You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Alan Wake (AWAKE) Thread...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggreen737 View Post
Well, the latest trailer has SOME in game footage in it (mostly 3rd person Alan walking around) but it goes by so quick you won't get anything out of it. The ones that aren't real are the 2 posted on youtube that have gotten all the hits, that are a first-person view of a flashlight shining in some bluish woods.
Oh right, it's a pain when those youtube guys fake things
Click Here to view screenshots
Old 03-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSkeng View Post
Oh right, it's a pain when those youtube guys fake things
I think its the same people that smash ice cream cones in kids faces
Old 03-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #23
Restless Dreamer

Just heard there should be some fresh news coming out of GDC very soon about this puppy. Yay! Stay tuned...
All Time Faves: Silent Hill 2, Scratches: Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus
Old 03-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #24

Don't get your hopes too high up though ^^
Old 04-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #25

Atmosphere looks awesome though it sounds a tad ambitious. But it is very hard to put in superstitions, horror aspects and even science/technology while ensuring the story remains credible and is meaty.

Oh I haven't played the Silent Hill series though but that's my impression of many "horror-based" stories since it's still writing, no matter what the medium. Though since this is a game, of course they'll put in audio-visual sequences and events instead of just words. :p

And since they're intending to turn it into a series with shorter episodes being released, let's see how it works out, eh?
Old 04-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #26

Quote:
And since they're intending to turn it into a series with shorter episodes being released, let's see how it works out, eh?
Holy S, I completely didn't know that! Wow, just totally overlooked that fact. I have mixed feelings about that, I'm kind of put off a little bit
Old 04-05-2009, 03:08 AM   #27

Yeah I'd rather it was just released as a whole game tbh rather than in episodes.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:13 AM   #28

They said the narrative structure will be like a tv series, like each chapter being a single episode with its own story arch and cliffhanger ending. I don't think it will be released literally in episodes. I think it will be released as a full single game, i might be wrong though.

Anyway, i love max payne series, love Remedy and Sam Lake writing, so i'm really looking forward for Alan Wake, and it was inspired by Twin Peaks, my favourite tv series
Old 04-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #29
Banned User

Yeah, sadly there was no announcement at GDC this year. Not to mention that Max Payne 3 was announced, and not being developed by Remedy.

Either the company is having financial problems, or they are going to pull a Duke Nukem Forever stunt.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
They said the narrative structure will be like a tv series, like each chapter being a single episode with its own story arch and cliffhanger ending. I don't think it will be released literally in episodes. I think it will be released as a full single game, i might be wrong though.

Anyway, i love max payne series, love Remedy and Sam Lake writing, so i'm really looking forward for Alan Wake, and it was inspired by Twin Peaks, my favourite tv series
Yeah, I live 20 minutes from Seattle, and I dug Twin Peaks, although I watched it in like 2004 and was slightly bored by it. I really hope they go t like Half Life x2 in terms of episode length
Old 04-06-2009, 02:41 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
You are right about that. I kinda missed that info, sorry.

Quote:
Taken from their FAQ:

Will there be any Alan Wake sequels?

Yes. Alan Wake is going to be part of a series. Each game is part of a “season” of a TV-series style template.

There will also be multiple endings for Alan Wake, setting the story up for future episodes.

http://www.alanwake.com/forum/showpo...63&postcount=3
Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #32
merely human

THE E3 TRAILER (flash based HD version)

THE FIRST PLAYABLE DEMO SHOWING at E3 (presented by Sam Lake, the model for the original Max Payne

For those of you who own an X360, download it there to see it best.

O god. It's like playing deep inside a high budget horror suspense movie.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 06-03-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #33
kamikaze hummingbirds

Kalloo Kallay!!
Old 06-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #34

Man, it looks freakin' incredible. I can't wait to play this.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:21 AM   #35
kamikaze hummingbirds

It's unfortunate that, by the time it's released, I probably won't have access to a 360...
Old 06-03-2009, 06:13 AM   #36
The Quiet One

Ooh, i really can't wait for this.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-03-2009, 06:45 AM   #37
J.H
Frak.

Glad it's not been cancelled looks great, although I doubt I'll play this if it's seperate camera control.

Last edited by J.H; 06-03-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:19 AM   #38
Headbanger

I'm really excited about this one.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #39

HAH YES! It's totally living up to my expectations. I've had This exact idea since about 2002, after reading Stephen Kings Dreamcatcher. I even half-pitched (as in had beers and dinner at his house a couple times) the idea of a horror writer in the pacific northwest to a friend of mine in Seattle who works in IT and knows some people. Nothing ever came of it, but I've been hoping for someone to finally bring the idea around.

and HERE IT IS!!!

If this game sucks I will officially lose interest in living
Old 06-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #40

The concept vaguely reminds me of Stephen King's Secret Window. There's most definitely a King vibe here too...