• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite adventure game ending ever?

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Would have to be Syberia 2 - Syberia was a better game, but Syberia 2 wrapped up everything with a very emotional twist and beautiful environments those last 10 minutes - and Still Life. Yes I’m actually one of the few who liked not knowing who the killer was, and the non-resolution the game ended with. One of the ending that definitely affected me the most.

I also have a big place in my heart for TLJ. The first adventure I played and the first non-book story that really got me involved and crying at the end.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2009-06-23

PM

Agree with the uploader and others in saying Syberia (specifically Syberia 2). Conjured up feelings of adventure I only ever got from the likes of Verne and Daniel Defoe.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Those of you saying the ending of Syberia 2 was “complete” are totally wrong - I passed comment on this on the old forum.

Kate has no food, no transport, stuck on an island no-one else believes exists. How the hell is she going to get home? If the ending had been set as per one of the choices in J.U.L.I.A. then maybe but would she ever opt for something like that? Very, very doubtful.

There’s a whole game waiting there just to get her home again.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I just finished I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream, and I was surprised by the fact that I found the bad ending (especially Nimrod’s monologue) much more fitting and strong emotionally than the good ending. Thus, I started wandering, which other games do you people think that actually do have a really memorable bad ending (memorable/good in terms of quality, bad in terms of the protagonist’s fate, the world,etc)?

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Sefir - 26 January 2013 09:27 AM

Thus, I started wandering, which other games do you people think that actually do have a really memorable bad ending?

I was thinking of starting a thread specifically for this. The all time worst ending of a game for me (and I’ve said it before) is Noctropolis. Much under-rated game, could well do with a reworking, but the ending is absolutely awful. If that had been a book any editor worthy of the name (even a rank beginner) would send the draft back to the author with the words “think again! We’d never publish that.”

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-01-27

PM

The Longest Journey.  Of all the hundreds of games I’ve played, that one stands out for me, because it made me cry…simply because the game was over.  I never, never wanted it to end.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’ve most likely gushed about this in a previous thread but the ending to Ace Attorney: Justice for All is extremly satisfying. The mood of that final case shifts dramatically several times from some downright terrifying moments to some moving final scenes all while sustaining a light-hearted tone. Such a great game.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

thejobloshow - 27 January 2013 04:13 AM

I’ve most likely gushed about this in a previous thread but the ending to Ace Attorney: Justice for All is extremly satisfying. The mood of that final case shifts dramatically several times from some downright terrifying moments to some moving final scenes all while sustaining a light-hearted tone. Such a great game.

And then to say that both the first and third Phoenix Wright games were even better... Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 26 January 2013 09:27 AM

Thus, I started wandering, which other games do you people think that actually do have a really memorable bad ending (memorable/good in terms of quality, bad in terms of the protagonist’s fate, the world,etc)?

I thought you were talking about “bad” in terms of quality. Tongue I guess there aren’t many bad (in terms of protagonist’s fate) endings that could be fulfilling just as the “good” ones, but that actually sounds like a good concept and I’d like to try those games.

Anyway, I’ve just posted this in another thread - I don’t know if it’s bad, “bad”, the worst or the best ending Grin but if you haven’t seen Limbo of the Lost ending you ain’t seen nothing. Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That ending is a hoot, Diego!

I loved the near-ending of Starship Titanic when Titania sits up and apologizes for the parrot.  After all the hassle with that bird, it made me laugh out loud.

Obsidian had a choice of a good or a bad ending.  The “bad” one was much more spectacular visually than the good, but both were thought provoking.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

thejobloshow - 27 January 2013 04:13 AM

It’s probably the best case in the original trilogy. The very last case in Trials and Tribulations is great too.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-02-14

PM

For me hands down it was Syberia.  I love TLJ but the ending for me wasn’t as good as the rest of the game.

The most recent would be The Walking Dead for me.  Wonderful ending.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Prodigal‘s ending made my jaw hit the floor. It’s worth getting through the game just to see it unfold. The less said about it the better, because you really should go into it without any expectations.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Having recently finished TWW I can see why so many of you found it memorable. Add me to that list as well.

I’ve also just finished replaying Keepsake and I was surprised that I had forgotten that particular ending. I think it must have been the incessant running around within the game that overwote all other memories of the game.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-02-14

PM

I never played TWW because A) most all reviews I’ve read say the main characters voice grates on you and B) that it was a mediocre game.  It’s a game that has always intrigued me though.  Knowing others find the ending good I may have to pick this up.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top