You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #121

thank you.....got it now...........nowi need to find new X on map.....dont know what to do now
Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 AM   #122

does anyone know how to get the location of Windlapse? im at a loss here.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 AM   #123

Spoiler:
The location in Windlapse has something to do with the encrypted combination from Ivar's cabin.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #124

OK...seems I am the only one missing this but I've looked for over 2 hours now and can't seem to find it

Spoiler:
Where is the locked statue that is supposed to be opened with the 3 metal sticks?" i've checked every room I have access to in all 4 of the locations I have access to and can't find it. Oh, and yes, I got the key to the coat and have access to the Alchemy area.

Thanks in advance for the assist

Bah! Disregard. Post and then find it 2 minutes later...heh.

EDIT: *sigh* no I'm still stuck.
Here is where I am:

Spoiler:

I am still waiting on a return call from Arthur. I have one spot marked on the map(the eye) and can't figure out what I need to do the mark the other 3 marked WMT on the list. Underlining doesn't give me a hit and trying to just enter the coordinates tells me the "dont guess go find a clue" message.

I have read through all the documents(multiple times) I can find in all 5 locations I currently have access to with no luck. I turned on all the cheats and there is no hint available.

The only clue (per the document reader thingy) that I am missing is "EB". I assume that Arthur will call me back and tell me who "EB" is but not sure how to progress the story from here. What am I missing?" I assume there are more symbols but danged if I can find them

EDIT:
Nope *sigh* Looks like I'm bugged. When I underline the eye I get the correct message regarding Wellsmouth but then it immediatly says that the symbols are unknown and will not let me underline the other 3. I went back through my saves and tried to play forward again and it is still giving me the same problem. Looks like I need to start over and I'm just not ready to do that. I guess this one goes back on the shelf for a month or so until I get remotivated *sigh*. Oh well.

Last edited by jtoast; 11-16-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:49 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoast View Post
OK...seems I am the only one missing this but I've looked for over 2 hours now and can't seem to find it

Spoiler:
Where is the locked statue that is supposed to be opened with the 3 metal sticks?" i've checked every room I have access to in all 4 of the locations I have access to and can't find it. Oh, and yes, I got the key to the coat and have access to the Alchemy area.

Thanks in advance for the assist

Bah! Disregard. Post and then find it 2 minutes later...heh.

EDIT: *sigh* no I'm still stuck.
Here is where I am:

Spoiler:

I am still waiting on a return call from Arthur. I have one spot marked on the map(the eye) and can't figure out what I need to do the mark the other 3 marked WMT on the list. Underlining doesn't give me a hit and trying to just enter the coordinates tells me the "dont guess go find a clue" message.

I have read through all the documents(multiple times) I can find in all 5 locations I currently have access to with no luck. I turned on all the cheats and there is no hint available.

The only clue (per the document reader thingy) that I am missing is "EB". I assume that Arthur will call me back and tell me who "EB" is but not sure how to progress the story from here. What am I missing?" I assume there are more symbols but danged if I can find them

EDIT:
Nope *sigh* Looks like I'm bugged. When I underline the eye I get the correct message regarding Wellsmouth but then it immediatly says that the symbols are unknown and will not let me underline the other 3. I went back through my saves and tried to play forward again and it is still giving me the same problem. Looks like I need to start over and I'm just not ready to do that. I guess this one goes back on the shelf for a month or so until I get remotivated *sigh*. Oh well.
i'm stuck here too, i've got all these clues, somebody help us please. and where is that cemetery???????
Old 11-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #126

I got one x on the map but cannot get any others!!! been stuck here for 2 hours now its driving me nuts! Is this a bug? Am playing in senior mode. Please someone help me ARRRRGH!!
Old 11-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #127

hey guys...
Can anyone help me?it seems that there's some kind of a bug in my copy
here's what happens:
I'm in day 2 by the way
MAYBE SOME SPOILERS

Spoiler:
I can't get the thought of Clark Field's birth date
til I get the important event thought
then when I go to get the birthdate thought it replaces the important event thought...so what am I supposed to do now?

isn't that the way to open the locked case?
is there a patch or anything? or can anyone send me a saved game just after getting the password for the locked case? that would be very nice
thank you in advance.

