Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Alan Wake (AWAKE) Thread... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/23122-alan-wake-awake-thread.html)

ggreen737 08-18-2008 10:56 PM

Alan Wake (AWAKE) Thread...

I'm so stoked about this realease. From the creators of Indigo Prophecy come an all new adventure with a gigantic, imaginative world! Fully imagined day and night cycles, with a new take on civilized horror, this game looks like a complete killer app...

Post your thoughts, hopes and dreams, on this psychological thriller right here. I can't wait until a demo surfaces, in what looks like about 6-10 months.

Lucien21 08-18-2008 11:08 PM

The makers of Alan Wake had nothing to do with Indigo Prophecy.

Remedy previously made the Max Payne games.

Although we have seen one trailer which looks fantasic there is little known about the gameplay. It is likely to be a survival horror game.

kadji-kun 08-19-2008 02:11 PM

It will be a mix of GTA, Silent Hill, and Max Payne. It will fit in the Action/Adventure category.

Hammerite 08-21-2008 04:49 AM

been looking forward to this for ages.

Gledster 09-10-2008 03:52 PM

I'm watching this one with interest - it might be the game that pushes me to get a 360 (anything to avoid Vista! :P). It certainly sounds (and looks) like an ambitious project! Any news on release dates or anything?

Mayboy 09-11-2008 03:44 PM

I had forgotten all about this game to be honest as not alot of news has come out about it recently. It was originally coming out for the PS3 but they ceased production of it, luckily I have a PC that should be up to the job.

This should be a special game if the screenshots and descriptions are anything to go by.

Kolzig 01-30-2009 01:59 PM

I'm hoping that Alan Wake gets released this year.

Propably won't come out until Christmas.
It's for sure that Remedy will deliver, Max Payne also took sooo many years to be finalized and it turned out to be a gaming classic.

splin 02-24-2009 03:36 AM

Good to hear other people are also keeping an eye on this game.

It looks great, plot is kind of intriguing from what I've read so far. Not sure about the gameplay part yet though, since there aren't really any gameplay clips that reveal much. I just hope it won't turn into GTA styled game, Ã* la Drive There, Do That. Not that I don't like GTA games, I like them a lot, but I don't think it would fit 'entirely' into a thriller like game.

SamandMax 02-24-2009 10:02 AM

I'm a sucker for horror games so I'm still excited for the game but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little peeved that Remedy has given us so very little information about it. It's been 4 years since they first announced it and we know hardly anything about it besides a loose idea of the story and a few screenshots and trailers that show off a couple of characters and environments. I liked the Max Payne games but that doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly have blind trust with anything Remedy does, they should still have to prove that this game is going to be worth paying money for and they haven't really done that with 4 years of silence.

Kolzig 02-24-2009 01:14 PM

I've been hearing rumors for sometime now that they will start pushing more about the game with Microsoft this year with publicity stuff.

I really hope it will be ready for next Christmas.

But I've been also hoping that every year with DNF. :)

splin 02-24-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig (Post 497748)
I really hope it will be ready for next Christmas.

Wasn't it planned for a release in 2011? Or was it 2010.... I can't remember my rumors anymore.

QDream 02-26-2009 11:54 AM

Can't wait for this to come out, it's my 3rd most anticipated game right now :P (behind Dreamfall Chapters & Heavy Rain)

J. Skeng 02-28-2009 06:40 PM

Damn hope this comes out soon it looks big

some gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoa9XiaGIa4

is it coming out on pc now?

Kolzig 02-28-2009 09:50 PM

It's only being made for XBOX360 and PC.

For PC it's going to be unfortunately a Vista/DirectX10 exclusive.

J. Skeng 03-01-2009 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig (Post 498198)
It's only being made for XBOX360 and PC.

For PC it's going to be unfortunately a Vista/DirectX10 exclusive.

Damn I hate vista

Kolzig 03-01-2009 01:02 PM

This exclusivity is because Microsoft is the publisher of the game.

J. Skeng 03-01-2009 01:13 PM

Makes sense, bloody microsoft lol

ggreen737 03-06-2009 05:17 PM

The latest news from the Alan Wake forums is a release in Q3 2009, so like this August/September. With Remedy scaling back some of its' other projects, it's good to hear that they are keeping this one on track for EVENTUAL release :D

Oh and don't believe any "in game" footage seen right now (like on youtube) because it apparently is footage from a canceled game called Redwood something or other. The forests just kind of look like AWAKE.

Still super stoked about this one, I see a very HalfLife 2-esque type of game with a bigger world and some more story segments.

J. Skeng 03-07-2009 07:29 AM

Some of the videos are of developers actually saying it's alan wake though.

Either way I can't wait for this to come out I hope it is released this year.

ggreen737 03-08-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PureSkeng (Post 499052)
Some of the videos are of developers actually saying it's alan wake though.

Either way I can't wait for this to come out I hope it is released this year.

Well, the latest trailer has SOME in game footage in it (mostly 3rd person Alan walking around) but it goes by so quick you won't get anything out of it. The ones that aren't real are the 2 posted on youtube that have gotten all the hits, that are a first-person view of a flashlight shining in some bluish woods.