• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: The Space Bar

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I agree, the panning on modern machines is terrible. Something I only found out after the incredibly stupid font problem in the Deven7 emp-tel, when I had to switch to my Win7 computer. I would not be able to do the Click emp-tel. It was perfectly doable on my ancient Win98 machine, however.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I’m pretty sure the speed of your CPU only affects how fast the screen pans. You don’t need quick reflexes to escape the policeman. He only moves once each tick (that is, as soon as you make a move, he makes one). So the key to escaping him is carefully planning it in advance and taking the exact correct steps.

This was the puzzle that made me quit the very first time I played the Space Bar, because it seemed you needed to be impossibly fast. But *nothing* in the game is real-time, it just seems that way sometimes (there’s the same issue when you’re chasing the egg during the Zzazzl flashback). Unless there’s a bug that can make the policeman move twice in a tick (or something) if your computer is too fast?

About the playthrough in general. I haven’t touched the game in a month or two. I wasn’t sure if I should start Cilia’s flashback, so I figured I’d rather wait for people to catch up so we could play it together.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

harald - 01 November 2012 07:02 AM

But *nothing* in the game is real-time, it just seems that way sometimes (there’s the same issue when you’re chasing the egg during the Zzazzl flashback).

Most of the events and stuff to do are turn-based in the game, but not everything. For instance, if you don’t do anything the egg will float by just the same or crush you on the tracks. You can watch its movements on the map.

About the playthrough in general. I haven’t touched the game in a month or two. I wasn’t sure if I should start Cilia’s flashback, so I figured I’d rather wait for people to catch up so we could play it together.

Well, after a while I stopped asking if people were still playing. I figured nobody was interested anymore. I posted the correct order to do the emp-tells a while ago. Correct, as in my opinion. Smile Nobody has discussed the things to do in the bar yet, although they are very important.

EDIT: I went back and checked… Harald is right about the egg, once again Alzheimer Lite struck again. Bad Fien!

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2998

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I am still interested!! Frown

I have just finished Deven’s Emp-Tel and wait for everyone else to start Cilia’s (I have finished it before Deven’s)...

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Sefir, have you done anything in the bar yet?

Looking forward to:

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Well, I have unlocked the room in the Kitchen with Soldier’s Key and took the noseplugs. I also took Click’s Stuff from his locker and told to Cilia the name she needed so that she can keep her eyes open. I still haven’t used the other information I took from the emp-tels (Fleebix’s coordinates and Seedrot’s favourite page). I also took a high-frequency Jammer from Deven. Last time I checked, was around 19:48 I think… Of course I also did a lot of investigation with the numerous aliens in the bar Smile and I know that the bettaker robot will be the next emp-tel target.

I hope everything is still alright and I will not be murdered soon!! Confused

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

You have to get into action after you’ve explored the new bar that opens around 19:50. It’s not easy, so yes, expect to be killed. Smile Fun!

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

OK, it’s 19:42 in my game, and I’ve just started the Deven-7 emp-tel.
I’ve done quite a lot of things in the bar already, so I guess I’m up to speed on just about everything that doesn’t have to do with the Lily Pad Lounge (or whatever it’s called).

My worry, though, is the following: I haven’t caught Cilia on a break yet, so I’ve yet to do her emp-tel.
Since I have no idea whatsoever about when exactly she’ll go on a break, and since you’ve made it quite obvious that her emp-tel is going to be important, naturally, I’m starting to get worried about my remaining ticks…

It’s quite possible her break came while I was messing about in the kitchen area, but I’d hate to have to replay an entire section *yet again* (all the constant saving-restoring to keep my tick-count economical is severely annoying)...

Any reassurance?  Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Just as I was about to give you specific instructions about how to pass the policeman in Click’s Emp-Tel, with a map, specific information about the vines, trapping the policeman between two positions and where to click quickly. Glad you finally made it though.

As I mentioned on my previous posts, Cilia’s break is exactly at 19:30. I’m not sure how much her break lasts (I’ll check it later), but if she is on stage singing at your time, then you missed her.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Celia is supposed to be available around 19:30, as I wrote on 24 August. I had a problem catching her after the Deven-7 emp-tel, so if you need reassurance you’ll have to get it from someone else I’m afraid.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Cilia’s break ends exactly at 19:52.
However. Sometimes, to actually see her get down of the stage at 19:30, it is required to actually stand in front ofthe scene at 19:29 and click wait. Other times, she got down automatically. At least, that’s what happened to me. TimovieMan, you should get out of Deven’s Emp-Tel and check if Cila is down of the stage and available for her Emp-Tel. If not, try to stand in front of her and “wait”. And of course, all these must be done before 19:52. If everything is all right, then you can continue to do whatever you were doing (Deven’s Emp-Tel), or do Cilia’s (I suggest the latter). Otherwise, I’m afraid you will have to load to a time position were you can be in front of stage at 19:29.

I’m starting to thing of all these difficulties as “an adventure within the adventure”. It bothered me at first, but now, strangely enough, I’m enjoying them! Smile

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Perhaps now that TimovieMan is close to the Cilia’s Emp-Tel and Lady K told us that she will be available in November (diego, where are you?? Are you still with us??), it is finally time to move on to Cilia’s Emp-Tel for the next two weeks. A rather difficult Emp-Tel in a couple occasions in my opinion…

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 05 November 2012 06:51 AM

Just as I was about to give you specific instructions about how to pass the policeman in Click’s Emp-Tel. Glad you finally made it.

Yeah. Getting past them once (probably by a double-click accident) made me miss the fact that there was actually a vine-puzzle in it as well. Silly me. Shifty Eyed

Sefir - 05 November 2012 06:51 AM

As I mentioned on my previous posts, Cilia’s break is exactly at 19:30. I’m not sure how much her break lasts (I’ll check it later), but if she is on stage singing at your time, then you missed her.

If it’s exactly 19:30 then I won’t have to replay all that much (12 ticks is very little in this game, and I have save-games up the wazoo). Will need to think on what I did last, so I don’t forget anything, though… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m in luck: my previous saved game was a mere 4 ticks before my Deven-7 emp-tel. The only difference was waiting one tick to watch Deven-7 arrive, and then spend three ticks to go to him and start his emp-tel.
But that’s not the good part.
The good part is that simply restoring that saved game starts by watching Cilia go on her break! Smile

What she didn’t do while I was playing the game, she does when I restore a saved game. Thumbs Up

That also means that I’ll have done both Cilia’s and Deven-7’s emp-tels before the new lounge part of the bar opens! Grin

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Sefir - 05 November 2012 07:19 AM

Perhaps now that TimovieMan is close to the Cilia’s Emp-Tel and Lady K told us that she will be available in November

I read at JA that Lady Kestrel lives on the east coast and has no power at the moment, thanks to Sandy.

Are you officially taking over, Sefir? Fine with me, just asking.

Looking forward to:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top