You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #1
Psychonaut

Default E3 Trailers

First up it's the turn of Microsoft

Project Gotham 4 - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21464.html Nice rain effects and it now has bikes but looks a bit samey to previous game.

Lost Odyssey - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21475.html Turn Based Jap RPG.

Assassin Creed - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21472.html Some actual gameplay from the georgous Jade Redmond.

Mass Effect - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21470.html OMG roll on November.

Resident Evil 5 - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21466.html 360 gathers another impressive exclusive game. RE5 looks great.

Viva Pinata Party Animals - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21461.html

Halo Wars - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21476.html Looks very C&C.

and finally........................................

HALO 3 - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21469.html "You are all of you vermin" - Looks ok if you like Halo.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:26 AM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
360 gathers another impressive exclusive game. RE5 looks great.
What made you think this?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:05 AM   #3
is not wierd

I'm pretty sure RE5 was 360/PS3, but that was a while ago when I read that. Perhaps it's changed now?

The Halo 3 trailer's suckiness is up there with the David Fincher Gears of War trailer. Resident Evil 5 appears to have borrowed quite a few cues from Black Hawk Down. Mass Effect still looks pretty insane, and I still can't tell if Assassin's Creed will actually be fun. I don't really like party games, but Viva Pinata is adorable.

Last edited by Spiwak; 07-11-2007 at 03:20 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:16 AM   #4
A Servicable Villain

Halo could not be more boring!

Resident Evil 5, however, looks sparkling! The setting is, again, awesome and original (some sort of African suburb?), though it's pretty much a given that the game will in its later stages resort once again to the same extremely tired, clichéd laboratory setting like it did in the other games and, most unfortunately, in RE4. When will they learn? Will play it though. Especially if it'll have the same gameplay as the fourth part.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:54 AM   #5
gin soaked boy

RE5 is not an Xbox 360 exclusive. Speaking of the Halo 3 trailer, nothing impressed me like that in a long, long time. I expected it to look better than multiplayer footage, but this totally blew me away. It's right up there with Too Human on my hype-o-meter.

Speaking of which...

Too Human - http://gamersyde.com/news_4580_en.html

Killzone 2 also looks great, although not as impressive as the target render from two years ago, but that was to be expected.

Killzone 2 - http://gametrailers.com/game/1668.html
Old 07-11-2007, 06:01 AM   #6
handsome

Killzone looks awesome... better then halo imo
Old 07-11-2007, 06:07 AM   #7
A Servicable Villain

The style of Killzone 2 leaves me pretty much cold, but I've played a version of about 6 months back and it rocked. The game is better than everyone's expecting. I think it's now actually good that people have low expectations because Killzone 1 was less awesome as it was hyped up to be. KZ2 will blow people out of the water (unless things have been drastically fucked up since I last saw it of course).
Old 07-11-2007, 06:11 AM   #8
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
Killzone looks awesome... better then halo imo
Technically it probably does (although I wouldn't say it looks better than Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament 3 and perhaps even Gears of War; it certainly doesn't look better than Resident Evil 5), but I much prefer Halo's art direction, color palette and scope (huge open vistas versus smaller, but more detailed environments).
Old 07-11-2007, 06:31 AM   #9
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Halo could not be more boring!

Resident Evil 5, however, looks sparkling! The setting is, again, awesome and original (some sort of African suburb?), though it's pretty much a given that the game will in its later stages resort once again to the same extremely tired, clichéd laboratory setting like it did in the other games and, most unfortunately, in RE4. When will they learn? Will play it though. Especially if it'll have the same gameplay as the fourth part.
not only that but imo RE4 wasnt scary at all, the gameplay was extremely good but wheres the scary part? RE4 was not a horror game like RE2.. I hope RE5 brings that back.

Last edited by TiAgUh; 07-11-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:45 AM   #10
is not wierd

I remember reading that RE5 is continuing in the tradition of RE4, that is, action. Perhaps they will find a way to make it scarier while also keeping the RE4-ness of it.

I thought RE4 was pretty scary. Not full out doom-sensations, but scary while also accessible.

EDIT: Too Human. When did Microsoft pick up Silicon Knights? Shit, I don't like Microsoft but the universe keeps pushing me to buy a 360.

