You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Hitman: Blood Money

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2004, 10:56 AM   #1

Default Hitman: Blood Money

Link:
http://pc.boomtown.net/en_uk/article...ew.php?id=6604

Quote:
Hitman: Blood Money announced
Hit me baby one more time…

Agent 47 is set to return in the spring in Hitman: Blood Money, the latest assassination game from Eidos/Io Interactive.

The gimmick this time around is that Agent 47 is paid in cash. How that money is spent will affect Agent 47's passage through the game and the weapons he has at his disposal changing the game for each player.

The plot centres on 47's contract agency, The ICA. It seems members of the agency are being bumped off by a mysterious rival and it's up to the player to survive and discover who is behind this violent corporate takeover.

"The Hitman series is one of Eidos’ biggest franchises," said Eidos CEO Mike McGarvey. "And goes from strength to strength with every new instalment. Io-Interactive is one of the world’s most accomplished developers, and yet again has raised the stakes in terms of graphics and gameplay with Hitman: Blood Money."

"Considerable time and effort has been spent developing a new version of the Glacier engine that enables us to implement many new and exciting features," Janos Flösser, managing director of Io-Interactive added. "The quality of the graphics and A.I. surpasses even our own expectations and this combined with a gripping narrative and the introduction of some really inventive characters makes us confident that Blood Money will be the greatest Hitman title to date."

Developed by Io Interactive, Hitman Blood Money will be released worldwide in spring 2005 on PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

Source: Eidos
Old 11-04-2004, 11:30 AM   #2
guybrush_guy

meh....

never been a fan of hitman

Old 11-04-2004, 11:53 AM   #3
Irritant F0rum Beasty

I wander, is this actually going to be a new game, or just the previous games repackaged....again.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 11-04-2004, 12:32 PM   #4

I hope they'll actually produce some completely new missions this time, perhaps even further improve the gameplay. Also, is anyone else concerned by the order of which the platforms are mentioned?
Quote:
Developed by Io Interactive, Hitman Blood Money will be released worldwide in spring 2005 on PlayStation 2, Xbox and pc.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:02 PM   #5

Sounds like a new story:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11...s_6112373.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Spot
Eidos also laid out Blood Money's basic plot: When his coworkers at the assassination agency ICA are getting whacked, series antihero Agent 47 is forced underground--ere he becomes the next target. He travels from his usual European digs to the good ol' USA, where he goes into business for himself.

Hitman: Blood Money will also live up to its name gameplay-wise. Since Agent 47 is now--no pun intended--a free agent, he is paid in cash, which he will use to buy weapons and pay informants, affecting the game's outcome. Blood money will also feature a revamped version of Io's Glacier engine, as well as the series' requisite shootings, bludgeonings, stabbings, garrotings, smotherings, car bombings, and other assorted means of human disposal.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:09 PM   #6

That'll probably be the game's only new gimmick then, I guess, although I doubt it'll actually provide diverse gameplay.. A new "cash system", it sounds more like those guys at IO Interactive have been playing too much NFS: Underground or something, in fact why didn't they just call it Hitman: Underground
Old 11-04-2004, 05:00 PM   #7
Bogart incarnate

Send a message via ICQ to HeinzHarald

I just wish IO were as good at telling stories as they are creating gameplay. I've played all three and they all felt like great gameplay completely out of context. When the novelty wear off there isn't much to keep you going. Kept my interest the entire first game, about halfway through the second and only a couple of levels into the third.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:16 PM   #8
lurking

sounds fun... but i got to finish the last game before I buy another one.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:40 PM   #9
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
I hope they'll actually produce some completely new missions this time, perhaps even further improve the gameplay. Also, is anyone else concerned by the order of which the platforms are mentioned?
How revolutionary can the graphics be when they're making it for a nearly defunct system first (ps2). I would rather it was an announcement for next gen consoles. Maybe Eidos will do a Lara Croft/Hitman crossover story next, if you get my drift.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:14 AM   #10
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Wow. That comes out soon. This really does sound like another kinda expansion pack like Contracts was.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 11-05-2004, 10:27 AM   #11
Homer of Kittens

Another Hitman is definitely not a game I'm looking forward to. I dunno why but Eidos seems to be spewing out the same type of games over and over again (Lara Croft anybody??)

Firefox rules
Old 11-05-2004, 01:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Another Hitman is definitely not a game I'm looking forward to. I dunno why but Eidos seems to be spewing out the same type of games over and over again (Lara Croft anybody??)
A lot of sequels suffer from the repetition syndrome.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:21 AM   #13
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Sure, when Eidos "spews" out the same gameplay, it's shite, but when Rockstar does it it's pure gold!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #14

i heard dis game is meant to have alot of new things

theres a new action where u can push ppl off balconys and stairs or ne other high ledges.

there will now be blood trails, bullet holes and blood stains so its harder to hide bodies and u cant really go around in cloths that are covered in bullet holes and blood stains. so u better start using the fiber wire or head shots

also now u can hide bodies in dumpsters onli bad thin is the release date keeps changin, i dont think it will ever come out
Old 08-02-2005, 08:26 PM   #15
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I take the release date changes as a good thing. They're putting a lot of effort into this one, unlike the last Hitman.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 08-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #16
SamNMax

That's some kickass wallpaper.

Old 08-03-2005, 12:28 AM   #17
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjko
Sure, when Eidos "spews" out the same gameplay, it's shite, but when Rockstar does it it's pure gold!
Well, at least the GTA series is good, solid stuff. I can't remember the last time Eidos actually made something good, which is sad as they're a UK publisher.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:47 AM   #18
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
I can't remember the last time Eidos actually made something good, which is sad as they're a UK publisher.
Hitman 2? Personally, I thought it was a whole lot better than Vice City. But of course, I'm not a big fan of the 3D incarnations of GTA.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:54 AM   #19
Evil Webmaster

I guess really nobody could imagine that a poorly designed C64 clone like GTA would transform in 4/5 years into themosthypedgameever.
And they only needed to make it in 3d and add prostitutes to make people love it; game developers can really see there's a lesson to be learned here.
Make an adventure game where you're freeeeeeeeeeeee to do whatever you waaaaaaant (in the end, doing nothing at all), with prostitutes and lousy 3d graphics, you'll be faamooouusssss!

Oh and never been a hitman fan either, I've been trying to sell 1+2 for ever.
So there you go
Old 08-03-2005, 03:29 AM   #20
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Heh, damn he chose a bad location to do sniping. His silhouette can be seen miles away