You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 10:08 AM   #21
A Servicable Villain

You're right at that: I couldn't help but wondering if there were a lot of people watching online that Wii Fit was aimed the most at. I mean; I saw its immediate appeal, I just agree that its target audience isn't watching.

Microsoft's presentation was just as bland, game-wise, though. No real news either. But what do you expect, after a killer E3 last year? They shot their loads for years to come there. Beg pardon for the language.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #22
Psychonaut

Rock Band - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21416.html But would you pay the cost of the guitar/Drums/Mic which must be extortionate.

Bourne Conspiracy - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21533.html

None of the Nintendo ones blew me away. Not even the scales of Wiifit. Mario and Metroid look cool, but seen them before.

Wanted to see soe new Zelda or some new IP.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #23
handsome

WiiFit looks promising. Just imagine.. that Boxing game (wiisports) you could dogde the opponent's punch the same way that kid was playing soccer..
..know what i mean?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #24
Psychonaut

You can already do that in Wii Boxing with the Wiimote and the nunchuck.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #25
Psychonaut

Sonys turn now.

New PSP - Ehh looks exactly like the old one still uses UMD . Suppossedly it has a better battery and is thinner and lighter. (Sept Release $199)

Bah!!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #26
handsome

..or a snowboard game (WiiFit style )
finally ! sonys turn
Old 07-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #27

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Best games in the RE series to me is Zero and the Remake. 2-3 is a bit outdated now and RE4 was inconsistent and lost it's atmosphere.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #28
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
So, the Nintendo E3 conference has just ended, and though it was inevitably not as good as last years (which was mindblowing), it was nonetheless interesting. I think they're spot on with Wii Fit. It's already unimaginably remarkable what they've managed to do with expanding the gaming audience, but Wii Fit will enlarge it to even greater extent. The balance pad is amazing and though it will up the price (which may prove a difficulty) I predict Wii Fit is going to be a smash hit.
I agree, Wii Fit will sell like crazy. Still, I think Nintendo's conference was disappointing, the worst out of three. This year Sony's conference was the shit. Some significant partnership announcements (NCsoft), updated hardware, some timed exclusives and some new games. MGS 4, GT 5 and LittleBigPlanet looked as great as ever and Killzone 2 was a fine way to end the show. This is exactly the kind of rounded out experience Microsoft provided last year. Too bad they dropped the ball this time, especially considering they have the most interesting line-up (in my opinion, of course) and some sweet upcoming games we've heard next to nothing about.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #29

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Seems to have been Sony's year this year for sure.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #30
gin soaked boy

Yes, as far as conferences are concerned. However, E3 has only just started.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:31 PM   #31
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
Best games in the RE series to me is Zero and the Remake. 2-3 is a bit outdated now and RE4 was inconsistent and lost it's atmosphere.
Zero ? really ? well .. Codename Veronica is the worst to me..
Old 07-11-2007, 01:40 PM   #32
hello

Killzone 2 looks INCREDIBLE. I am so impressed how close it is to the first CGI trailer.

One level which took the rep 15 mins to demo was 2 gig alone! - Thank god for blu ray
Old 07-11-2007, 02:01 PM   #33
Homer of Kittens

I'm very underwhelmed with this E3. After all the talk of Microsoft breaking the MGS4 exclusive, or Sony having crazy new game announcements, the only new game they announced there that we haven't heard of was Infamous by Sucker Punch (and honestly, I'm disappointed that they left the charm of Sly for a Crackdown look-alike).

Firefox rules
Old 07-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #34
A Servicable Villain

Fracture looks more promising now I've seen the terrain deformation tools. It could still bomb if it isn't used dynamically enough, but there's some really nice innovation behind it.

So far, the conferences were all pretty subtle and of mediocre interest. Little new games, and little mindblowing announcements. This is certainly not the most interesting E3 ever, but it's always a nice gaming shot up the arm with live coverage. I LOVE live coverage.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #35
handsome

weak E3 imo.. 85% FPS

but dang! MGS4 is my reason to buy a PS3 - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21582.html
Old 07-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #36
hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
I'm very underwhelmed with this E3. After all the talk of Microsoft breaking the MGS4 exclusive, or Sony having crazy new game announcements, the only new game they announced there that we haven't heard of was Infamous by Sucker Punch (and honestly, I'm disappointed that they left the charm of Sly for a Crackdown look-alike).
Dissapointing from Microsoft and Nintendo.
The 360 is a good console - the lack of a blu ray/HD DVD drive for games is starting to hurt though, with ps3 games like killzone 2, MGS4, Heavenly Sword, and Lair all needing a lot more space than a standard DVD and looking very impressive.
Also - more Halo 3 dissapointment - looks like halo 2 in HD, also, whats with the b grade live action trailer?