Last edited by Spiwak; 07-11-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:01 AM   #11
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak View Post
Too Human. When did Microsoft pick up Silicon Knights? Shit, I don't like Microsoft but the universe keeps pushing me to buy a 360.
Two or three years ago, although they didn't buy them, they're just publishing the Too Human trilogy.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:03 AM   #12
handsome

Quote:
EDIT: Too Human. When did Microsoft pick up Silicon Knights? Shit, I don't like Microsoft but the universe keeps pushing me to buy a 360.
Too Human is kinda lame imo....
.. its also pushing me to buy a 360 IF MGS4 turns out not to be a PS3 exclusive (Lost Odyssey lookin good! but im still waiting to see a glipse of White Knight Story)

Last edited by TiAgUh; 07-11-2007 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:05 AM   #13

The Resident Evil 5 is amazing, not much is shown but the setting and art look original.

Halo 3 was halo and I don't like it so... (but the music is great)

I have to see more of Killzone, it looked good, but not Crysis good.

Halo wars looked like a typical RTS, I thought it would be more like Company of Heroes.

Rock Band looks fun, except the singing... (I want the drums!)

The conference was boring, no new exclusives, no exciting new stuff... Just trailers from the same games from the last year. (I'm getting tired of seeing the same things in Assassin's Creed).
Old 07-11-2007, 07:14 AM   #14
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
Too Human is kinda lame imo....
Yea you might be right. I posted that just when I saw the Silicon Knights logo pop up on the trailer. Just watched the whole thing and it does indeed look pretty generic. This generation loves roboty sci-fi adventures!

And where is this "originality" in RE5 coming from. Looks exactly like Black Hawk Down to me. In fact, looks a lot like every '00s movie that takes place in the Third World. That's not to say that I'm not excited about it. I loved RE4, and I like the idea of a horror game in this setting.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:19 AM   #15

Quote:
And where is this "originality" in RE5 coming from. Looks exactly like Black Hawk Down to me. In fact, looks a lot like every '00s movie that takes place in the Third World.
Movies, not games. Usually a game takes place in sci-fi seeting or a world war

And i don't remember any of those movies featuring zombies... (or whatever they are)
Old 07-11-2007, 07:26 AM   #16
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Yea you might be right. I posted that just when I saw the Silicon Knights logo pop up on the trailer. Just watched the whole thing and it does indeed look pretty generic. This generation loves roboty sci-fi adventures!
Nothing could be further from the truth. If you'd like to inform yourself, I suggest reading Silicon Knights' blog, right from the beginning. Too Human may appear generic on the surface, but there's a lot more to it than meets the eye. After all, it's the Silicon Knights' dream project.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:32 AM   #17
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
Nothing could be further from the truth. If you'd like to inform yourself, I suggest reading Silicon Knights' blog, right from the beginning. Too Human may appear generic on the surface, but there's a lot more to it than meets the eye. After all, it's the Silicon Knights' dream project.
I see, should be pretty cool then. Although a few blog entries were a little bit silly in their pretentiousness. Silicon Knights clearly take videogaming seriously, and I like that.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #18
A Servicable Villain

So, the Nintendo E3 conference has just ended, and though it was inevitably not as good as last years (which was mindblowing), it was nonetheless interesting. I think they're spot on with Wii Fit. It's already unimaginably remarkable what they've managed to do with expanding the gaming audience, but Wii Fit will enlarge it to even greater extent. The balance pad is amazing and though it will up the price (which may prove a difficulty) I predict Wii Fit is going to be a smash hit.

Also, think of other gaming possibilities with the balance pad: a snowboarding or skateboarding game? Something like that. A Canadian lumberjack game with balancing on a rivertossed log? The possiblities are great. And I think it's far more diverse than say, the DK Bongos, which proved viable as well.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #19
handsome

Army of Two: Very disappointed...Gears of War, anyone? http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21443.html

Hahahaha Mario must be on steroids to keep Sonic's pace http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21539.html
Old 07-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #20
is not wierd

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of any real new games I'm interested in announced during Nintendo's conference. Mario Kart online, awesome. Mario Kart online in Q1 08, wow!

All in all, though, they didn't do much to excite the gaming community. And non-gamers don't watch E3.