You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2004, 10:21 AM   #1
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig
Default Doom 3 Gold!!!

http://www.shacknews.com/finger/?fid...idsoftware.com

Attention people, Doom3 has today gone gold!!

Lucky bastards as you americans are, you're going to get the game on 5th of August, and some of you who are extra lucky, will propably get it sooner.

Us europeans will get the game on 13th of August, it's going to be a Real Doomsday!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:33 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Lucky bastards as you americans are, you're going to get the game on 5th of August, and some of you who are extra lucky, will propably get it sooner.

Us europeans will get the game on 13th of August, it's going to be a Real Doomsday!
6th August isn't too bad for the UK either
Old 07-14-2004, 10:47 AM   #3
The Reggienator

God damn United Kingdom
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:57 AM   #4
guybrush_guy

i was exicted about this game at one point in time untill i found out that it's also a compition issuse between ATI and Nvidea
I've always been a fan of ATI, since day 1, so i choose not to support the game. i dont know why (well, i do..kinda) but i hate Nvidea with a passion. :eek:

Last edited by guybrush_guy; 07-14-2004 at 11:02 AM.

Old 07-14-2004, 10:58 AM   #5
Mostly absent

It's nice that the wait is finally over (almost). It was about time! Let's just hope that it will live up to the hype.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:03 AM   #6
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
I've always been a fan of ATI, since day 1, so i choose not to support the game. i dont know why (well, i do..kinda) but i hate Nvidea with a passion. :eek:
I'm also a proud owner of an ATI card and I must also confess that I'm no big fan of Nvidia. I guess it's because they are the bigger company and I always (almost ) support the smaller company.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #7
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
I'm also a proud owner of an ATI card and I must also confess that I'm no big fan of Nvidia. I guess it's because they are the bigger company and I always (almost ) support the smaller company.
I personally couldn't really care either way. I'll go with whoever has the faster card at the time. This time ATI won out:

My new X800 Pro arrived today.

Old 07-14-2004, 11:23 AM   #8

Yeah guybrush is absolutely right, me being a fanboy of ATi myself n all
But there's no doubt I will get this game, I just need to see what they've aemulated (not emulated, aemulatio) over the previous Doom experiences. I hope to god it'll make me feel like that 9-year old playing Doom in a dark room at 2AM with headphones :eek:
Old 07-14-2004, 11:32 AM   #9
The Reggienator

But remember this:

"In less than 3 weeks we will be playing Doom 3. Lights turned off, speakers blasted louder than previously thought possible, underpants soiled each and every night."

There's also some info like this:

A 1.5 Ghz processor is the least recommended, but a 2Ghz and above will help since the sound engine is entirely CPU dependant.

It means, that echoes etc. are produced with the CPU and not with the sound card. That's wild!

EDIT: Here's the official countdown page for Doom

Union Aerospace Corporation:
http://www.ua-corp.com/

And the secret password is: HBQDBDHQGYSK

Last edited by Kolzig; 07-14-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:08 PM   #10

I can hear cries of w00t echoing across the internet
Old 07-14-2004, 12:44 PM   #11
guybrush_guy

I'll admit it!
i downloaded the beta and the sound is very creepy, and i mean creepy. i have a 5.1 sound system with an SB adudigy pro 2. when you first enter the game your hear voices that circle your head, it sounds amazing. this games plays a lot on sound.
aside from the sound, you could only walk around 3 large rooms. the beta did'nt have much else to offer besides the nice engine that showed off the pritty graphics. even thoe this game does look realy good i'm still sticking by my friend ATI and getting half-life 2 instead

Old 07-14-2004, 02:30 PM   #12
After 2 years...

"WOW, i can't believe those grafics...

I can't wait for a game that uses that engine..."
you are in a
Dreamfall
Old 07-14-2004, 02:36 PM   #13
Hopeful skeptic

I'm pretty anti-hype at the best of times, but I'm surprising myself by how little I'm anticipating this release. I mean, I'll definitely get it, but I'll probably wait a bit for a sale. No doubt the game will be very good, but other than nostalgia and cutting edge graphics, is there anything to suggest this game will really distinguish itself?
Old 07-14-2004, 02:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleto4_ryan
"WOW, i can't believe those grafics...

I can't wait for a game that uses that engine..."
Splash Damage is creating a (probably primarily MP) game based on the Doom 3 engine, and I'm guessing that's just one of fifty companies waiting in line to get a license..
Old 07-14-2004, 02:50 PM   #15
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
I'm pretty anti-hype at the best of times, but I'm surprising myself by how little I'm anticipating this release. I mean, I'll definitely get it, but I'll probably wait a bit for a sale. No doubt the game will be very good, but other than nostalgia and cutting edge graphics, is there anything to suggest this game will really distinguish itself?
the beta i played did'nt have anything interesting besides the sound and graphics, i'm not sure if this game was using the HAVOC physics engine or not becuase there was'nt that many "wow" segments. when you shot a zombie in the arm it did move as if you shot it, but not realisticly
then agin whens the last time you shot a zombie in the arm

Old 07-14-2004, 02:51 PM   #16
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
No doubt the game will be very good, but other than nostalgia and cutting edge graphics, is there anything to suggest this game will really distinguish itself?
It's going to be an excellent single player experience. It's not your everyday FPS. Just wait and see!

I am very excited! The videos of gameplay and all the interviews have had me excited for this title for some time. And now it's time to play! This is what I bought my AMD FX-51 for!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:20 PM   #17
Hopeful skeptic

I totally hope you're right, eriq. I just haven't really followed it too closely. Having been overhyped on other sequels (Unreal, Deus Ex, etc.), I'm more reserved now. Although having said that, I'm already Half-Life 2's biatch.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:02 PM   #18
Part time writer for hire

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray

And the power hungry FPS train keeps on rollin'!!

Can't wait for DOOM 3, this thing looks the hot sh**!!

My (not so well designed) bowling website, complete with pictures from our golden pin victory!

C'MON!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2004, 04:07 PM   #19

ohmygod...

this will be *THE* game. Period.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threepwood
ohmygod...

this will be *THE* game. Period.
You clearly don't belong here. Period.