• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Forbes Magazine Ranks The Top 15 Adventure Games

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Karlok - 30 May 2024 08:09 PM

Beats me why a “game designer with over 15 years worth of game credits and industry experience” would order AI to produce a list. What’s the point?

I have no idea. I could be wrong. But sure did strike me as weird too.

Total Posts: 686

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

From what I can find he is a tabletop RPG game designer not a computer game designer. 15 years of that doesn’t equate to knowing diddly squat about adventure games.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2023-10-23

PM

zane - 30 May 2024 01:28 PM

Yeah, well thats the thing about AI, it cobbles together things that make it flow like a normal article but lacks context and overall substance.

You’re right, and that convoluted paragraph doesn’t help. So I guess it is an AI list.

Beats me why a “game designer with over 15 years worth of game credits and industry experience” would order AI to produce a list. What’s the point?

Well, I don’t know about that Forbes article or its author, but a number of media outlets subcontract out for listicles, et cetera with the sole aim of hoovering up search engine traffic. These ‘articles’ sometimes even include a fake author profile. The goal is getting incidental eyeballs on ads and not providing a decent or informative read.

Like I said, I’m not saying this is the case with the OP, but it is definitely a thing and speaks to a prevalent mindset among media organizations.

Let me dream if I want to.

Total Posts: 5055

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Yeah, well thats the thing about AI, it cobbles together things that make it flow like a normal article but lacks context and overall substance.

You’re right, and that convoluted paragraph doesn’t help. So I guess it is an AI list.

This isn’t the only place it is happening. There is a series of Facebook posts by someone/something purporting to be a discographer of Eagles music. It’s well written but, unfortunately, factually wrong. It writes that a song as sung magnificently by Glen Frey ... except it was actually sung by Timothy B. Schmidt. A song credited to Don Henley was actually written by Frey. And the list goes on and on. It’s obviously AI. But why? Unless the intent is to capture the names of the people who are criticizing the post for other, un-named ulterior motive.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 14 June 2024 09:12 PM

But why?

Laziness.

Instead of doing the work, have the AI do it. And don’t bother checking anything, because who cares?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top