You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2004, 01:20 PM   #221
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Spoiler:
Oh sweet dziizuz!
I'm loving the chainsaw and plasmagun!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:00 PM   #222
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMaster
Oh by the way, did anyone notice the slight resemblance between Chris Vrenna's Doom 3 Theme and Lateralus by Tool?
i thought the same as well, even thoe it does sound fimular i dont think it's was a rip off. chris is a good producer and usualy makes some good orgional stuff

Old 08-17-2004, 12:57 AM   #223
Evil Webmaster

That's why I was a bit disappointed, I've known Vrenna to be a good produced and a solid musician, I mean he could have done way better than this 'run-of-the-mill' hard rock theme that sounds like Static-X doing industrial metal. I mean, the sounds he created for the game are quite good, if not perfect, so why this poor game theme?

Ok, maybe it's not that important, but I still remember the great music of the first level of Doom and Doom II; even if those were MIDIs, they still sound better than Doom 3's theme!
So there you go
Old 08-20-2004, 06:45 AM   #224
The Reggienator

Some people just have talent to customize their rigs

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....1&page=1&pp=20

this Doom themed is especially looking quite awesome, the project is still under construction.

http://www.modcam.net/
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:02 AM   #225
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Some people just have talent to customize their rigs

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....1&page=1&pp=20

this Doom themed is especially looking quite awesome, the project is still under construction.

http://www.modcam.net/
It is yet to be seen whether or not it will beat the HL2 "Black Mesa" rig that was made a while back, but this one definitely looks like it will give it some good competition.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:25 PM   #226
The Reggienator

I just completed DooMÂł about 12 minutes ago and I gotta tell everybody, I love this game.
I think this is the game of the year for me, if no surprises rise in the last months of this year.

Spoiler:
Cyberdemon, just fooking awesome!

Old 08-22-2004, 07:29 PM   #227

I was playing it just a moment ago, I was at Delta Labs 1, and it was pretty scary. GREAT game. IMHO, the best FPS since Duke Nukem 3D (Half-Life is overrated).
Old 08-22-2004, 10:41 PM   #228
merely human

Our own Jake Rodkins has written an editorial over at Idle Thumbs regarding that wretched flashlight that left Doom 3 players so wanting:

Sex, lies, and duct tape mods

Highly recommended!

Oh, I haven't yet had the pleasure of playing this gloomy title. So spank me!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-23-2004, 01:48 AM   #229
The Reggienator

http://montinola.org/videos/alpha.wmv

This is great.

Old 08-24-2004, 01:46 AM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
That's hilarious
Please let us know when/if there are new episodes.