Last edited by Melanie68; 11-18-2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
Old 11-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #128

There's no need for a patch. You're looking for an important event in Clark's life. Once you find out which event it is, you'll realise why his birthdate is important.

Spoiler:
In his diary, Clark writes about him and Jonathan taking over their father's company. This made him very happy, and he says he'll never forget it.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:29 AM   #129

@ the will

I don't think you understood me well..if it's like what you are saying..then how should I open the locked case? can you please tell me exactly..thanx anyways.

@ Martita

I think I'm dealing with the same issue you were dealing with..you seem to have come through it..can you tell me how did you do it?is it like what "the Will" is saying? thanx in advance
Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #130

I understood perfectly well what you were asking, I just figured it'd be more fun for you if I just gave a hint and leave you to figure out the rest.
Spoiler:
Simply enter 1998 on the tumblers and press the button next to it.

The reasoning behind this is simple. In the diary in the same room he mentions that him and Jonathan taking over their father's business at age 22 was the best time of his life and he'll never forget it. If you combine that with Clark's birthdate (1976) you'll get 1998.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #131

Just to update for those stuck with one eye marker on the map I have found no way to move forward from this as you cannot then return to it and mark the other locations. However I returned to an earlier save before marking the map and done something differently ( sorry I don't know how to do spoilers!) That solved the problem. the only thing I will say is that if you only mark one location on the map the game is at a dead end in my experience...
Old 11-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #132

@ The Will
ohhh my god!!
sorry my mistake..I didn't notice that the numbers on the case could be inserted..the graphics seemed so still..I didn't feel like I could press on them .. I thought I have to figure it out in the thoughts and then somehow it will open..don't ask me why ...I feel sooo stupid right now
the good news is I'm back on the right track and it's all thanks to you..u've been really helpful...I think I will need more help later in the game..I won't hesitate to ask for help
thanx alot
Old 11-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #133
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue3737 View Post
Just to update for those stuck with one eye marker on the map I have found no way to move forward from this as you cannot then return to it and mark the other locations. However I returned to an earlier save before marking the map and done something differently ( sorry I don't know how to do spoilers!) That solved the problem. the only thing I will say is that if you only mark one location on the map the game is at a dead end in my experience...
That is definitely a bug as described at their forums. You can get around it by doing what you did or by changing the difficulty level of the game. I didn't connect the bug described at their forum and what you were saying until now (otherwise I would have said something earlier).
Old 11-20-2007, 04:12 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
That is definitely a bug as described at their forums. You can get around it by doing what you did or by changing the difficulty level of the game. I didn't connect the bug described at their forum and what you were saying until now (otherwise I would have said something earlier).
Thanks for confirming that it is a bug, this is a great game though and I am really enjoying it! even with the bug
Old 12-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #135

Default need help please

im stuck after the Ring puzzle at the Howard's home i need to Answer the cell phone but my inventori is emty there is nothing to use i cant do anithing

Last edited by tdk17; 12-20-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #136

Default The Registry

I have found and read the journal of Robert Hart the cemetery watchman. I have the rusty dagger but I cant figure out what is "stuck" to use the dagger on to find the book with Poer's name under the stairs.
Please help.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:23 AM   #137

These guys have posted a walkthrough on Darkness Within, available here:
http://www.egcgames.com/content.php?id=77

Good Hunting...
Old 12-28-2007, 09:38 AM   #138

Default nastyvale

Thanks, but I figured out my problem. I had failed to underline something and was not being allowed to proceed.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:32 PM   #139

Default Waiting for Arthur's call

Hi everybody, I'm stuck here,
Spoiler:
I've the 4 marks in the map, I've opened the statue, but when I wake up from the nightmere (about the dreamcatcher) Arthur doesn't call me, I go to the bathroom and do everything I must do, I go towards the door to leave the house, but nothing, he doesn't call me! I've even had installed the patch 1.2, and started playing from past savegames. Help please!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #140

Default Darkness Within

Good Evening/Morning

....I have a question about the dialogue with this game. I've just started it and I'm in the hallway and I need to know if it's normal for his dialogue to be text only or is there a tech issue with my audio...sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't and again I'm just starting so if anyone could give me shout back and let me know either way I'd be most grateful...it's the skippin' that will probably cause onset frustration and possible gamer rage if there's such a thing!!!