• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Why the lack of posts?

Total Posts: 7486

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

cozyhome - 24 April 2022 05:50 AM

The forum always log me out after some time even though I selected the option to auto login in future visit. It’s annoying and discouraging me to come back to post.

Same here. This problem was discussed in the feedback forum some time ago and Calimonk looked into it. Things improved but the problem was not resolved.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

The whole forum could go for an update, honestly. It doesn’t have a lot of the features of other forums I go to like image resizing, media embeds for sites like Steam, etc.

Not sure if it’s a big impact on how many people post, but it would make it nicer to post here.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

PlanetX - 24 April 2022 07:27 PM

The whole forum could go for an update, honestly. It doesn’t have a lot of the features of other forums I go to like image resizing, media embeds for sites like Steam, etc.

Not sure if it’s a big impact on how many people post, but it would make it nicer to post here.

Probably should combine some of the sections too, no need for things to be this divided when there’s not much traffic. Most of the active topics are in this section.

But this is a lot of work, of course.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

btw, thanks rtrooney for making this thread, it really made some difference

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Advie - 28 April 2022 11:49 PM

btw, thanks rtrooney for making this thread, it really made some difference

Glad you liked it. As Karlok said, this is certainly not the first of its kind. It just seemed to be more needed this time. Past posts would complain when daily posts, exclusive of the ones promoting a new game or Kickstarter campaign, dropped below 20. Now new posts, again exclusive of the promotional posts, has dropped to around five.

Now I only read posts on this and the Site Feedback forums, so I can’t say what is going on elsewhere.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 24 April 2022 07:00 PM
cozyhome - 24 April 2022 05:50 AM

The forum always log me out after some time even though I selected the option to auto login in future visit. It’s annoying and discouraging me to come back to post.

Same here. This problem was discussed in the feedback forum some time ago and Calimonk looked into it. Things improved but the problem was not resolved.

New twist to the problem. When I log in I am hit with the advertising screen. I try to log in, but am unsuccessful. However, if I simply click on “Forums” for example, I’m automatically logged in.

This represents an entirely different issue. If people can’t consistently, and easily log onto the platform, it’s no wonder they are not regular posters.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 136

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

The main reason i post/respond so little is because i never been a sociable person and i only engage in a conversation when, for myself, that i have something to add to that conversation and when someone already has voiced my opinion i don’t see the point in adding more of the same… in forums, i’m not a complete loner/hermit in real life Smile .

Also in the past months everything has been chaotic in my work and private life (not all in a bad way) so participating in or reading the topics has been pushed aside for a while.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i really do appreciate so* much these kinda comments, and I do understand how they could be like putting someone’s life on an edge, chapeau

but if you wouldn’t mind me saying Eddyc, these forums have always been special, I understand how the internet can leave someone with that feeling ‘holding back’ esp when he is like you say an ‘introvert’; there is hardly anyone to judge you here, most adventure gamers are intelligent people by nature, plus the effort Jack had put into these forums to keep it civil, as you can see, Ken and Roberta post here, Martin Ganteföhr and many many others, bc they know and see how is it here.

you wont see Amins participating all the time and without showing the badges around like here, anywhere else, all of them bought to Jack Allin’s ways of addressing bullying posters and newcomers, and you may not believe but I am just like you, there is a reason I don’t post anywhere else at all!.

thank you for sharing this, really.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2005-04-15

PM

I feel strongly that forums and the most thoughful ways that conversations can be carried out in a forum like this are essential for culture at all levels. Discord and the “chat” approach is shallow, in my humble thoughts and I was very happy to see this forum was still here after an absence of some years.

I hope to contribute more and often. So here is one humble pilgrim still on the Path of Joy in Adventuring.

Chris (also knows as Christian IV or CrisGer) call me as you will as long as you call me for dinner Smile

C

Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin
“We Build Worlds”

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Maybe there is a lack of users who want to discuss. Those who participate probably have talked about ‘things’ before already. There isn’t this much: argument, counter-argument, boom, zap, bang, some interesting controversy. Great new adventures aren’t released each week too. Other adventure sites are facing similar issues. Then there are other places like Twitter, Blogs and Discord. I guess there will be more activity once RTMI will be released.

The forum also feels kind of dated, the design, the segmented structure, search can be quite slow, youtube videos don’t support a time parameter etc. Overall the forum doesn’t invite you to play with it in a joyful way. Nevertheless I’ve found some valuable and entertaining information here.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

meteor - 01 June 2022 11:13 AM

Overall the forum doesn’t invite you to play with it in a joyful way.

Please explain this comment. How exactly are we supposed tp “play” with the forum? Let alone in a “joyful” way.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

It’s more fun to use something which looks & feels nice (yummy design, satisfying functionality etc.). Examples: The easier you can add media, the more you might contribute. If you could scroll through a whole thread, instead of turning pages, you might create a post, referring to something you read by scrolling up & down. Like in data visualization a threads overview could be visualized depending on how big, fresh threads are, how much you posted in ...

Total Posts: 2108

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I think people have been complaining about the forums since they were completely reimagined back in the early 2010s, and not much has changed since. Same happened to the website, it became even less user-friendly with time (comments under reviews were removed, user ratings/reviews were moved away from review pages for the sake of cumbersome clickbaits).

Probably has a lot to do with AG being a fan project dedicated to a very niche genre, there are only 1-2 people maintaining the whole thing for years, hence why it’s hard to stay up-to-date and keep track of user feedback. Although I’ve no idea how much accessible are modern web tools. AG still feels more fresh compared to those few adventure fan sites left. Which doesn’t help to attract new users, but it also doesn’t pay bills, so.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I haven’t visited in a long time, so my comment may be off the mark. But AG, even after ten years since the revamp, seems much more visually appealing than what I remember of GameBoomers.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nothing really useful to add. I miss Luhr. I should play Perfect Tides some time soon.

You can always add your own rating, maybe even a review if you like. Doom did for Perfect Tides and it offers a different and well-formulated view on the game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top