• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Room

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

I wanted to let people know about a great little game on the iPad called The Room.  I had picked it up a while back when I read about it on Kotaku, but I never got around to playing it until I was sitting around here at the in-laws for Thanksgiving.  The game is a puzzle game (though it would probably fit into what AG calls an adventure game).  It involves you entering a room to discover a very elaborate puzzle box.  The entire game consists of you trying to open this box.  You end up discovering hidden mechanisms and compartments, etc., that open up other puzzles on the box, etc.  If you look at the screenshots you’ll probably get a pretty good idea for how it works.  (For some reason, I’m always reminded of a much larger version of the puzzle box in Hellraiser).  When you open the first box, you discover another smaller puzzle box inside and thus the game continues.  There is also a mysterious story that accompanies the game which you discover through the placement of hidden notes within the box.  My only complaint would be that the game is too short.  But it has beautiful graphics and the puzzles are very entertaining and challenging at times.

I’ll place the link here.  It appears that the game is still temporarily on sale for $1.99 right now.  I wanted to highlight the game because I’m sure people around here would love it.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Here’s some video:

It looks like a fun challenge.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

All these neat puzzle games are finally available, but not on computer. I don’t have a cell phone, never mind a tablet thingy.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Colpet, if you’re looking for a nice PC puzzle game, I recommend Unmechanical. Physics puzzles, among others, and keyboard-controlled (I seem to remember you don’t like that?), but I’m having great fun with it. No story to speak of, no conversations.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Fien - 22 November 2012 09:55 AM

Colpet, if you’re looking for a nice PC puzzle game, I recommend Unmechanical. Physics puzzles, among others, and keyboard-controlled (I seem to remember you don’t like that?), but I’m having great fun with it. No story to speak of, no conversations.

Thanks for the recommendation Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

My dad played it on the ipad and really liked it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Oh and I thought you were talking about:

Grin Grin Grin

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

It looks the The Room will be getting a sequel.  Good news; the first game was great.  There will also be a free expansion for the first game coming out to bridge the two games.

http://kotaku.com/5985266/the-room-apples-ipad-game-of-the-year-is-getting-a-sequel

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Didn’t know there was a discussion for this game. Excellent game. Not to long ago read up on TouchArcade about the above Sequel and Expansion. I really can’t wait. Such an excellent and interactive 3D puzzle game…..very horror/lovecraftian too. Grin

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Well, I got an iPad. I bought it mostly to play games, so the first game I got was The Room. I haven’t enjoyed a game this much since Rhem 4. I love the 3D aspect of the graphics and the ability to manipulate the object. I’m pleased to hear there will be a sequel.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top