Thread: E3 Trailers
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #36
Litrick
hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
I'm very underwhelmed with this E3. After all the talk of Microsoft breaking the MGS4 exclusive, or Sony having crazy new game announcements, the only new game they announced there that we haven't heard of was Infamous by Sucker Punch (and honestly, I'm disappointed that they left the charm of Sly for a Crackdown look-alike).
Dissapointing from Microsoft and Nintendo.
The 360 is a good console - the lack of a blu ray/HD DVD drive for games is starting to hurt though, with ps3 games like killzone 2, MGS4, Heavenly Sword, and Lair all needing a lot more space than a standard DVD and looking very impressive.
Also - more Halo 3 dissapointment - looks like halo 2 in HD, also, whats with the b grade live action trailer?

As far as the Wii goes, im wondering how long it can survive with its ancient hardware, and inability to produce any next gen games. A gimicky controller can only drive sales until the novelty has worn off.

The Sony press conference i thought was impressive.
MGS4 an exclusive - and the real time footage looks completely incredible
Unreal 3 announced as exclusive for ps3 - the engine being optomized for ps3
Haze a ps3 exclusive
Heavenly sword - looks amazing
Killzone 2 - Close to CGI trailer everyone said was impossible and good demonstration of how a large storage medium is needed in true next gen games.
Gran Turismo 5 - IGN said looked like CGI and they were blown away.

With the price cut and the console starting to show its technical superiority, looks like sony may be on the way to dominating the market once again.