• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeGabrielLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Please help me solve this seemingly impossible puzzle in Gabriel Knight

Total Posts: 410

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

I’ve been doing a livestream let’s play of the first Gabriel Knight game for the past couple of months and I’ve hit a metaphorical brick wall.  I’m on Day 7 and I need to access the Gedde tomb.  I’ve tried everything and all of the walkthroughs say to simply “operate the button” but it doesn’t work! The narrator tells me that the access panel needs a key and the only key I have in my inventory is the key which Mosley provided me in order to access his office, which I’ve already used and which does not work on the Gedde Tomb.  Please help me to solve this puzzle.  What am I missing?  I’ve looked at various walkthroughs and none are a help.  I spent an hour on my last let’s play just shouting and swearing, which whilst may be mildly entertaining for viewers of my let’s play, isn’t exactly constructive.  It’s frustrating.  Please help me to solve this problem.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Is this the original or the remake? I need to find my brain helmet.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I played the original a long time ago. I thought it was both really bad and fascinating. I know that’s a contrarian view around these parts. I was 100% team Dr. John.

From what I remember of this scene, once you’ve got the coded messages out of the way, there should be a button on the tomb, behind a panel. I think the panel is up once you need to get in there. You need to have a flashlight with you.

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

Thanks for the advice.  Turns out that I’d failed to fully exhaust all of the dialogue options with Wolfgang Ritter on the phone.  I did so and now the panel on the Gedde tomb is open.  I’ll have to replay that section for my next livestream, but at least I know what to do now.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

oh wow.. that’s such an adventure game thing to do.

Which platform do you use for your livestream?

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

Vegetable Party - 16 December 2021 05:30 PM

oh wow.. that’s such an adventure game thing to do.

Which platform do you use for your livestream?

OBS, via a streaming site which I and a few others run.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top