As far as the Wii goes, im wondering how long it can survive with its ancient hardware, and inability to produce any next gen games. A gimicky controller can only drive sales until the novelty has worn off.

The Sony press conference i thought was impressive.
MGS4 an exclusive - and the real time footage looks completely incredible
Unreal 3 announced as exclusive for ps3 - the engine being optomized for ps3
Haze a ps3 exclusive
Heavenly sword - looks amazing
Killzone 2 - Close to CGI trailer everyone said was impossible and good demonstration of how a large storage medium is needed in true next gen games.
Gran Turismo 5 - IGN said looked like CGI and they were blown away.

With the price cut and the console starting to show its technical superiority, looks like sony may be on the way to dominating the market once again.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #37
A Servicable Villain

The actual gameplay of Heavenly Sword looked like a pretty, well, boring God of War clone though. That is, the gameplay footage I saw a few weeks back.

I think the Wii stands a lot better a chance of 'surviving' than the Xbox 360 or PS3. Not that any of them won't 'survive', by which I think you mean that they'll be marginalized. Regardless; the Wii has found a large audience that doesn't even know of any other consoles. Even if the hardcore gamers would suddenly, erratically, all decide that they don't want new Marios and Zeldas and Metroids (which won't happen, because a big part of them are Nintendo fans who are known to be quite loyal), there would still be an installed base large enough to thrust Nintendo cleanly into the new decade and still keep them a force to be reckoned with to boot!
Old 07-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #38
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litrick View Post
Dissapointing from Microsoft and Nintendo.
The 360 is a good console - the lack of a blu ray/HD DVD drive for games is starting to hurt though, with ps3 games like killzone 2, MGS4, Heavenly Sword, and Lair all needing a lot more space than a standard DVD and looking very impressive.
Also - more Halo 3 dissapointment - looks like halo 2 in HD, also, whats with the b grade live action trailer?

As far as the Wii goes, im wondering how long it can survive with its ancient hardware, and inability to produce any next gen games. A gimicky controller can only drive sales until the novelty has worn off.

The Sony press conference i thought was impressive.
MGS4 an exclusive - and the real time footage looks completely incredible
Unreal 3 announced as exclusive for ps3 - the engine being optomized for ps3
Haze a ps3 exclusive
Heavenly sword - looks amazing
Killzone 2 - Close to CGI trailer everyone said was impossible and good demonstration of how a large storage medium is needed in true next gen games.
Gran Turismo 5 - IGN said looked like CGI and they were blown away.

With the price cut and the console starting to show its technical superiority, looks like sony may be on the way to dominating the market once again.
Oh dear.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #39
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflux View Post
The actual gameplay of Heavenly Sword looked like a pretty, well, boring God of War clone though. That is, the gameplay footage I saw a few weeks back.
True. And i didnt liked God of War so..
Quote:
I think the Wii stands a lot better a chance of 'surviving' than the Xbox 360 or PS3. Not that any of them won't 'survive', by which I think you mean that they'll be marginalized. Regardless; the Wii has found a large audience that doesn't even know of any other consoles. Even if the hardcore gamers would suddenly, erratically, all decide that they don't want new Marios and Zeldas and Metroids (which won't happen, because a big part of them are Nintendo fans who are known to be quite loyal), there would still be an installed base large enough to thrust Nintendo cleanly into the new decade and still keep them a force to be reckoned with to boot!
nop..as a great man once said, and i quote :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litrick View Post

Last edited by TiAgUh; 07-11-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #40
hello

Quote:

This is perhaps not the best place for this discussion.. but oh well, apologies

You are right, the Wii has a geat user base already, and should remain sucessful. However i think there are a few points to note about the Wii.

1.) the games thus far have on the whole been fairly dissaponting, with the exception of a couple

2.) Developers are staring clear of the console for any next gen style games because the hardware just cannot support it

3.) the amount of new fully fledged , titles will continue to be very limited, with developers focusing their efforts on next gen content for the other consoles.

4.) price and novely were the main factors driving sales, this cannot sustain sales if the quality is not there

So, really the initial sales are enough to sustain the Wii, but it may be retired early in favour of a console that doesnt contain a decade old hardware. And if it is to stick around for the same time as the other two, i think it will fall into its own market of being a game Toy for children and those who dont play video games (that is already the target market i guess), rather than being perceived as providing a satisfying gaming experience for Gamers.