• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyLady KestrelNico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

TimovieMan - 29 November 2014 07:07 PM

Welcome to the club, I’d say! Thumbs Up

I know, right? Tongue We did have a “registered relationship” thing going on (or, rather, we do) which is almost the same as marriage but obviously “almost” is not the same as the thing itself.

It’s good, too, since we’ve been having some rather regressive parties popular, recently. And although the worst one has luckily recently been in decline a bit, there’s the “Center” party, which is now the most popular one - and it’s a pretty rigid option as well.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Welcome to the club indeed UP!

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

UPtimist - 29 November 2014 06:14 PM

I thought it’s worth a mention, Finland is very close to having marriage open to same-sex couples Smile There will still need to be a second vote later, but yesterday the parliament voted in support of it. So yay Grin

Great news, one at the time. Is Finland considering Nato membership? What’s up with that?

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Not as far as I know, no.

I mean, I guess there’s always general discussion about it (like there’s discussion about anything) but the public and political opinion (as well as the official stance (except within the current prime minister’s party, but they’ve only got about 20 % of the votes)) seems to be mainly against NATO membership.

Why do you ask?

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

I was just wondering, with all the “Russians are coming” panic.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Right, right. Well, as it happens, there was a little piece about a new poll regarding this yesterday. The number of people who supported NATO membership in it has risen a bit, it’s now about 30%.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I don’t know why this made me laugh so much really, but check this out for a series of funny responses to a scam e-mailer from a UK legal news & gossip website. Even lawyers can be funny sometimes. Wink

http://www.rollonfriday.com/Blogs/ReadBlog/tabid/144/id/31857/Default.aspx

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nickherc - 04 December 2014 01:51 AM

I was just wondering, with all the “Russians are coming” panic.

If the Russians really are coming, then that means they waited until Simo Häyhä died, and then they waited more than an extra decade “just in case”... Tongue

Intense Degree - 04 December 2014 05:49 AM

I don’t know why this made me laugh so much really, but check this out for a series of funny responses to a scam e-mailer from a UK legal news & gossip website. Even lawyers can be funny sometimes. Wink

http://www.rollonfriday.com/Blogs/ReadBlog/tabid/144/id/31857/Default.aspx

He’s not the first to have done this. There’s an entire community of scam-baiters. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

How on Earth did you know about Simo Häyhä? Tongue Even I had to look him up…

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Oh yeah, the Winter War. Finland was amazing at fighting back the Soviets. Darth Vader would say: “Impressive. Most Impressive.” Soviet Union, with all the tech it had, should have conquered Finland without any bother. It was a big shock, that they lost so many men and tech.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

UPtimist - 05 December 2014 02:43 AM

How on Earth did you know about Simo Häyhä? Tongue Even I had to look him up…

That surprises me, I thought he would be legendary in Finland. I thought he’d be as famous as for instance The Red Baron was…
Maybe he’s more famous in Russia?

And how did I know about him? I’m a geek who lives on the internet and feeds off memes and tropes. That tends to give one lots of knowledge he’ll never need in life… Crazy

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

LOL, maybe you should do Pub Quizzes what with all of that knowledge?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d actually quite enjoy that, and I have a pretty good general knowledge as well (obviously excelling at movies, and mostly lacking in art knowledge).
There’s actually a pretty large quiz community in Belgium. Sadly it’s mostly concentrated in the Ghent and Antwerp areas and not so much locally where I live.
But on the other hand, I lack the time to dedicate to this anyway… Meh

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Anybody want to help me enter a raffle? Smile I need to identify ten Playstation characters (in these silhouette-type pictures), and I’ve gotten eight so far but these two I just can’t find. Anyone know?
(see attachment)

(Edit): #10 is done (thanks to another forum Wink I could’ve never figured it out on my own), still need to figure out the first one!

Image Attachments

nimetön.png

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I wonder if 4 is Spike from Ape Escape, his hair is a bit like that.

Spike

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top