• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

nomadsoul - 23 October 2014 02:02 AM

About the baby though, his/her hair is yellow, April is not blonde.
But the birth scene was immediately after April’s Funeral to sync up with Reborn
theme, maybe different body and different time in future we will play him/her.
And this arc will be loosely explained untill fullfledged April’s TLG 2D game???

Actually, as someone pointed out in the RTG forum, where this is also being heavily discussed, April was actually blonde as a child!
Also a screenshot by screenshot comparison between the ghost and the White Dragon in Dreamfall, pretty clearly shows that the ghost at least looks a lot like the White Dragon, add on top of that some of the things the white said in Dreamfall, then I believe it is pretty clear that Saga is April reborn in some way. But whether she is actually April as a child before she was adopted, or a form of reincarnation of April, that is an open question.

Another question is of course whether or not Queenie is actually Cortez in a new form?

As I said earlier, this game makes my brain hurt Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Iznogood - 23 October 2014 03:00 AM

Its all fine, as long as it doesn’t become MGS.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 23 October 2014 02:02 AM

About the baby though, his/her hair is yellow, April is not blonde.
But the birth scene was immediately after April’s Funeral to sync up with Reborn
theme, maybe different body and different time in future we will play him/her.
And this arc will be loosely explained untill fullfledged April’s TLG 2D game???

Actually, as someone pointed out in the RTG forum, where this is also being heavily discussed, April was actually blonde as a child!
Also a screenshot by screenshot comparison between the ghost and the White Dragon in Dreamfall, pretty clearly shows that the ghost at least looks a lot like the White Dragon, add on top of that some of the things the white said in Dreamfall, then I believe it is pretty clear that Saga is April reborn in some way. But whether she is actually April as a child before she was adopted, or a form of reincarnation of April, that is an open question.

Another question is of course whether or not Queenie is actually Cortez in a new form?

Ah, good options, I can see how Saga could be April reborn. Also I didn’t remember April was adopted. Saga parents were clearly on the wrong track “Here, let me open that door for you to go into the room with the lit fireplace” Smile

The reborn theme fits well into all characters, Zoe is trying to change and the whole politics theme fits into that change and her finding a new place in the world. Kian storu was not very devoloped but he was accepting death and suddenly he has a chance to search for a new meaning for him

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 23 October 2014 03:19 AM

Its all fine, as long as it doesn’t become MGS.

Shitbot runs on nanomachines!! Smile

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Does anbody know when the recap of the story will be added?

I understand they couldn’t add it to the first launch, but I really don’t want to start playing this game without the recap.

It’s been 6 or 7 years since I played Dreamfall and even when I played it, it was a pretty vague ending with lots of unaddressed topics.

To would help to get a concise recap of the story sofar before jumping in again. (by now I know how Ragnar builds up his stories and you don’t want to miss key story elements at this stage, because he will anyway create several more cliffhangers over the season ;-))

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t think there’s a date yet, probably won’t take too long but a recap is definitely needed for people that don’t want to replay or never played the other games.

Early in the game Zoe does a recap of what happened to her but it’s not enough for the other stuff.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

@subbi
I heard there is story compilation on youtube, there must be. Best bet.

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Probably yes, I must check it out.

Ideally, the best bet is that the recap comes from Red Thread Games, rather than from fans. There are quite a few story holes here and there and fans might color them in at their own leisure, drawing conclusions that may or may not be accurate.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if the recap is added in a couple of weeks now that they’re gotten the first release out. Though I guess at this moment optimization and bug fixes are priority.

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

That’s perfectly understandable….I’ll hold off for the next couple of weeks until the recap gets added. For the moment I’m still right in the middle of GK 20th anniversary edition which I’m thoroughly enjoying.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The game is freakin` awesome, but the performance is terrible, to the point where it almost makes me dizzy. Changing graphics settings doesn’t help the frame rate in any way. Got a pretty decent rig with updated drivers, so I doubt the problem is on my end, and several others seem to be having the same issue. Now I regret not waiting for the Playstation release Confused

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Latest official post I saw from RTG said, that they’re on optimizing and bugfixing just now.

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

What puzzles me is the amount of visual settings ;-)

I was under the impression that all these tech settings were a nasty effect of how late 90’s 3D games had to work and tweaked in order to get optimal result accross a wide range of graphic card and technologies.

Then, in my opinion, we entered in an era where settings were kept as basic as possible for the casual user….by my understanding a result that the games were able to apply certain settings based on what it can read from your system. Also I thought that the range of graphic card and technologies involved was much more streamlined.

Now, we have dreamfall with a large range of settings….and honestly, it does not serve any purpose for a non-technical user. I don’t even know what some of them mean, so why would I have to try out several of them in the hopes it increases performance or visual quality?

Can’t the game read my hardware configuration and come with a typical settings default based on that?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

As far I know Unity engine can’t set itself that way, Unreal engine can do that, but when Chapters was beginning the developmetn Unity was the cheaper choicse. Had they started the development now, I think they might have gone Unreal egine.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Yeah, Unreal 4 is going to seriously undercut Unity going forward, but that wasn’t the case at the time.

The settings are fairly simple, though. The only one that might confuse people is SSAO, which refers to Ambient Occlusion, a lighting effect that simulates the sorts of soft, ambient, inderect shadowing you see in a naturally lit scene. It’s a fairly taxing effect, so that’s why they made it separate, I’d guess.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top