You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Hitman: Blood Money

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2006, 01:17 PM   #61
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Why don't publishers take game adaptations seriously, I mean every game action hero has to be the same generic actor.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 05-31-2006, 01:31 PM   #62
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

So whats wrong with Vin Deisle again? He has the right build and the right character to play 47, only think is that his skin is a bit darker than 47's pasty white skin but makeup can take care of that.

I heard that some people thing
jason statham would be better....

I hope that for whoever they choose that they remember the fine details, like the Barcode and his lack of eyebrows
Old 05-31-2006, 03:01 PM   #63
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
Why don't publishers take game adaptations seriously, I mean every game action hero has to be the same generic actor.
thank you. at least someones thinking straight unlike that Karmillo kat. bruce willis would be much better

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 05-31-2006, 04:22 PM   #64
woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
thank you. at least someones thinking straight unlike that Karmillo kat. bruce willis would be much better
Nah, even though I love Bruce willis he isnt the 47 type, hes more of a shoot first, shoot again later type. Plus isnt he kinda small?

Hey what about John Malchovitch? Hes tall and bald right?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:17 PM   #65
is not wierd

John Malkovich isn't really right for the role though. Neither is Vin Diesel, though. If Vin Diesel does turn out to be the One then there's a 90% chance the movie will be an action flick.

How about a shaved Ed Norton?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:55 PM   #66
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
So whats wrong with Vin Deisle again? He has the right build and the right character to play 47, only think is that his skin is a bit darker than 47's pasty white skin but makeup can take care of that.
Now that I think about it a little more, Paul Bettany (who played the tragically misguided monk Silas in The Da Vinci Code) might be a good pick.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-01-2006, 12:38 AM   #67
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

The first Hitman game was a nice concept, but it only had like three decent levels, and only one of those was about the quality of any Blood Money level. The rest of Hitman's levels ranged from bad to gut-wrenchingly horrible. It's not a classic. Silent Assassin really improved the gameplay and the concept, but still had some very poor levels.

This is why Blood Money seems so great to me. It seems like they've perfected the gameplay elements (the hand-to-hand moves 47 can do are great) and the levels are consistently excellent.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:27 AM   #68
woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fop
The first Hitman game was a nice concept, but it only had like three decent levels, and only one of those was about the quality of any Blood Money level. The rest of Hitman's levels ranged from bad to gut-wrenchingly horrible. It's not a classic. Silent Assassin really improved the gameplay and the concept, but still had some very poor levels.
Wich is probably why Contracts was so poor...by the way what were the Ballers like in the first game? did they send the guys flying like Silent Assasin?

Oh more importantly is that what they are like in Blood Money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
John Malkovich isn't really right for the role though. Neither is Vin Diesel, though. If Vin Diesel does turn out to be the One then there's a 90% chance the movie will be an action flick.

How about a shaved Ed Norton?
Well it seems pretty definate that Vin Deisle is going to be 47 since he is the one who is producing it and hes hoping to get Ion Storm and his own game company(who made butcher bay) to make a Hitman game to go along with the movie voiced by Vin Diesle.

But I wouldnt dismiss the movie just cause Vin Diesle is in it, hes as much of a gamer as most of us and Butcher Bay had allot of stealth in it. Theres a good chance that it will be true to the Game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Now that I think about it a little more, Paul Bettany (who played the tragically misguided monk Silas in The Da Vinci Code) might be a good pick.
Yeah hes a pretty good match but the voice he used in Da Vinci isnt really good for the part and I havent heard him from anywhere else so I couldnt be quite sure

Last edited by Karmillo; 06-01-2006 at 05:39 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #69
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Yeah, the ballers did send people flying in Hitman, but not in Blood Money. BTW, I think Hitman was the first game to use a "bullet time" effect, before Max Payne. It was a lot subtler, though. The one thing that's lacking in later Hitmans is that you can't dual wield one-handed guns except in specific cases. In Hitman you could pick up any pistol and then pick up any other pistol and use them both "akimbo".

After seeing Vin Diesel raise his hand-cuffed hands from behind his back to his front in Pitch Black, popping his arms out of their sockets and back, I've been certain he could play 47 very well. If you need a super-human bald clone, he's your choice. Plus he's actually the most likely actor to treat the role with respect, since he seems to understand (he was great in Butcher Bay).

One problem is that he's a lot bigger and so more noticeable, but then again 47 is bald and has a bar-code on the back of his head and that doesn't seem to bother him. Plus Vin looks racially ambiguous, which would be useful for blending in.

Just FYI, Vin Diesel's company was somewhat involved in making Butcher Bay, but it was developed by a Swedish company. Also, I find unlikely that they would use Ion Storm to develop the next game, since Eidos closed Ion Storm down last year. You probably mean IO Interactive.

Last edited by Fop; 06-01-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:55 AM   #70
Party On Dudes

sorry dude but paul bettany is a horrible choice, he's not that good an actor (even though his best was da vinci - not bad i admit) but check 'a knights tale' or 'wimbledon' if you are not convinced. and john malkovich? you must have been joking he's too 'cute' for such a lethal and merciless role, also the shape of the actors head might not help things any. and besides the point the whole atmosphere of hitman lies in multiple choices and 'mission after mission'. a film cannot offer anything like what we get from the games, especially the shallow works of vin diesel and action films.

and fop for your information the first game had levels that set the standards for the rest of the games. look at the level where you gotta sniper the triad member. didn't you feel a rush when that elevator was going up for the first time and 47 was assembling his sniper rifle? or what about when you trapped that guy in the sauna and put the temperature up and suffocated him on the heat? this game is fantastic and so well presented, shame on you mr.fop. (also the ballers in the first game didn't make anyone fly as ridiculously as in the second, plus hitman never had bullet time, just slow motion)

and who said contracts was crap? the way it twists levels from the previous games is genius like it's all his nightmares. it feels just like an evil version of the film 'leon' because of the storyline. even though i thought the second one was pretty rubbish it was still fun while it lasted.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #71
woof

Yeah sorry, I keep getting those two mixed up since I have a disc with both Hitman Contracts and Thief DS that came with my sound card

And isnt 47 larger than everyone else in the hitman games?

