• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A lot of new names

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Usually when I visit this forum (first thing in the morning) I’m the only person logged in, but not today:

As any regular can see these are unfamiliar monickers, probably all of them joined in last couple of days (at least those few I’ve check did).
It’s fishy, isn’t it?

Edit (a few minutes later):

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I think that they’re done by someone(s) who were kicked off the site and are intent on taking revenge. It’s been going on for quite some time and is clearly the work of someone who needs serious psychological help. If you read the bios you’ll see that they’ve been cobbled together by a script although more recent ones have been using genuine company website details which, I would think, is a criminal offence, It would need those companies to take action though as there’s no grounds for CaliMonk to do so.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Yeah, just the usual spam bots.

We get a lot of them every day, but it’s seldom that they get to actually post anything beyond their bio.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

They tend to come in waves.  We’ll have days with relatively few, and then get hit with 8 to 10 in a half hour.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Here’s more new bots names:

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

No need to keep posting about them. Screencaptures don’t really help.

All of those above registered three weeks ago, and their accounts are already banned. (A ban doesn’t stop them logging in, they just can’t do anything).

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Dale - 05 August 2023 05:38 AM

A ban doesn’t stop them logging in

This forum software is worse than I thought.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Oh, it’s terrible. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top