You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Hitman: Blood Money

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2006, 08:41 AM   #41
merely human

Yep. I checked Live last night and it's available to download on my 360. Sweet, I may do that tonight.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-26-2006, 11:34 AM   #42
merely human

Well, I played the demo last night. It's a bit ironic, it feels like there's no improvement and/or progression from the previous games. Gameplay-wise it's ordinary, with little room for the player's own improvisation. For example, I would've loved to have picked up and thrown random objects to distract guards, but all they gave me were these stupid coins, and I couldn't even toss them, only drop them where 47 stood.

The sniper mode is disappointing mainly because there are no hit points on the targets. I shot a guard in the arm and he fell over dead. Hmmmm.

There are no hotkeys (at least for the 360 console) for things like binoculars, you need to go into the inventory and cycle to them.

The graphics are painfully outdated, not much different from Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. You would think they'd take advantage of the next gen tech to truly ramp up the look and feel of this game. Instead, it looks blocky, clunky and inelegant. Which wouldn't be so bad, I suppose, if the gameplay had been revamped as well to allow more spontaneity.

Overall I wouldn't waste $50-60 on this, I'd wait til it went on sale for PC, or turned up used and much cheaper for next gen console. Gamespy summed it up succintly by stating it's "...basically just another next-gen port of a current-gen game".
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 05-26-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #43

damn...well i imagine graphics on the pc are likely to be much better than console they always are...and to be honest FPS/3rdperson shooters is always better on PC anyway.

its only 17.99 to buy in the uk
mad cheap
Old 05-27-2006, 01:31 AM   #44
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

PC games are so cheap compared to console games. Gotta love it.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 05-27-2006, 04:52 AM   #45

can soemone get the pc specs for this

not sure my computer will run it

HDD 120gb
Athalon 2800ghz
Ram 512
Geforce 4 256mb
Old 05-27-2006, 05:42 AM   #46
Super Moderator

Copied straight from the readme:
Quote:
The minimum system requirements are as follows:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Microsoft Windows 2000/ Microsoft Windows XP (admin rights required) 95/98/ME/NT not supported.
CPU:
Pentium 4 1.5GHz or Athlon XP equivalent
RAM:
512MB system Memory
GRAPHICS:
Direct3D 9 compliant cards supporting pixel shader 2.0 (nVidia GeForce FX or ATi Radeon 9500)
SOUND:
Direct X compatible sound card
DVD-ROM:
DVD-ROM drive
HARD DRIVE:
5GB Free Space
INPUT DEVICES:
Keyboard and mouse

The recommended system requirements are as follows:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Microsoft Windows 2000/ Microsoft Windows XP (admin rights required) 95/98/ME/NT not supported.
CPU:
Pentium 4 2.4GHz or Athlon XP/64bit Equivalent
RAM:
1GB system Memory
GRAPHICS:
ATI X800 series, nVidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card
SOUND:
Direct X compatible sound card
DVD-ROM:
DVD-ROM drive
HARD DRIVE:
5GB
INPUT DEVICES:
Keyboard and 3 button mouse
Old 05-27-2006, 05:50 AM   #47

I need more ram :/
i got twin shit

and asus motherboard wheres best place to shop?
Old 05-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #48
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

What a disappointing demo. Out of everything they can give us, they just give us a straightforward tutorial level that offers really no exploration or freedom. And there's nothing new. Oh wait, you can hide bodies in shit and throw coins. Never mind, I stand corrected, that makes me want to buy it.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 05-27-2006, 05:46 PM   #49
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

its just a tutorial level? Dam I was hoping to see if it was a more cronological story that Contracts, but by the trailer it sound like it could be
Old 05-29-2006, 02:16 AM   #50
Game fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Well, I played the demo last night. It's a bit ironic, it feels like there's no improvement and/or progression from the previous games. Gameplay-wise it's ordinary, with little room for the player's own improvisation. For example, I would've loved to have picked up and thrown random objects to distract guards, but all they gave me were these stupid coins, and I couldn't even toss them, only drop them where 47 stood.
You can throw them. It's just a bit less intuitive than you'd expect. Don't even remember off the top of my head how you did it.

