I’m happy with the way things are. And as long as good games are being made, there’s still more than enough left for me…

I totally agree with this.  I’m a supporter of many of the Kickstarters mentioned, but I have guarded hopes.  IMO, the fresh and innovative ideas and games are going to come from fresh blood, people like Vince Twelve and R. Michalski.  If the old guard are going to make a comeback, I’d just as soon they come back with fresh games (like Jensen with Moebius).

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-10-14

PM

Dag - 14 March 2013 06:51 PM

Toonstruck 2 is a game I’ve been longing for. To the others here that mentioned it, I assume you’ve allready signed the petition for Toonstruck 2, right? I’ve talked about this a couple times before, but it hasn’t seemed to generate any interest.

Anyway, for those not aware, Keith Arem, who currently holds the rights for Toonstruck 2, has been planning its creation, aswell as planning to release the FULL Toonstruck 1 (in case you didn’t know, the released version of the game only contains the first half, the second half was never released!) and all he needs to be able to do so, is for YOU to sign the petition. You will need a facebook account to do so, because that’s where the petition takes place. Check it out here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/140186316013394/

Toonstruck 2 would officially make my life complete.  Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Fien - 15 March 2013 09:45 AM

I’m very happy with the promise of Dreamfall Chapters, a Neverhood sequel and Tex Fedora. I’d be even happier with another GK in the pipeline. But I’d be ecstatic if Robert Cath would travel to Jerusalem and reveal the mystery of his ring and the 13th tribe.

Already funded. Smile

That looks really nice. But even better would be Ankh-Morpork in real time 3D glory! That would be awesome.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Interplay - 15 March 2013 09:57 AM

IMO, the fresh and innovative ideas and games are going to come from fresh blood, people like Vince Twelve and R. Michalski.

Plus the developers of Dear Esther, Kentucky Route Zero, The Path, To the Moon, The Sea Will Claim Everything, Kairo, Blindside, to name just a few.

PS: As much as I liked Resonance, I don’t find it very innovative. (Yeah, those short-term and long-term memories. They’re just another class of objects you can use, comparable to for instance the spells in Zork Grand Inquisitor.)

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Interplay - 15 March 2013 09:57 AM

I totally agree with this.  I’m a supporter of many of the Kickstarters mentioned, but I have guarded hopes.  IMO, the fresh and innovative ideas and games are going to come from fresh blood, people like Vince Twelve and R. Michalski.  If the old guard are going to make a comeback, I’d just as soon they come back with fresh games (like Jensen with Moebius).

I have to take the contrary angle. I feel like the genre never really went away, and we’ve always had fresh ideas from new minds, but despite that, nothing that has come close to my favorites in the genre.

I don’t think it’s pure nostalgia when I say what this genre needed desperately was accomplished, experienced writers. The industry tossed out a lot of these people as valueless, but they were what made these games so great. That’s the missing component for me.

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2013-03-13

PM

I think that, although the developers are of the old guard, the continuation of some of these old games will in fact feel very fresh and new because some of the stuff just hasn’t been done for a decade or more.
Although some will be very classical as the Double Fine Adventure (as the new Broken Sword game), many of these reiterations build on a promise for a new and fresh game design and game experience that wasn’t really fullfilled to it’s full potential . Now those guys have the change to show us how good this could be.

In my opinion, some games that fall in this category are Dreamfall Chapters, the new Tex Murphy and a new claymation adventure by the Neverhood guys. And hopefully some of the guys will surprise us with new ideas (I’m looking at you Mr. Schafer).

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

FrasierCrane - 15 March 2013 11:24 AM

In my opinion, some games that fall in this category are Dreamfall Chapters, the new Tex Murphy and a new claymation adventure by the Neverhood guys. And hopefully some of the guys will surprise us with new ideas (I’m looking at you Mr. Schafer).

Definitely Dreamfall and Tex Murphy. I don’t think the genre ever really caught up to the Tex games in terms of gameplay. We haven’t really seen other adventures that actually make real use of the third dimension, where you have to look over and under and behind stuff and it’s not just superficial. And the narrative pathing thing has never been done better than it was in Pandora Directive. It seems like after that point, the trend became to make adventure games play like their 2D counterparts even if they’re 3D, and simplify the gameplay as much as possible.

Dreamfall, too, looks like they really aren’t trying to make something that looks and feels like an old-school adventure. They want to figure out how to make adventure gameplay work with the presentation of a modern 3D game. I’m really looking forward to that. Honestly, that’s the main reason I backed. I’m not even a huge fan of that series.

I’m super excited for the new Neverhood thing, but I don’t expect it to push the envelope much in terms of gameplay, since the original never did. It’s just a unique artistic vision that I miss.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

- New non-episodic Monkey Island, joining together all previous designers, actors…

- New Journeyman Project

- The Whispered World 2 by any miracle

- New Marc Hullen game (Limbo?)

- Keepsake 2 or a new game from the same authors

- Al Emmo 2

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Fien - 15 March 2013 09:45 AM

Already funded. Smile

Thanks for the info. I’m now a supporter.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top