• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

999 endings (spoilers)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great review!

TimovieMan - 02 April 2013 06:42 AM

Next up: the sequel! Smile
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
The one I bought a 3DS for… Crazy

Prepare to be mind blown x 1000000 Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 02 April 2013 10:38 AM

Great review!

Thanks!

Prepare to be mind blown x 1000000 Smile

I hope so.
It’s a good thing that they introduced the flowchart so you don’t need to replay entire sections of the game like in 999.
I’m loving it so far. It’s got even more text than 999, I think, but this time it’s mostly voiced…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 02 April 2013 12:07 PM

It’s a good thing that they introduced the flowchart so you don’t need to replay entire sections of the game like in 999.
I’m loving it so far. It’s got even more text than 999, I think, but this time it’s mostly voiced…

Yes, the gameplay improvements are great, the voices are also a nice touch. Does the 3DS version have the japanese or english voices? I played the Vita version (I prefer the system) and at least the european version only has the original japanese voices, but I’ve read somewhere there is an english dub, I think.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The US 3DS version has both Japanese and English voices. Not sure about the European version.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 02 April 2013 12:51 PM

Yes, the gameplay improvements are great, the voices are also a nice touch. Does the 3DS version have the japanese or english voices? I played the Vita version (I prefer the system) and at least the european version only has the original japanese voices, but I’ve read somewhere there is an english dub, I think.

As I understand it, the American version has both the Japanese and English voices, with English text, while the European version only has the Japanese voices and the English text.

Not that it matters, if I’d been given a choice, I’d play it with Japanese voices anyway…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Weird that they didn’t use an already done english dub for Europe, but you’re right, it wouldn’t matter, I think I would still use the original.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 02 April 2013 01:30 PM

Weird that they didn’t use an already done english dub for Europe, but you’re right, it wouldn’t matter, I think I would still use the original.

I have to admit that it sometimes feels a bit weird, though.

Your character isn’t voiced, so you only get English text, and a lot of descriptions (especially during escapes) aren’t voiced either. After a bout of nothing but English text, suddenly hearing Japanese is… well, weird. Tongue

Not that it matters, though, the Japanese fits more with the graphical style. And it’s hilarious when they speak a few words of Engrish. Grin

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This game for me was amazing. I’ve played out four endings so far. I will get the rest as well.

I played the Vita version (I prefer the system)

If you prefer the VITA - the adventure game “Tearaway” is coming out for it later this year. The gaming stores are actually talking about this game as a huge hit (and it’s an adventure game!).

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mikekelly - 02 April 2013 11:28 PM

I played the Vita version (I prefer the system)

If you prefer the VITA - the adventure game “Tearaway” is coming out for it later this year. The gaming stores are actually talking about this game as a huge hit (and it’s an adventure game!).

Yes, Tearaway looks very good, and from Media Molecule! And a new game and franchise on the Vita is always welcome.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top