You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Grand Theft Auto IV

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2007, 08:04 AM   #41
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
You mean L.A. Noire? Nothing, it's in development. However, Rockstar is only publishing it, it's developed by Team Bondi.
Oh...

Quote:
Well, GTA London 1969 is a mission pack so I didn't count it, but the bottom line is there are loads of them.
There are also loads of Command&Conquer, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, Leisure Suit Larry and Deer Hunter games out there...

...the truly sad thing is that there are only three Last Ninjas, but then, it was probably a weird idea to come up with sequels to games which claimed to be the last one each.

I'll be back. Maybe.

Last edited by samIamsad; 03-30-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:07 AM   #42

The area of San Andreas was already enormous, but there were simply too little possibilities for the player. So it would be much better to improve the next GTA in those areas than creating a larger world. Obviously no one thinks that they are going to make every buildung accessible, but it definately would be cool if you could do more things than in the previous games. Another San Andreas would leave me unimpressed, I assume.

tantalus
Old 03-30-2007, 08:20 AM   #43
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
...the truly sad thing is that there are only three Last Ninjas, but then, it was probably a weird idea to come up with sequels to games which claimed to be the last one each.
Hahhaa!

So true...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:26 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
Well, GTA London 1969 is a mission pack so I didn't count it, but the bottom line is there are loads of them.
A mission pack that could just as well have been released as a standalone game. I consider Vice City and San Andreas to be expansion packs as well. Not to mention LCS and VCS.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #45
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I saw the teaser now and it feels like GTA3, with enhanced graphics, I HOPE that I'm wrong with my assumptions.
Liberty City seems to be again the starting point, hopefully there will be at least one new city.

At the moment the teaser leaves me with the very much used internet word "meh".
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #46
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
Not unlike the 12 Final Fantasy games
Old 03-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #47
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Theres way more than that. There are many spin-offs.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-30-2007, 03:29 PM   #48
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

yeah and theres another 11 or so getting released between now and next year.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:43 PM   #49
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

I can't wait for GTA IV, I may very well preorder it.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:55 PM   #50
A Servicable Villain

Pre-ordering actually makes sense with GTA. When San Andreas hit the streets, my then-colleagues at the store made quite a profit by selling some copies of it they held back on the internet. Despite The Warriors and Bully bombing, saleswise, GTA will be an instant hit again. There's no other scenario possible, unless the world suddenly decided en masse that GTA isn't hip anymore within the next months.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:14 PM   #51
Lovable rogue

I hope GTAIV takes a couple of steps backwards, I absolutely hated San Andreas.

Vice City was the pinnacle of my GTA experience.

Mind you, as I currently have no intentions to purchase an Xbox360 or a PS3, any speculation on my behalf at this point is largely irrelevant.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 03-31-2007, 06:27 PM   #52
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatsie View Post
Mind you, as I currently have no intentions to purchase an Xbox360 or a PS3, any speculation on my behalf at this point is largely irrelevant.
< ignores Jatsie's post >

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-31-2007, 06:50 PM   #53
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
< ignores Jatsie's post >

Right now I just can't justify it. I've owned a PS2 since launch and only have 13 games for it. I'd rather spend ÂŁ430 on a piece of luggage, at least I can guarantee its usage.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 03-31-2007, 08:31 PM   #54
merely human

Awwww, I love you, Jats!!

You're buying luggage? Cripeys, you're coming to visit me?!!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-31-2007, 11:48 PM   #55
A Servicable Villain

GTAIV musn't go backwards, but forwards. In San Andreas it had its ultimate 'last-gen' spasm where a better game equalled a bigger game. In my idealistic view of things, 'next-gen' means that the gameplay itself is deepened, instead of the gameworld being broadened. I'd rather take a single city where interaction in these type of sandbox games is taken to a new height, with empathic possibilities and unthought of interactivity, than ten cities each with the same shallow wash-rinse-repeat gameplay as the last.

The chances are good that my wish will be granted, if Rockstar's Table Tennis is any indication. Instead of going for a massive scale there, they went for deep underlying mechanics. I hope the same will be true for GTAIV.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:04 AM   #56
Psychonaut

I wonder what the hidden pron will look like with those graphics
Old 04-01-2007, 12:09 AM   #57
A Servicable Villain

This little bird tells me that's not going to happen again
Old 04-01-2007, 07:03 AM   #58
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
GTAIV musn't go backwards, but forwards. In San Andreas it had its ultimate 'last-gen' spasm where a better game equalled a bigger game. In my idealistic view of things, 'next-gen' means that the gameplay itself is deepened, instead of the gameworld being broadened. I'd rather take a single city where interaction in these type of sandbox games is taken to a new height, with empathic possibilities and unthought of interactivity, than ten cities each with the same shallow wash-rinse-repeat gameplay as the last.

The chances are good that my wish will be granted, if Rockstar's Table Tennis is any indication. Instead of going for a massive scale there, they went for deep underlying mechanics. I hope the same will be true for GTAIV.
wurd

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 04-01-2007, 07:12 AM   #59
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
This little bird tells me that's not going to happen again
For all their successes they never did seem to outgrow their stupid, moronic, greedy, and childish behaviour.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #60
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Mh, good point. I think it's really, really time for a new spin-off series, like, and the name of the franchise is just begging for it:

Definite Final Fantasy
Definite Final Fantasy II

From there one they could create even more:

Most Definite Final Fantasy
Most Definite Final Fantasy II

Most Definite Final Fantasy XVI: Honestly!

and so on and so on. Not that there's any point to it, but it's fun to to get the blood of guy's like this boiling.

Regarding Hot Coffee, and rating issues aside, I find it rather amusing that instead of screaming at Rockstar for the inclusion of guns and craze and (fun but still) wanton violence, they get screamed at because of (supposedly) including secret ways of unlocking OH MY GAWWWWWWDDDD!!!1 interactive minigames depicting human reproduction.

Never mind the rollin' heads*, this game allows you to see and do what mom and dad do behind locked doors at best. Holy shit.

* I know there aren't any rollin' heads in GTA, this is a metaphor, k?