Quote:
The sniper mode is disappointing mainly because there are no hit points on the targets. I shot a guard in the arm and he fell over dead. Hmmmm.
If this is true for the actual game (and not only the tutorial) then yes, it's disappointing.

Quote:
There are no hotkeys (at least for the 360 console) for things like binoculars, you need to go into the inventory and cycle to them.
With the amount of weapons and tools you could potentially bring, I feel it is to be tolerated that not all of them can be assigned a hotkey.

Quote:
The graphics are painfully outdated, not much different from Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. You would think they'd take advantage of the next gen tech to truly ramp up the look and feel of this game. Instead, it looks blocky, clunky and inelegant. Which wouldn't be so bad, I suppose, if the gameplay had been revamped as well to allow more spontaneity.
I think it's markedly better looking than Hitman 2, even though I agree that it's not what it could have been. Bear in mind that it's more of a current-gen-project with normal mapping, than a true next-gen tech title. I believe for example that most of the enviornments are the exact same polygonal meshes as on the PS2, although with better texturing and more effects.

Quote:
Overall I wouldn't waste $50-60 on this, I'd wait til it went on sale for PC, or turned up used and much cheaper for next gen console. Gamespy summed it up succintly by stating it's "...basically just another next-gen port of a current-gen game".
I think it's better than what you give it credit for, especially if you base your opinions on the demo, as it's not quite representative. The more brilliant parts of the game design -- particularly the open mission designs, grand puzzles waiting to be solved perfectly -- are not seen at all during the demo.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:12 AM   #51

and you play it on a console!!!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:21 AM   #52
merely human

What's your point? Are you being a snob or something?
Old 05-30-2006, 02:58 AM   #53
woof

He's not being a snob! He's being true to himself!

Or whatever, on a similar note you do get hotkeys for each item in the PC versions of the hitman games
Old 05-30-2006, 07:53 AM   #54

Quote:
What's your point? Are you being a snob or something?
lol no i can't afford console i just always feels these types of games are better on the pc

graphics
control
Old 05-30-2006, 08:14 AM   #55
merely human

They are better on PC, yes, but I'm sick of having to deal with upgrading all that hardware shit and worrying whether I have to spend another $100-200 on a graphics card, my motherboard, RAM, etc. etc. I just want to enjoy the game, instead of screwing around with my PC's guts.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #56
woof

So to anyone whos got it, whats it compared to Contracts? I really hopes its allot better, Contracts felt kinda like a step back from Deadly assasin
Old 05-31-2006, 07:12 AM   #57
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Hitman is actually a game that works quite well on consoles.

I haven't played Contracts, but Blood Money is easily better than Silent Assassin. I've competed the first four levels after the tutorial (on Pro with Silent Assassin rating) and the levels have been really brilliant. The fifth level is awesome, the streets are *packed* with people. I'm talking about about two for every square meter. I've never seen anything like that in a game.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:19 AM   #58
woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fop
Hitman is actually a game that works quite well on consoles.

I haven't played Contracts, but Blood Money is easily better than Silent Assassin. I've competed the first four levels after the tutorial (on Pro with Silent Assassin rating) and the levels have been really brilliant. The fifth level is awesome, the streets are *packed* with people. I'm talking about about two for every square meter. I've never seen anything like that in a game.
I just finished Contracts and by the looks of it...it doesnt seem like its a sequel. Most of the missions are apparently just rehashes of the first games missions and theres only a tiny bit of story and thats more like an introduction to Blood Moneys story.

One thing I really want to know is, do you get to choose your weapons before every mission? and is there also a progressing story between each hit?
Old 05-31-2006, 11:20 AM   #59
Super Moderator

Yes, and yes (I've only played the first few missions so far though).
Old 05-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #60
Party On Dudes

slayed this game, silent assassin rating on nearly every level on PRO.

it's a great game and so much better than the last two. obviously not as classic as the original one but the levels are all fantastic and the updated features are perfected now. if anyone is having second thoughts about buying this all i can say is the music is awesome, the flaws are minimal, and there is a point in the game where you can dress up as a clown and hack people to bits with a big ol' kitchen knife/garden shears/your forehead...

(i would say i'm looking forward to the film but Vin Diesel has been rumoured to play 47. i can't stand Vin Diesel.)

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop