• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Thimbleweed Park—Maniac Mansion style game from Ron Gilbert & Gary Winnick

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Now that VO’s are in the box, despite not being too happy about the graphical style, this is one of the adventures I’m looking forward to the most on the hype-o-meter. Gilbert still seems to be very much in touch with his witty and sarcastic self from the early nineties, and it’s evident in just about everything he writes. Along with the promise of challenging puzzles (Gilbert being one of my favourite puzzle designers of all time), I’m feeling condifent Thimbleweed Park is gonna be a blast.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

There’s actually pretty big boost going on at the moment after they finally told what will be in the box. They are already over 544k, si they might be closer to 600k when the final notice is sent out. I’d say they still might have a shot to get at least 700k.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The kickstarter is over, and the game is funded at $626,250, which means they also made the iOs/Android stretch goal. Really looking forward to another proper Ron Gilbert adventure! And what will he do next? Grin

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

That was pretty impeccably done by Mr. Gilbert and Mr. Winnick.

They seemed to have nailed exactly how much support there was for the game and worked out the stretch goals to the almost exact dollar.

From beginning to end, that was a pretty smoothly run campaign all in all. Kudos to the fellas.

But good luck to them with the rewards. Seems to be where all the trouble is with these things. Will take some work.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yeah, this was pretty well thought of KS run. They pretty much got all the funding they asked for. I’m looking forward for the development blog as well.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

They just announced that they’ve got Mark Ferrari (Loom, Monkey Island) on board doing the final version of the backgrounds, and that the art style will shift a bit towards those later LEC games.

I think this will go a long way to make the graphics palatable to a wider audience. They posted a test screen on the blog, and it already looks much prettier. Now if they just upgrade the character art to match…

In any case, the development seems to be going very well so far.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Did he just say that he wouldn`t want to do a game like Thimbleweed Park ?!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

after a brisk nap - 01 June 2015 02:31 PM

They just announced that they’ve got Mark Ferrari (Loom, Monkey Island) on board doing the final version of the backgrounds, and that the art style will shift a bit towards those later LEC games.

I think this will go a long way to make the graphics palatable to a wider audience. They posted a test screen on the blog, and it already looks much prettier. Now if they just upgrade the character art to match…

In any case, the development seems to be going very well so far.

Awesome sauce, only upcoming game that seems to get what makes true traditional PnC game. Heart

And that Puzzle dependency chart :o

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Much nicer art style!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Backgrounds look much better. Now I hope they give the same graphics upgrade to the characters.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Ferrari is is among the best pixel artists around, so I’ll approve.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mr Underhill - 23 December 2015 12:05 PM

18 minutes of Thimbleweed Park gameplay! Hitting plaaay…now.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/12/22/18-minutes-of-thimbleweed-park-ign-first

Now this is what i call legit PnC.
They nailed the pixel art, and loving the city locations, feel expansive.
With added voices and music , this gonna be classic.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I can`t wait to play this, looks so gorgeous. Ron is still the king!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2015-12-13

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top