You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #161
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
Hows it playing?
It is wonderful, even better than Half Life 2 in terms of pacing and atmosphere. Alyx is a wonderful addition, and the extra commentating is very insightful, you maybe want to replay it just to see how the game was designed. If you liked Half Life 2, you will love episode 1. I definitely think it is worth the 20 dollars you spend on it.

Firefox rules
Old 06-07-2006, 02:59 AM   #162

Send a message via AIM to copycat

Just started Quake 4 yesterday. The game looks fantastic, brilliant atmosphere and all that. It's even a bit "too involving" for my liking. It's scaring, actually. But I guess it's too hard, I'm a complete noob in shooters and the Strogg keep showing me why.

Recently finished: Fable – The Lost Chapters (Mac)
Old 06-07-2006, 07:12 AM   #163
is not wierd

Still playing Bloodlines. I don't have much access to the computer I play games on because of my mother. But I'm getting close to the end as my Toreador. Right now I'm in the Hallowbrook Hotel trying my best to kick Sabbat ass (despite the fact my Toreador is more a social creature than a fighter).
Old 06-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #164
GoT

Send a message via MSN to GoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
I think I remember hearing somewhere that you cant finishe the cog puzzle untill you find out why you need to solve it or something, solving it just does nothing and it resets once you leave it. I might be wrong though

no, you're correct.

Spoiler:

Yes you have to start 2 other machines first or this one dosn't have any power. You will know if you've got power because the cogs will turn when u pull the handle even if you havn't completed it properly.

hrm..

if someone wants to teach me how to do the "spoiler" post thingy properly i'll be more than thankful.

GoT

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 06-08-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:35 AM   #165
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoT
if someone wants to teach me how to do the "spoiler" post thingy properly i'll be more than thankful.
[spoiler]Your spoiler[/spoiler]

Or use the question mark icon in the advanced editor.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #166
GoT

Send a message via MSN to GoT

As promised Mr Baldwin *shudder*, i am "more than thankful" *shudder*.

ok.. keepsake update then... last night i MADE IT TO THE TOP OF THE SCHOOL!!!! I dont need any spoilers for that either because you instantly know that you'd love to go up there when u see the gate is locked right at the start! hehe! and i'm finally there!!!

sweet... ok.... back to it...

GoT
Old 06-09-2006, 02:11 AM   #167
gin soaked boy

Star Monkey, it's a bucketload of shmup fun! Only three levels, but they're pretty big, with mid-level and end-level bosses and loads of different enemies. Quite hard as well - but not too hard once you familiarize yourself with the patterns - so I suppose easily frustrated need not apply.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:05 AM   #168

I actually reinstalled Baldur's Gate and I'm about 2 hours into it. I think it's first time I'm playing as mage. Maybe this time I can actually get to Baldur's Gate instead of wandering through the south. Hey, maybe if I finish it I actually complete Baldur's Gate II and the expansion pack (It may take me 3 years...). I dont own Tales of the Sword Coast, is it an important part of the story?

On the portable gaming I'm starting Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Its cool so far, but only a couple of hours of play time.

Edit: On the adventure side, I finally started Still Life. It was sitting on my shelf and decided to give it a try. Nothing special so far, except excellent graphics.

Last edited by wilco; 06-09-2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #169
Whirling Knife

Send a message via MSN to bruno321

I've been playing Earthbound for a month or so. I'm kinda close to the end, I think. Although it isn't as brilliant as it was in the first half of the game...

Also playing (haven't played in a while, though. Started it in February ) Grim Fandango. And well, the beginning is nice, even very nice. But then, meh.

Heart of Darkness, which at this rate I will finish it on 2009. Frustrating, oh yes.

Morrowind! But this one comes and goes since December 2005. I've played the whole main quest, most of the cities quests, and the Tribunal quest. I have almost all the map revealed, I have a lot of skills and abilities at 100... I have to do the Bloodmoon expansion

And Keepsake Very nice, very nice. I will probably finish it this weekend.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:48 AM   #170
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco
I dont own Tales of the Sword Coast, is it an important part of the story?

