You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Hitman: Blood Money

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2005, 06:07 AM   #21
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fop
Heh, damn he chose a bad location to do sniping. His silhouette can be seen miles away
I think he's going for style. Style.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:55 PM   #22

http://www.tothegame.com/screenshot.asp?id=3684

Bunch of new screenshots, can't for wait this game.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:18 AM   #23

If you gonna make a hitman thread do it properly...

I didn't remember until last week that this was coming out and reading all the info I can find has me hyped as hell, more than any other game at the moment

Peep: http://www.hitmanforum.com/show.php?id=24788&catid=36

Mike McGarvey, ceo of Eidos says:
"The Hitman series is one of Eidos’ biggest franchises and goes from strength to strength with every new instalment. Io-Interactive is one of the world’s most accomplished developers, and yet again has raised the stakes in terms of graphics and gameplay with Hitman: Blood Money."

Janos Flösser, managing director of Io-Interactive says:
"Considerable time and effort has been spent developing a new version of the Glacier engine that enables us to implement many new and exciting features. The quality of the graphics and A.I. surpasses even our own expectations and this combined with a gripping narrative and the introduction of some really inventive characters makes us confident that Blood Money will be the greatest Hitman title to date."

Game Facts
Full Title: "Hitman: Blood Money"
Developer: IO Interactive
Publisher: Eidos
Release date : Winter of 2005
Genre: Strategic Shooter
Platforms: Windows 95 / 98 / XP, Xbox, and PlayStation2.
Official Site: www.hitmanbloodmoney.com
PC Requirements: Unknown

New Features
Updated 'Glacier' engine, with 'parallax normal mapping', 'refraction based effects' and 'rigid body dynamics'.

Ability to push characters, sometimes off of great heights.

Free Roaming Camera.

128 Ratings compared to the 30 in Contracts

Newspaper/Noriety ratings.

Hiding bodies in dumpsters or carts.

AI will now notice weapons on the ground and follow blood trails to bodies.

Many modifications to 47's 5 principle weapons.

Holding people hostage.

Close combat moves. Head Butt comfirmed.

Ability to hide your weapon behind your back or inside your coat from enemy view.

Save function will remain the same.

No kids at all and no female targets.

18+ Mature Rating.

Ability to toss weapons over metal detectors if no one is watching.

A blazing battle has been mentioned for the final level.

Hundreds of newspaper variations depending on how the hit was preformed

You'll need to buy new identification if your noriety gets too high.

Paying to silence witnesses to your crimes.

Certain gun modifications will make the weapon impervious to metal detectors.

A high noriety rating will make newspaper articles and posters of 47's face in the next mission. The newspaper articles are detailed to the point of telling you how many shots were fired (will most likely take the place of the rating we're used to).

A new crowd system that allows 3000-4000 fully 3D-modeled and functional entities to be in a level. That means 47 can attack/interact with any of these characters at will.

A new "rookie" rating is in the game that simply reduces artificial intelligence in your enemies.
"47 can also climb fences, ledges, ladders, and into the ceiling compartments of elevators."

Objectives are divided into primary, secondary and tertiary priorities with targets of opportunity appearing in a small box in the left corner to notify you.

Leaving 47's normal attire, his briefcase, sniper, or trusty ballers on the scene will have a negative effect on your rating. "IO's system is great. It tracks and tallies everything you do, incorporating your actions into a global system that rewards and/or punishes you for your deeds or misdeeds."

Knife throwing (a debated issue among the forum) has now been confirmed from the trailer.

Bullet holes have been confirmed.

Confirmed Locations
Paris
Rocky Mountains
Las Vegas
Mississippi

Suspected Missions
Afterlife Party
Chile
Suburban America
Nursing Home
Political Assassination

Confirmed Weapons
Silver Ballers
Syringe
Baseball Bat
Hammer
Nailgun
Fiber Wire
WA2000 Sniper
Dragunov/SVD Sniper
Steyer TMP SMG
Heckler and Koch G11
MP5 submachine gun
Shotgun
Meat Clever

Comfirmed Characters

Agent 47

To some he is an urban legend, but to anyone who has encountered him and is still alive, Agent 47 is the worlds deadliest assassin, a hitman with a 100 percent hit rate and an unfaltering dedication to his work. His name originates from a barcode on the back of his head, 640509-040147, a serial number that marks his place in a series of cloning experiments designed to create an army of assassins. Hitman's deadly reputation has made him the most highly paid assassin at his contract agency, but his notoriety is no good thing. When a hitmans identity is known it becomes harder work to stay alive.

Diana
Diana is the only link and contact that Agent 47 has to the ICA - The International Contract Agency. As the contracts, briefings and information on targets are mainly dealt with through The ICA, Diana plays an important and vital role. Her position in the company hierarchy is unknown, and how she's able to gather all this crucial information is an even bigger mystery. Even though they have never met, trust is the keyword, and Agent 47 will instinctively know when something is wrong.