Also after downloading the Silent assasin Demo I couldnt get people to fly with the Ballers, they felt weaker than they were in Contracts! I wonder if it was just the demo or if it was cause I played the ps2

And does this mean theres not another thief game coming out anytime soon?
Old 06-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #72
merely human

Quote:
sorry dude but paul bettany is a horrible choice, he's not that good an actor (even though his best was da vinci - not bad i admit) but check 'a knights tale' or 'wimbledon' if you are not convinced. and john malkovich? you must have been joking he's too 'cute' for such a lethal and merciless role, also the shape of the actors head might not help things any. and besides the point the whole atmosphere of hitman lies in multiple choices and 'mission after mission'. a film cannot offer anything like what we get from the games, especially the shallow works of vin diesel and action films.
He's expected to 'act'? An actor playing 47 is expected to 'act'?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-01-2006, 11:09 AM   #73
woof

Quote:
and who said contracts was crap? the way it twists levels from the previous games is genius like it's all his nightmares. it feels just like an evil version of the film 'leon' because of the storyline. even though i thought the second one was pretty rubbish it was still fun while it lasted.
Its not crap but it wasnt great, the more I think of it the more I feel like calling it a 'stand alone expansion*'

It wasnt so bad for me since Ive never played the first game but some of the missions felt badly designed and allot harder than they should be.

And there isnt really a storyline...its all memories and each one doesnt really have anything to do with each other apart from the ones that were setting up for the next one (like the biker gangs and the triad ones). It baisicly
Spoiler:

47 buggers up mission
colapses in apartment
doctor comes and treats wound
doctor escapes
47 wakes up
Goes to finish the job he messed up

There was more story in the closing movie than there was in the whole game!

And IMO I found the second one to be better, I remember having more fun with it than I did playing Contracts
and dropping from 21 missions to 12 was pretty bad, especialy since they were just remixes

Oh and a they could still do the multiple mission thing in the movie, especialy if they do it like they way the triad missions were done where you had to assasinate the negotiators to put the pressure on your actual target

Anyway, I just played the Blood Money demo and the graphics are definetly better than Contracts...infact at some points I was getting a bit of graphic lag
the whole interface seems to have been completely revamped, what with having to now hold down the inventory button since it douples as the unequipt button and theyve split the action button into 3 buttons?
But even though it was a tutorial mission I still had allot of fun with it, especialy when 47 grabs the guy through the gate

Last edited by Karmillo; 06-01-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #74
merely human

The general consensus among reviewers and many gamers is that Contracts was essentially an upgraded version of the Codename 47.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #75
woof

Yeah thats what I found out, hence 'Stand alone Expansion'

*Whoops I kept using the wrong word
Old 06-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #76
Party On Dudes

good points dudes, i agree with practically evrything there.

btw the ava maria song at the beginning of blood money can be downloaded here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=66JP9AC1 just for you guys (actually i got it from gamefaqs forum...but they'll never know)

does anyone know if i should take back my ps2 version and get blood money on xbox instead? times running out and i wanna know if the graphics or gameplay or extras are different. cheers.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #77
woof

The graphics will probably be better, Id say just get the PC version (Apparently GAME have an exclusive Collectors Edition that comes with the sound track)
Old 06-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #78
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
The graphics will probably be better, Id say just get the PC version (Apparently GAME have an exclusive Collectors Edition that comes with the sound track)
REALLY? i bought the special edition version and was horrified to find that there was no difference to my friends standard one (even though he paid more for his, lol), it came in a tin case.

well i think i may get it on xbox, if it's anything like the screenshots on the internet i'm sure it's gonna be even better on that big ol' screen. however the controls are worrying on the xbox but i guess this is the same dilemma girls get with high heels: it's the price you gotta pay to look good.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #79
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Quote:
and fop for your information the first game had levels that set the standards for the rest of the games. look at the level where you gotta sniper the triad member. didn't you feel a rush when that elevator was going up for the first time and 47 was assembling his sniper rifle? or what about when you trapped that guy in the sauna and put the temperature up and suffocated him on the heat? this game is fantastic and so well presented, shame on you mr.fop. (also the ballers in the first game didn't make anyone fly as ridiculously as in the second, plus hitman never had bullet time, just slow motion)
I said it had a couple of decent levels, apart from those two there was one Triad level where two leaders met in a cafe or something, that was good. The final Triad mission was also excellent. But the sniping mission for example is really, really simplistic. It works because it's so simple it doesn't display the flaws of the game, but it's also very easy and short. Then there are levels like the jungle levels... terrible.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #80
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fop
I said it had a couple of decent levels, apart from those two there was one Triad level where two leaders met in a cafe or something, that was good. The final Triad mission was also excellent. But the sniping mission for example is really, really simplistic. It works because it's so simple it doesn't display the flaws of the game, but it's also very easy and short. Then there are levels like the jungle levels... terrible.
yeah the first few jungle levels were pretty bad, or at least the first one is with the golden statue. that's the only one that is standalone complete bull****. but what about if you missed the shot on the sniper level? you get this anxious panic to rush and shoot that guy on the street! (he gets away every time) then that helicopter starts trying to mow you down with an m60... brilliant. especially at the time i was most impressed.