• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zombie Studio’s ‘DAYLIGHT’ - An Adventure-Horror Game?

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-05-13

PM

The game is first horror game to be powered by Unreal Engine 4.

In Daylight, Zombie presents a world where the player is completely alone. With no weapons and nobody to help you, you play as a woman trapped in a scary asylum and trying to find your way out. With the power of Unreal Engine 4 behind it, Daylight’s environments are randomly-generated, giving the player a completely different experience every time. - Developers interview with IGN.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/16/zombie-studios-on-daylight-reviving-horror-games

First Screens:
http://www.gamespot.com/images/6403783/daylight-screens/4

So does it sound like an adventure game? I assume (given the set up) that the game must have elements of exploration & puzzles.

Also would like to have some comments from Agustín Cordes on this game’s plot & setup.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Looks good and they certainly nailed the environment! Can’t say I’m a big fan of randomly-generated plots, though. I like well-defined stories… Still, we’ll see how this works out!

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I agree with Agustin. I can only see the power of Randomly-generated plots done properly by a studio/company that makes considerable amount of money to provide a godsend of employees. It’d had to be really deep to match the preferration (what the hell is the word I’m looking for. The act of preferring) of ‘well-defined stories’.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top