You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Alan Wake (AWAKE) Thread...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #61
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
Its going to be released onto the PC, then we discover that its a consolized buggy piece of crap...
I think this is a worry that you should write to Remedy and Microsoft about. For me it's not such an issue because I no longer game on PC and instead do it on my Xbox 360.

You should write these companies and tell them what you just wrote here.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #62
Banned User

Didn't work with Rockstar with Bully. It still is an unpatched bugfest. Despite how long it took to port to the PC after the 360.

EDIT: Woops, they finally fixed the game. yay. :| Now I have to reinstall it.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #63

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
Anyway, i completely understand Microsoft position, they have to sell consoles and they dont give a damn to the PC gaming market.
The reason that Microsoft don't care about the PC market compared to the console market is because it's not as profitable. I can't help but think that if they didn't insist that all PC games they get involved in were only compatible with the latest version of windows they'd be making more money.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
And that's the reality. For a better chance for Alan Wake to be ported to PC (and most likely optimized for PC with features beyond the console version), PC gamers need to root for a commercially successful console version of the game, instead of grieving over it and crying that Microsoft and Remedy abandoned them. Doesn't that make more sense?
Yeah i guess. Although sometimes i have that stupid childish obscure wish for AW to be a comercial disaster just to open Remedy's eyes and "punish" them for their "treason" . But nah i honestly want all the better for them. I still like what they did with Max Payne, and even if i don't get the chance to play more of their games, Max Payne alone is worth my sympathy for Remedy.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #65
merely human

Police Escape Gameplay Clip

Latest tease.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-25-2009, 02:59 AM   #66
Life and times of...

Wow, that looks good. I just wish it's not too horror-oriented, seems like the kind of game you might just want to explore... And of course my preference in games has never been much in that area.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #67
merely human

Alan Wake - 20+Min Gameplay HD

*MILD SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO*

Over 22 minutes, actually. Most of it will be familiar if you've been following the game's progress, but it also features a brief driving scene and more bits of gameplay and plot not previously shown.

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 11-25-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #68
The Quiet One

I'll check out the gameplay clip, but I'm not sure I want to spoil the game by watching the 20+ minute one. Either way, this game sure does look goooood.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 11-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #69
Headbanger

Any word on a possible release date? I also feel that I should stop watching gameplay clips for the increasing risk for spoilers.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #70

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

I am willing to bet with the Release of Windows 7 and DX11 that the PC version is not dead. Think about it.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #71
Adventure Game Researcher

I hope and expect they will do a PC version. It really is incumbent on developers to insist that the PC market be supported.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 12-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owskie View Post
I am willing to bet with the Release of Windows 7 and DX11 that the PC version is not dead. Think about it.
Yeah, even way back when they had the tech demo of the game engine running, they were using a "quad core computer, and developing for DX11" or something to that effect. I think it will prolly be like every other game lately, and we'll either get the PC version right off the bat, or like an entire year later.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #73
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian IV View Post
I hope and expect they will do a PC version. It really is incumbent on developers to insist that the PC market be supported.
No doubt. But considering how huge and lucrative the console market is by comparison, the PC version (with Microsoft's focus on promoting Windows 7) is imminent yet not necessarily priority in terms of launch.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:05 AM   #74
The Quiet One

Q&A with Sam Lake at GameSpot. It's possible there may be DLC in the future.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #75

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

I personally won't touch it unless it comes to PC. I never touch my 360 anymore and have no intentions of doing so.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #76
J.H
Frak.

Personally I wouldn't even want to play this game on the PC, it looks a lot more action based and I find games like this to be much easier to play on a console with a controller.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Personally I wouldn't even want to play this game on the PC, it looks a lot more action based and I find games like this to be much easier to play on a console with a controller.
You can use a controller in your PC
Old 12-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #78

Quote:
I have honestly never heard this in my entire life.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #79
J.H
Frak.

What that action games are easier to play on a console?
Old 12-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #80

Quote:
What that action games are easier to play on a console?
If you have a gamepad for your PC (they are pretty cheap) no game is easier on a console. The experience is exactly the same.