• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #70: Day of the Tentacle

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

millenia - 04 February 2022 07:05 PM

My game has not run smoothly.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. The first session I played, the game crashed on me while I was exiting. No big deal, but still.

But what has occurred several times now is this: when we see a spinning newspaper about what purple tentacle is up to, the small “to the Batmobile”-like bit of music that plays, suddenly starts looping indefinitely and plays every 5 seconds. It only stops when I save, quit and restart the game…

But, criticism of the Remaster aside, the game itself is still as awesome as ever. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve been a bit held up due to other things. I’m planning to catch up this weekend but please don’t wait for me as once I have the chance to get started I’ll catch up.  Smile

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Let’s have two more days for this part (it’s longer than I predicted, anyway) for everyone behind to catch up, and we’ll start on Monday the next part of the playthrough. I hope that’s OK with everyone. In the meantime, please discuss everything connected to this part of the game.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Has anyone found the game within the game yet?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

TimovieMan - 04 February 2022 08:17 PM

But what has occurred several times now is this: when we see a spinning newspaper about what purple tentacle is up to, the small “to the Batmobile”-like bit of music that plays, suddenly starts looping indefinitely and plays every 5 seconds. It only stops when I save, quit and restart the game…

I had a looping issue too, with the cigar man. But it luckily stopped when I switched to Hoagie.

Vegetable Party - 05 February 2022 09:10 AM

Yes. But I’m still not playing! (Maybe some day)

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Vegetable Party - 05 February 2022 09:10 AM

Yep. And I played some of it. There’s an achievement for it. Tongue

Actually, just starting the game within the game also gives an achievement. Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nice. Smile

I think that fun little feature is one of DotT’s original achievements! I’m glad they kept it in the remake. It’s how I played Maniac Mansion during the playthrough of that game.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve played for over 5 hours but I still haven’t been able to get the battery for Hoagie! I still need to find some gold which I guess is the gold plume? also I haven’t found any vinegar which I guess could originate from the bottle of wine?

I’m currently stuck at opening the safe. I’ve seen the video footage but I don’t know what to do to wake up Dr Fred? who remains sleepwalking in his office.

I am able to switch between all 3 characters & I’m very much enjoying the different time settings in the same place & the facility to swap items. I love the characters & am finding the voice-acting top-notch!
I’m not sure how much more I need to do to get the battery but please don’t wait!  Smile

EDIT: I’ve got the battery!
Smile

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nice!

I cut back on my coffee intake and its effect is noticeable. I’ve been looking for alternatives for while, because I like a hot drink that packs a punch: just not one based on alcohol or caffeine.

The voice acting is very peculiar. Whether you like it or not might be based on your appreciation/tolerance of 90s cartoon comedy, but it’s really, consistently good. Both the acting and the audio quality.

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Got the battery? Great!! Now it’s time to tackle the most amazing beauty contest!

I will give you 1 week, until February 14th to win the human beauty contest in the “tentaclian” world. You’re still free to switch between characters/periods, but stop once you win the contest.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 536

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

What great timing! I just managed to get the battery. Took me around five hours of playing time and according to the game I’ve completed 51 percent of it.

Absolutely loving the game! The puzzles are a blast to solve. Characters and writing are top notch. Often laughing-out-loud funny. The more I get into the game, the more I appreciate the remaster. I think it’s brilliantly done.

Now back to win that contest. I think I already have managed to get some of the stuff crucial to doing just that.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve just won the beauty contest.
Or rather, “my human” mummy Ted did.

Only took me 45 minutes, but I did a bunch of things that weren’t really necessary for this part. In fact, going over my inventory, if I had beelined for the beauty contest, I would have probably finished this section in less than fifteen minutes.
I already had most of the items I needed before this section started.

Result: I’m at 70%, in 5 hours 39 minutes.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I won the contest. This part was short if you allready had got the items needed. I was kinda stuck because i didnt think the mummy would be the human pet and spent some time in the kennel trying to get the humans there. I then read the spoiler by Timovieman and after that it took me i think half an hour or so to finish the contest. Its not like i found out how the puzzles would work. Just it was easy to trial and error at this point. Anyway, my save file is at 56% and close to 9 hours played.

Humour is great and love how stupid the tentacles are.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I kind of like the Tentacle future. They just became the dominant species. We’re still there, they’re trying to figure out how to treat us.

Purple holds a grudge, but he doesn’t want to kill us, he just wants to shrink us out of sight. His awkward son is awkward about us. But most of the other tentacles seem fine with us the way we are. We’re easy enough to catch with a net, we have some entertainment value and the human veterinarian isn’t exactly evil, just clueless.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Laverne has now won the contest!  Smile Like Nico I never thought of the mummy until I accessed Timo’s spoiler. It didn’t take me very long as I had everything needed so the 7 + hours I spent on the first part paid off & I’m apparently 75% the way through.
I’ve enjoyed the game immensely so far & am looking forward to moving on.    Smile

N.B. It’s a curious thing when a beauty contest 200 years in the future is reliant on ‘tarting-up’
a ‘relic’ from hundreds of years ago in the past to win!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top