• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Finally I bought a Ps4, a little late I know, so I started looking for games I could buy to enjoy the console accordingly. After some hesitation I bought and I’m playing The Last Of Us Remastered (I’ve never played it before) along with the ^ Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (I was between TR and some of the Uncharted games), anyway I love it for now . Lara Heart

I still can not make a comparison regarding this one and Tomb Raider 2013.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Renacimiento - 06 January 2017 10:41 AM

Finally I bought a Ps4, a little late I know, so I started looking for games I could buy to enjoy the console accordingly. After some hesitation I bought and I’m playing The Last Of Us Remastered (I’ve never played it before) along with the ^ Tomb Raider 20 Years Aniversary (I was between TR and some of the Uncharted games), anyway I love it for now . Lara Heart

I still can not make a comparison regarding this one and Tomb Raider 2013.

Its never too late Wink

For me TR2013> UC2 >TR2016> UC3 >rest

So yeah TR has more meaty adventure and puzzles, semi openworld, with great pacing,
optional tombs etc
Infact UC4 copied 3 gameplay things from TR2013 and failed to utilize it properly
So i would say go for TR2013 too later

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

nomadsoul - 06 January 2017 10:50 AM

Its never too late Wink

So yeah TR has more meaty adventure and puzzles, semi openworld, with great pacing,
optional tombs etc
Infact UC4 copied 3 gameplay things from TR2013 and failed to utilize it properly

Thanks. I love the console, it had to be a Playstation4, for some reason I have no interest in Xbox, I prefer Sony to take my money and not Microsoft Smile. by the way I also bought the GTA V.

Even so would you recommend trying some of the Uncharted games? I’ve always liked Tomb Raider, and from Uncharted I don’t know anything, except that it looks like a copy of Tomb Raider.

Another thing, or I know this is not the right thread, but what other game do you recommend to make the most of my new console? The Witcher 3, maybe?

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Renacimiento - 06 January 2017 10:57 AM

Its never too late Wink

optional tombs etc

Thanks. I love the console, it had to be a Playstation4, for some reason I have no interest in Xbox, I prefer Sony to take my money and not Microsoft Smile. by the way I also bought the GTA V.

Even so would you recommend trying some of the Uncharted games? I’ve always liked Tomb Raider, and from Uncharted I don’t know anything, except that it looks like a copy of Tomb Raider.

Another thing, or I know this is not the right thread, but what other game do you recommend to make the most of my new console? The Witcher 3, maybe?

If you like Lara then you have to finish her both games first, then UC collection if you want
Witcher3 is indeed real next gen game, but its a sequel and RPG,i would say save it for later but a must play
Last guardian if you love art, puzzles and story

Graphically , you might want to play Horizon to justify PS4 purchase, since its exclusive and best looking game on any platform, coming in March , so you have time
And
Dying light:Following Edition is my one of my top fav this gen, and forced all my pals to play this gem, best co-op experience
so there is that

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 06 January 2017 11:23 AM
Renacimiento - 06 January 2017 10:57 AM

Its never too late Wink

optional tombs etc

If you like Lara then you have to finish her both games first, then UC collection if you want
Witcher3 is indeed real next gen game, but its a sequel and RPG,i would say save it for later but a must play
Last guardian if you love art, puzzles and story

Graphically , you might want to play Horizon to justify PS4 purchase, since its exclusive and best looking game on any platform, coming in March , so you have time
And
Dying light:Following Edition is my one of my top fav this gen, and forced all my pals to play this gem, best co-op experience
so there is that

I never played witcher 1 but beat witcher 2 on xbox 360 and loved it how much does my decisions and actions carry over from witcher 2 to witcher 3. How does it handle my choices from number 2 to number 3, just curious. thanks in advance.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I have started uncharted 3 and im 6 chapters in and so far gasp its my favorite of the series. I love the shooting, the animations, and the acting is even a step above again with great dialogue. The climbing mechanics are still wonky like 2. I also really like the hand to hand combat, its like a more cinematic version of the batman arkham games. Whoever remastered these uncharted games for the ps4 deserve a lot of credit, bc they are freaking gorgeous especially uncharted 2 and 3

Like I said after this game, im taking a break before I start uncharted 4 and playing the witcher 3. Or I might buy rogue galaxy, its an old ps2 game that works on the ps4, I heard great things about it back in the day, never played it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 06 January 2017 10:10 PM

I have started uncharted 3 and im 6 chapters in and so far gasp its my favorite of the series. I love the shooting, the animations, and the acting is even a step above again with great dialogue. The climbing mechanics are still wonky like 2. I also really like the hand to hand combat, its like a more cinematic version of the batman arkham games. Whoever remastered these uncharted games for the ps4 deserve a lot of credit, bc they are freaking gorgeous especially uncharted 2 and 3

Like I said after this game, im taking a break before I start uncharted 4 and playing the witcher 3. Or I might buy rogue galaxy, its an old ps2 game that works on the ps4, I heard great things about it back in the day, never played it.

