• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

EA says that 80 percent of Battlefield Hardline copies were sold for Xbox One or PlayStation 4.

New MirrorEdge in Fall 2015 or Spring 2016.
New NFS in fall.
TitanFall2 in 2016/7.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I hope ME (both Mirror’s Edge and Mass Effect) do come out in that time. There’s an especially big gap in the market for Mirror’s Edge. (I do realize Mass Effect isn’t mentioned there, but maybe there’s some hope for a 2016 release)

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I find it really difficult to look forward to anything from EA now. I just know they’ll implement some wallet opening mechanism in everything they put out. I knew Star Wars Battlefront would be the same, but I was hoping it wouldn’t be.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Next AssCreed reveal on 12th this month, Wilco faints Wink
While he hits lvl 30 :p

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 May 2015 01:32 PM

Next AssCreed reveal on 12th this month, Wilco faints Wink
While he hits lvl 30 :p

Not a lot to reveal with the leaks, it’s AssCreed Victory in London. I’m not terribly excited after Unity but at the least the setting should be very interesting. Hopefully they bounce back to better games.

Now time to go back and hunt some Fallen, Cabal, Vex Tongue

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

So I am playing right now The Order 1886, and I have to say the reviewers got it very very wrong. It is way much better than they gave it credit. It does have some flaws I agree, but its pros for me way over compensate for the cons. One of the most underrated games I’ve ever seen. I remember nomad saying he wishes for a sequel. I hope someone at Sony has the foresight to see all the potential in an outstanding sequel. It will be a shame if that’s the last we see of The Order.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 08 May 2015 02:34 AM

So I am playing right now The Order 1886, and I have to say the reviewers got it very very wrong. It is way much better than they gave it credit. It does have some flaws I agree, but its pros for me way over compensate for the cons. One of the most underrated games I’ve ever seen. I remember nomad saying he wishes for a sequel. I hope someone at Sony has the foresight to see all the potential in an outstanding sequel. It will be a shame if that’s the last we see of The Order.

See i told ya, and glad you liked it, even Jaffe who dont like cutscenes made a video in support, the problem was too much negativity, totally uncalled for.
Its graphics are top quality and worth the price, there is reason why Wolfenstein Oldblood is priced at 20$ with 6 to 8hrs. And i have played Ryse, i dunno why that game didn’t get the short end of the stick like Order.
People buy 2000$ PC card and there is no game on PC that looks this better, which we got in 60$ even as say,tech demo.
And wilco, me and you all of us can hope for the sequel, sales were decent.
Hope is better than Despair Wink.

Edit:

Rumor circulating, no Dishonored2 at E3,
E3 hype -50%

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’m trying to think of what I’d like to see at E3, but I think for the most part it’s either been announced or I’d just like to be surprised.

Rare’s new project is going to be shown, so I’m definitely looking forward to that, Beyond good and evil 2 would be nice too.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 09 May 2015 03:53 AM

I’m trying to think of what I’d like to see at E3, but I think for the most part it’s either been announced or I’d just like to be surprised.

Rare’s new project is going to be shown, so I’m definitely looking forward to that, Beyond good and evil 2 would be nice too.

You would love some Ninty games like Starfox Smile

Hey you and Wilco got WiiU , let me know how Splatoon plays, gameplay and feel?? in recent ongoing beta, people going crazy but mostly Ninty fans who will dig all Ninty games religiously , so good to have some neutral opinions from you two.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Starfox, Zelda, splatoon are the only ones I’m interested in from for Nintendo now. I’ll let you know about Splatoon once it’s out. Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 09 May 2015 05:11 AM

Hey you and Wilco got WiiU , let me know how Splatoon plays, gameplay and feel?? in recent ongoing beta, people going crazy but mostly Ninty fans who will dig all Ninty games religiously , so good to have some neutral opinions from you two.

First thing is why did Nintendo only allows the demo/beta to be played in these short periods of time?!?!? Are they even trying to promote the game?

Anyway, I played and it does feels like a Nintendo take on multiplayer shooters. Very easy to pick up and play and fun. Controls are easy to grasp (except for the motion-controls, turned them off immediately…). The focus being in “controlling/painting” the territory and not having a high body count makes it different from the typical shooter.
At the same time I don’t think it’s very deep, 2 of the classes feel a bit the same and the sniper was useless and all the games I’ve been in. And not a lot of different combat options, a bit too simplistic. I’m not sure this is going to be worth it for a full game, specially since it has the risk of player count being very low on the WiiU.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 09 May 2015 09:36 AM
nomadsoul - 09 May 2015 05:11 AM

First thing is why did Nintendo only allows the demo/beta to be played in these short periods of time?!?!? Are they even trying to promote the game?

Anyway, I played and it does feels like a Nintendo take on multiplayer shooters. Very easy to pick up and play and fun. Controls are easy to grasp (except for the motion-controls, turned them off immediately…). The focus being in “controlling/painting” the territory and not having a high body count makes it different from the typical shooter.
At the same time I don’t think it’s very deep, 2 of the classes feel a bit the same and the sniper was useless and all the games I’ve been in. And not a lot of different combat options, a bit too simplistic. I’m not sure this is going to be worth it for a full game, specially since it has the risk of player count being very low on the WiiU.

Yeah that was my fear, that it will run its course sooner than later and 60$ will be hard to justify, but there is hope in singleplayer campaign, some crazy story like The world ends with you, would have served better, but i want to get my hands on it anyway, music is good too.
And about promotion thing, well the 2 min time limit and the short beta time period is definitely to curb fatigue before people get tired.

Its good actually considering i didnt touch Hardline after beta because beta gave me all.
Wink

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hmm, I was a bit worried about that. Might hold off buying it till the reviews etc then.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tad - 09 May 2015 03:53 AM

I really really doubt that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is going to make a showing at E3. Call it a hunch, but Ubisoft does not seem very serious about that game.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Capcom wants more remasters, that’s a big yes, since they are sitting on golden classics.
Onimusha 1&2
Remake2
Killer7
Haunting ground
Godhand , remasters please.

Arslan musou coming, musou I will buy.
Also igarashi plays symphony of the night with Double fine, kick ass…
Big hopes from his upcoming KS.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top