Not really. It's just a nice expansion that adds four extra areas, quests, more options to gain XP, and some extra content. You can play Baldur's Gate II without having played the expansion of BG I.

The expansion of Baldur's Gate II, "Throne of Bhaal" is important though, as it concludes the story.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:17 AM   #171
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco
On the portable gaming I'm starting Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Its cool so far, but only a couple of hours of play time.
I recommend Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon in addition to that.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:00 AM   #172
Squeaky

Need for Speed Most Wanted.

In true EA style, it tries much too hard to be cool and is loaded with unnecessary wank, but it's a pretty fun diversion.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:11 AM   #173
In an evening of July...

God of War

Surprisingly fun. I'm not too far, somewhere around Medusa. I killed her. In fact, I've killed everyone alive (and walking dead) so far.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:27 AM   #174
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
The expansion of Baldur's Gate II, "Throne of Bhaal" is important though, as it concludes the story.
Which is the reason that I'm probably going to buy Atari's desparately-trying-to-stave-off-bankruptcy release of both Baldur's Gate games and expansions on DVD...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:54 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Not really. It's just a nice expansion that adds four extra areas, quests, more options to gain XP, and some extra content. You can play Baldur's Gate II without having played the expansion of BG I.

Thanks. I think I'll just skip Tales of the Sword Coast.
Playing as a mage is harder, one quick blow and I'm dead. I'm currently at the Nashkel mines with Khalid, Jaheira and Minsc ("Go for the eyes, Boo!" ) covering me and Imoen.

It's surprising how the Infinity engine holds up to these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
I recommend Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon in addition to that.
Thanks. I'll be keeping an eye if I can find it. FFTAdvance has been great so far. The DS could use a game like this, it's perfect for the touch-sreen and the second screen for statistics and inventory. Disgaea DS please!
Old 06-17-2006, 03:29 PM   #176
the short, bearded guy

checking in:

when not studying for exams, i am playing "heroes of might and magic:five."

am bitterly frustrated.

big hero. all gone.

of course, i kind of knew this was going to happen, but when it did it was just...frustrating. i get all that way, the woman is at level twenty. she's getting to be fairly good at doing things and then they trade me her for a level three guy with a beard. admittedly, the beard is a winner. but you'd think that a guy who was /that old/ would have lived in the army and have done stuff and killed people and been level twenty one. but no.

he. is. level. three.

bitterly frustrated.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:08 AM   #177
gin soaked boy

Finished Half-Life 2 a couple of days ago, in preparation for Episode 1 (yes, for the first time - don't ask).

I've been trying to get Messiah up and running, but it keeps on crashing. Also, it doesn't seem to recognize the second CD which holds all music and some speech, both on XP and 98SE. So I'm pretty pissed off, I think I'll play Redguard or Giants: Citizen Kabuto next.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:05 PM   #178
Lazy Bee

I've played a couple of minutes of year two in Grim Fandango.
It was quite a while since I started this game, and I only play like half an hour every now and then. It's summer and nice weather and I don't want this game to end. I'm happy I've finally found one of the classic Adventure games to be as good as eveyone says.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:52 AM   #179
Squeaky

Glad to hear you're having a good time with Grim, Jelena (I really like your new nickname btw ). Year 2 is superb. Enjoy it.

Still playing Need for Speed Most Wanted. I'm up to Blacklist Member #6.

If it weren't for the largely useless car customisation which seems almost entirely cosmetic (does EA put this kind of thing into every single one of their games, regardless of genre?), irritating 'EA radio', and unbelievably stupid catch up facility (which you can't disable ), this would actually be a pretty tight game.

The pursuits are great fun and most of the race modes are engaging and quite creative.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:06 AM   #180

Finally arrived to the actual city in Baldur's Gate.
I have to say that the gets much more interesting in there, lots of quests that involve not only fighting, like the thieves guild one that you have to steal 3 items:

Spoiler:
Got into the house by pretending to be the new servant, got outside the room, used the stealth and the stole the items.

Also lots of items to buy, it's faster to level up without having to travel a large amount of time just to get to some quest.
First I was only trying to finish the game, but now I'm just exploring everything to see if I don't miss any great quest.