You have to check some prologue walkthrough, it asks you questions in W3 intro to suit your past events. There are some major omissions though still some choices of past carry over in great style, side missions or minimal but still there.

I too never got the hate for UC3, i loved it, esp the epic set pieces, story,music and graphics.
UC2> UC3 > UCvita >UC 1 > UC4

They should have remastered Vita version
UC4 is not Amy’s true version and they changed the original darker version to something
else, plus zero innovation against competition like TR

Here is the original vision tease we will never get

RogueGalaxy is best level5 game and is in my top 3 best RPGs on PS2 along with SuikodenV and FFX

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 06 January 2017 11:33 PM
Jdawg445 - 06 January 2017 10:10 PM

You have to check some prologue walkthrough, it asks you questions in W3 intro to suit your past events. There are some major omissions though still some choices of past carry over in great style, side missions or minimal but still there.

I too never got the hate for UC3, i loved it, esp the epic set pieces, story,music and graphics.
UC2> UC3 > UCvita >UC 1 > UC4

They should have remastered Vita version
UC4 is not Amy’s true version and they changed the original darker version to something
else, plus zero innovation against competition like TR

Here is the original vision tease we will never get

RogueGalaxy is best level5 game and is in my top 3 best RPGs on PS2 along with SuikodenV and FFX

well my two favorite rpgs of all time are grandia 2 and skies of arcadia for the dreamcast. if I like them will I like rouge galaxy

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 07 January 2017 02:20 AM

well my two favorite rpgs of all time are grandia 2 and skies of arcadia for the dreamcast. if I like them will I like rouge galaxy

Its realtime not turn based
It has better art than both
And rest is all subjective
I would recommend, i want sequel from Level5 tbh, i liked the universe, you can check vids on youtube

I just checked ps4 ver, and its hot , i might dip again later

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

You might want to check out Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of The Cursed King.
It’s level 5’s best work. It’s truly amazing.

But if you play it for the sky pirate stuff, I couldn’t sway you probably.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 07 January 2017 02:43 AM

I would recommend, i want sequel from Level5 tbh, i liked the universe, you can check vids on youtube

Let me ask a technical question you may or may not know. I was at the chateau level in uncharted three and I was having a lighting issue with the game. I was inside the castle and it seems the light of the game would flicker every time I move the camera. It mostly happened when I was in a dark area an light was coming through a hole in the wall of the castle. could it be a small bug with the game, a ps4 rendering issue or an issue with my tv not being able to pixalate quick enough. Basically it seemed like someone was dimming a lightbulb and turning it back up quick. I hope Im explaining the problem well. I just finished the syria level and had no issue there.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Origami - 07 January 2017 06:03 AM

You might want to check out Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of The Cursed King.
It’s level 5’s best work. It’s truly amazing.

But if you play it for the sky pirate stuff, I couldn’t sway you probably.

I love dragon quest 8 beat it twice back in the day. Didnt know the same devs made rouge galaxy. now I might just have to get it. maybe I will put it on my valentines wishlist. PS I really do love the ps4 wish I had got one sooner.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 07 January 2017 06:54 AM

Let me ask a technical question you may or may not know. I was at the chateau level in uncharted three and I was having a lighting issue with the game. I was inside the castle and it seems the light of the game would flicker every time I move the camera. It mostly happened when I was in a dark area an light was coming through a hole in the wall of the castle. could it be a small bug with the game, a ps4 rendering issue or an issue with my tv not being able to pixalate quick enough. Basically it seemed like someone was dimming a lightbulb and turning it back up quick. I hope Im explaining the problem well. I just finished the syria level and had no issue there.

If this problem never happened in UC2 then its a glitch
Play the game till end and reload Chateau to check if it persists then update could fix it
Its PS4 vs disc loading the code properly
Had plenty of that in my games
Also best bet is to check TV issues by comparing same contextual situations

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 07 January 2017 07:07 AM

Play the game till end and reload Chateau to check if it persists then update could fix it

thank you and yeah never had an issue before in uncharted 2, but since you mentioned it, I think it might be a bug bc. I put the ps4 in rest mode to eat dinner and when I came back the game of course reloaded to the same spot and it kind of glitched right there as well, as in the game stuttered

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 07 January 2017 07:16 AM
nomadsoul - 07 January 2017 07:07 AM

thank you and yeah never had an issue before in uncharted 2, but since you mentioned it, I think it might be a bug bc. I put the ps4 in rest mode to eat dinner and when I came back the game of course reloaded to the same spot and it kind of glitched right there as well, as in the game stuttered

Avoid sleep mode to increase your ps4 life
Its china made
only let your ps4 on for demos, not more than 8 hrs

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top