• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: A sailor’s Delight

Total Posts: 290

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

DarkEye - 27 January 2022 02:39 AM

Thank you, Lakerz! VP’s quizzes are very challenging and also very interesting at the same time.
But I’m sure you can guess something too, Lakerz? Just give it a try.

I’m quite awful at guessing screen shots (if you ever venture over to the continuous adventure game scene thread you can laugh away at my ineptitude haha) but do like these quizzes anyways.  Once each screen shot is revealed I can at least find the games I have played and try to remember the scene that was posted.  Even then I fail 50% of time which reminds me that game may need to be replayed in future

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Vegetable Party - 25 January 2022 10:19 AM

Final days! The quiz will run until the first day of Februari (a Tuesday), 22.00 CET.

All answers by PM only, one guess per pic per PM. Send as many PMs as you like!

I’m preparing something for the top 3 and a consolation prize for one other contender. The prizes will be humble, but I’ll do my best not to disappoint.

Lady Kestrel sailed off with 8 points on deck! LK managed to hoist 3 more out of the water!+5 +3 +1 +3 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
Cicerone53 glanced over the ocean blue and immediate saw 4 familiar ports! +2
TimovieMan caught some wind in his sails and took off with 9 correct answers! +8
chrissie is on the right course, 8 correct answers! chrissie had some interesting cargo, 9 points!
Jerry got on board and steered the ship in the right direction: 10 points! +2 Jerry found a secret map and accrued (+)2 previously undiscovered points. +2 +3 +3 +2 +1 +2 +1
diego navigated towards 7 points!
DarkEye had a vision and a great sense of navigation: 25 points in one expedition! +6 +1 +2 +1 +1
eddyc used the stars for navigation and discovered a treasure island of 21 points!

1. LKTmMcrsDEJryec        21. TmMcrsLKDEJryec
2. LK
crsTmMec                 22. LKDETmMec
3. LK
TmMcrsJryDEec        23. LK,TmMdgocrsJryC53DEec
4. DE
LK                           24. DELKJry
5. TmM
JryDELK                    25. LKcrsDEJryecC53
6. LK
crsJryC53                26.
7. DE
LK                           27. LKDETmMec
8. Jry
LKDE                      28. DE
9. crs
JryDEec                 29. JryDE
10. Jry
DE                         30. LKTmMdgocrsC53,  JryDEec
11. Jry
DEec                     31. LKJryDE
12. Jry                             32. LK
crsJryDE
13. LK
crsTmM                    33. JryDEecLK
14. LK
TmMcrsDEecJry       34. JryDE
15. DE
TmMec                     35. LKdgoDEJry
16. LK
TmMC53JryDEec       36. dgoLKDEJryec
17. LK
crsJrydgoDEec       37. crsdgoDE Jry
18. Jry
DEecLK                 38.
19. LK
DETmMec                 39. crsDETmMecJry
20. LK
TmMC53Jrycrsdgo,    40. LKcrsDETmM
    DE
ec 

Lady Kestrel: 28
Cicerone53: 6
TimovieMan: 17
chrissie: 17
Jerry: 28
diego: 7
DarkEye: 37 Gasp
eddyc: 21

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Final day! For some dumb reason I picked a day with two appointments and I’ll only have free time after around 21:10 (GMT+1).

Any last minute answers or contenders are still welcome!

Someone’s going to figure out 38. I sense it.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

The ship has sailed! I will check and re-check all the answers and scores, do the math and post the winners and answers tomorrow.

Thank you Lady Kestrel, Cicerone53, TimovieMan, chrissie, Jerry, diego, DarkEye and eddyc for participating!

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

First, the answers!

I’m going through every PM to check if I made any mistakes/missed any points, but I’m pretty confident the last registered scores are valid. (knock on wood)

1. Destination:Treasure Island
2. The Island of Lost Hope
3. Maupiti Island
4. Orb Quest
5. Kathy Rain
6. Beyond time
7. Hexuma: Das Auge des Kal
8. Shadow of Comet
9. Apocalipsis
10. Angelo and Deemon: One Hell of a Quest
11. Gold Rush
12. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
13. Lighthouse: The Dark Being
14. Jazz And Faust
15. Le Mystere De Kikekankoi
16. King’s Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder!
17. What Makes You Tick: A Stitch In Time
18. Return of the Phantom
19. My Father My Son
20. Fables & Fiends: Hand of Fate
21. Lumino City
22. The Manhole: CD-ROM Masterpiece Edition
23. Fable
24. Lone Eagle
25.Inherit the Earth
26. Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds
27. Museum: Volume II
28. Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer
29. Sherlock Holmes in “Another Bow”
30. Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide
31. Conquests of the Longbow
32. Scott Adams’ Graphic Adventure #2: Pirate Adventure
33. Chook & Sosig: Walk the Plank
34. Black Island
35. Dead Reefs
36. Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
37. Broken Sword 2
38. Keepsake
39. The Mystery of the Nautilus
40. SPQR: The Empire’s Darkest Hour

Total Posts: 1671

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thanks for the quiz, VP! I’ve really enjoyed! It’s great that you included some Amstrad CPC games also! Thumbs Up
I was really trying to get over #26 but failed miserably. I should probably guess #12 but….
Good job, Lady Kestrel & Jerry!

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

Congratulations DarkEye! Incredible score!

Also congrats Lady Kestrel! Try as I might, I did not manage to surpass your score Smile

I have a question, though: can anybody tell me which game #4 is? Above, it says “Orb Quest”, but if I look on the internet, I can’t find anything about it (only a board game)…

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Gladly: it’s this little gem: https://cpcrulez.fr/GamesTest/orb_quest.htm

Thanks for playing, your participation is always appreciated.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great quiz, that was a lot of fun!!! And you also managed to include plenty of games that did not feature in the previous quiz with the similar theme by kate me!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1671

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Also here, Jerry: Orb Quest

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Thanks for the quiz, VP!

Congrats to DarkEye for another crazy score, and to Jerry and Lady K for the shared silver!

I *really* should’ve gotten Indy, as well as Broken Sword 2. I played Freddi Fish just last summer with the kids, but there’s no way I would’ve gotten it… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I think it checks out! I’m sending a PM top the top 3 and one other participant.

Freddi Fish turned out to be pretty much impossible to identify. The size, rather generic colour and no other identifiers.. you would need the ants of King Anthony.

Total Posts: 5607

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you for the excellent quiz, VP!  It was a fun challenge.

Kudos to DarkEye for finding so many, and to Jerry for keeping me on my toes.

I spent some time looking for Orb Quest.  I usually check Moby for the games on early systems but had no luck there.  Since I didn’t come across many Armstrad CPC games and knew nothing about the system, I did a search and found the CPC Power website.  There were tons of games to look at, but I finally found it.  Of course, that meant I missed some of the more familiar ones.  (I’m looking at you, Touche!)

I still can’t figure out where in the game the Keepsake screenshot (#38) appears, unless it comes from a different game with the same name.  Also, who is the character in Indy & the Last Crusade (#12)?  Is it from the graphic adventure or the action one?

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

The ship is in a bottle, on Nathaniel’s desk. “Whooah! What’s going on?” “We’re in the bottle, Lydia!” Smile

The character is an extra, perhaps a local? This gondola is part of the scenery. In the foreground, Indy meets a fellow academic and visits a library.

Total Posts: 5607

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That’s funny because I remember the bottle but not that shape of the ship.  It makes sense, though, because it has dragon wings.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top