Alaxander Leland Cayne

Alexander Leland Cayne, is a near genius, from an extremely wealthy background. Sadly, a budding career in politics and science was temporarily marred when a work accident left him paralysed from the waist down. This never stopped Cayne, who continued his work and became a very prominent businessman and advisor. However, he has never been able to shake his suspicion that his accident could have been an assassination attempt. For this reason he has studied the profiles of assassins and is now somewhat of an expert in the field.

The Albino
Targeting the world’s deadliest assassin is no easy task and it takes more than one assassin. The most powerful and dangerous of these is Mark Parchezzi III a.k.a. the Albino. An expert assassin and master of disguises, he is able to blend in to the background like a chameleon to carry out subversive operations.

Corky the Clown

Life's not easy when you are a clown. Entertaining kids is hard work, particularly when your heart's just not in it. Corky never really wanted to wear a wig or a red nose. He used to have a car rental business but when that went bust this seemed like a good option, he could be funny when he was sober. His main party trick is making animals out of balloons but no one can ever guess what they are on account of the fact he’s not very good and normally drunk.

The Sheikh
If there's a deal to be done in the States, it's no surprise that Mohammed bin Faisal Al-Khalifa would choose Las Vegas to conduct his business. As CEO of Arpix, Inc an Arabian pharmaceutical export company, he has made billions from fat cat government contracts, reportedly linked to biological and chemical agents for military use, and has developed a serious love for gambling. He travels in a caravan of Bentleys with an entourage of loyal bodyguards and very much enjoys the finer things in life - cigars, fine wines, caviar, exotic dancers - anything linked to luxury and good old fashioned debauchery.

The Black Widow
Margeaux Le Blanc appears to have it all. Smart, pretty and the daughter of one of the richest men in the Mississippi region, she is set to marry a man who stands in line to inherit just as much wealth, power and influence as her. Every excessive and extravagant detail for the wedding has been planned to perfection, but events for this priveleged lady are about to take a turn for the worse.

The Captain
Skip Muldoon, is the proud captain of the "Duke of Louisiana," an old steamer that's a big tourist attraction on the Mississippi. Apart from his boat, he loves anything that's been deep fried and all the cute guys who work on board. When he's not eying them up, he can be found on deck taking pot shots at the gators swimming around the banks of the river. Skip also operates a sideline business with the Crab Island boys, a gang of rednecks from his small home town in Tennessee, who all just happen to be relatives... somewhere along the line.

------------------------

Old 02-22-2006, 04:12 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-Z
I see the franchise hasn't lost its near infinite possibilities to complete a mission
Old 02-22-2006, 07:30 AM   #25
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

The only one ive really played and completed was the second one, I loved how the ballers would cause guys to somersault over buildings

The third one toned them down too much
Old 02-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #26
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I loved Hitman 2. If this were released for Gamecube I'd buy it.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:37 AM   #27

Yea it was cool when the ballers were like rocket launchers in a hand gun
Old 02-23-2006, 06:25 AM   #28
woof

Quote:
No kids at all and no female targets.
What? Now thats just sexist and patronizing to kids.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:19 AM   #29

its an adult game for men.

Get used to it lol
Old 03-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #30
woof

Exactly! FOR men! so everyone but men should be the targets

But I still dont see why they think its not ok to go killing Women and Children but its perfectly fine to have you killing guys...We have as much right to live as anyone else
Old 03-02-2006, 03:47 AM   #31

LOL, I think killing children is little more disturbing
Old 03-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #32

Some awesome new screenshots here: http://www.jeux-france.com/news14881...-infiltre.html

Mardi Gras mother****er!
Old 03-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #33
woof

And ladies, equal rights win!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:36 AM   #34

this friday suckas
Old 05-25-2006, 07:17 AM   #35
Master of time and space

This look like my kind of game! Unless the censor it of course. I like uncensored games where it's possible to be politically incorrect :-)
A list of such games that I like
  • Syndicate
  • Sanitarium (doesn't allow you to be politically incorrect, but it's uncensored)
  • Grand theft auto
  • Fahrenheit (before the amusement park)
  • Fallout
  • + some that I've forgotten

Last edited by MdaG; 05-25-2006 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:25 AM   #36
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Syndicate?

I can't say I'm a fan of how the team uses racial and gender stereotypes :/
Old 05-25-2006, 07:31 AM   #37
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fop
Syndicate?

I can't say I'm a fan of how the team uses racial and gender stereotypes :/
Well to be honest I haven't played it since I was 13 so I can't recall anything of what you mention, but at the time I thought it was fresh air.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:36 AM   #38
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG
Well to be honest I haven't played it since I was 13 so I can't recall anything of what you mention, but at the time I thought it was fresh air.
Oh, I was actually talking about the Hitman games. I was just wondering what politically incorrect stuff Syndicate had, hence the first line.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:43 AM   #39
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fop
Oh, I was actually talking about the Hitman games. I was just wondering what politically incorrect stuff Syndicate had, hence the first line.
Hehe ok. Well by politically incorrect I suppose one could choose to murder people for simply being in a crowd I know that Syndicate isn't alone in allowing the player to do so, but at the time I think it was.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:35 AM   #40
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

This game is coming to the 360 too, btw.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives