You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2006, 02:41 AM   #201
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Half-Life 2 episode 1, half way through the 2nd chapter.

&

Command & Conquer (the Original), 3rd mission on GDI side.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-24-2006, 10:58 AM   #202
gin soaked boy

I succeeded getting Messiah to run properly and it's a surprisingly engaging game. The whole concept of changing bodies is fun and makes for some pretty puzzle-ish gameplay so it's unfortunate that combat is almost inhumanly hard. Those bastards rarely miss and poor controls and a horrible camera make it hard for you to shoot back. Thankfully, you can possess anyone at any time so when they kill your host, you just jump into someone else, but you're an easy target when changing bodies so you still end up dying a lot.

I don't know, I'll give it one more try and then decide whether to continue or forget about it.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:21 AM   #203
gin soaked boy

Yep, I'll continue playing, it's not that hard after some practice (especially if you take a stealthier approach) and the game is pretty addictive. Some platforming, some action, a bit of stealth and all generously sprinkled with puzzles, what more could you ask for? Okay, less technical problems and somewhat better controls, but at least I finally made it to run under XP.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:03 AM   #204

Ah, Bloodlines, what fun that one. I still spot Malkavians walking around my town occasionally. Not to mention Brujahs.

Currently playing Agon, in Madagascar in the treehouse.

Still stuck in Meat Circus in Psychonauts though I'm planning to tackle that and take care of it once and for all today. God help me.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:31 PM   #205
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

I've just been attacked at the hotel. The mood and the actual gameplay of this title are great, but unskippable cutscenes and save points really don't work together well.

Despite this, however, I'm going to say the following: everyone should play this game.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:58 AM   #206
TM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Despite this, however, I'm going to say the following: everyone should play this game.
And I'll be sure to do that once I get a more powerful computer. Looks very interesting and it's good to see an FPS do something different than the usual blow @$&% up, uninspired main character, and shallow story garbage.

Final Fantasy 8
Probably half-way through disk 2. Tried this game a couple of times but kept getting frusturated with the random battles and such. Now I'm really getting into it and grasping the gameplay mechanics such as the Junction system. Story is going well and can't wait to see how it all unfolds for Squall and the gang.

X-Men: Legends
Not a fan of the comics but I enjoyed the film adaptations...and this game so far. The team-based/brawler/realtime combat system is hell alot of fun. I'm at the Arbiter level where I got to rescue some crewmembers and so on.
I just want you to know who I am..."
"IRIS"-GOO GOO DOLLS
Old 06-28-2006, 02:15 AM   #207
In an evening of July...

Colin McRae Rally 05: I'm using this for the braindead moments of the day when I tune into Pandora and turn off the game sounds. Time goes by like butter. Currently playing 3rd stage of the career.

Bloodlines: Decided to replay the game, since I never made it to Chinatown before. Currently killing people for VV in Hollywood.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:17 AM   #208
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM3
Looks very interesting and it's good to see an FPS do something different than the usual blow @$&% up, uninspired main character, and shallow story garbage.
It's not an FPS and not all FPSs have uninspired main characters and stories that are shallow garbage.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:39 AM   #209
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze
Bloodlines: Decided to replay the game, since I never made it to Chinatown before. Currently killing people for VV in Hollywood.
Ah...Loved that game. Probably in my top ten for RPGs, maybe even top five... What clan are you?
Old 06-28-2006, 02:52 AM   #210
In an evening of July...

Tremere, with lots of points in melee, seduction and thaumaturgy. I also have a big hammer.

Last edited by kuze; 06-28-2006 at 03:16 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:01 AM   #211

"The Longest Journey"
chapter 5-6

"TES3: Morrowind"
lvl8
beginning of the MQ
Old 06-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #212
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Finished HL2 Episode 1. And having a hard time with C&C, I dont remember it beign so hard...

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #213
Coltrane

I'm currently replaying the chapters in Hitman: Blood Money, trying to get Silent Assasin on all of em. I'm also playing Gabriel Knight 3 and i'm on the Le Serpente Rouge-puzzle.
Currently reading: The Name of the Rose
Old 06-28-2006, 12:32 PM   #214
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
Finished HL2 Episode 1.
How did you like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
I succeeded getting Messiah to run properly and it's a surprisingly engaging game. The whole concept of changing bodies is fun and makes for some pretty puzzle-ish gameplay so it's unfortunate that combat is almost inhumanly hard.
What is this Messiah game and when was it released? Is it like Omnikron or is it something completely different.

Firefox rules
Old 06-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #215
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Messiah was a game made by Shiny in 2000 that, if I remember correctly, trumpeted itself at the time as having some special, scaling, futureproof engine. Which was a big lie. The game, on the other hand, was fairly fun if unspectacular. And hard. I never got very far in it, anyway.

It's almost nothing like The Nomad Soul. It's a third-person action game with the occasional puzzle, with the nifty feature that you play a little cherub who can possess people ingame (and has to in order to solve the puzzles). If only the possession thing was a little easier to pull off.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #216
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
What is this Messiah game and when was it released? Is it like Omnikron or is it something completely different.
Messiah was released in 2000 after many delays and months of relentless barrage from Shiny's hype machine. Arriving on the wings of phenomenal, yet much more action-oriented MDK, it was supposed to be a truly revolutionary game, both in concept and execution. However, it garnered rather lukewarm reviews once it finally hit the shelves. Much like Fable, it wasn't really a bad game, but after all the promisses people expected, well, the Messiah.

That, and initially it was full of bugs. It's been patched reasonably well, though, the only problems I encountered so far (after I got it running by setting the compatibility mode to Windows 2000 ) were some random crashes mostly occuring after the cutscenes.

And to answer your other question, it's not really like Omikron. There are some platforming elements and maybe a bit more action to it, but it actually depends on the way you choose to play the game. I've seen it compared to Deus Ex in that regard, but I wouldn't know because Deus Ex still sits on my shelf unplayed................... Noooo, not on the head!

Anyway, this review should give you the basic idea.

EDIT: Oops, RLacey beat me by an hour, but I don't much agree with what he said so it's okay.

Oh, and the possesion couldn't be simpler, you just jump into someone (from any direction on easy, from the back and the sides on normal and from the back only on hard) and flap your wings a little.

Last edited by insane_cobra; 06-28-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:45 AM   #217
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze
Tremere, with lots of points in melee, seduction and thaumaturgy. I also have a big hammer.
Ah, well I'd say after playing the game that persuasion is more useful than seduction. But Thaumaturgy rocks anyway and with melee points you shouldn't have any problems. I was a Toreador with decent firearm skill and OK stealth skill and then a lot of points in seduction and persuasion and the awesome celerity. Towards the end of the game there a lot of long combat missions which took me forever, so I wouldn't recommend my build. I'm thinking of replaying it, probably as a Malkavian so I can have funny conversations.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #218

still TLJ
today completed 3 chapters.
now im in 8.Chapter. Its like game gets better with every chapter...Arcadia is much cooler than Starks...I love to read April´s diary too, some cool sarcastic lines can be found there once in a while
I loveed this puzzle underwater(chapter 7)....one of not so many in this game...
needed to share....
Old 06-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #219
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
Ah, well I'd say after playing the game that persuasion is more useful than seduction. But Thaumaturgy rocks anyway and with melee points you shouldn't have any problems. I was a Toreador with decent firearm skill and OK stealth skill and then a lot of points in seduction and persuasion and the awesome celerity. Towards the end of the game there a lot of long combat missions which took me forever, so I wouldn't recommend my build.
Funny, I took the same approach when playing Bloodlines for the first time, so I knew I had to tweak my build for fighting. Firearms are ridiculous in this game, I wish they took a less D&D-like approach for them.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:20 AM   #220
Roar?

I'm playing the new Mario Bros. I'm only in world 2.

I'm also playing Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. It's so.boring. and yet I can't stop playing it. I wake up thinking, "Have my pineapples grown yet? Will Popuri be nice to me today? Maybe I can save up enough dough to buy a sheep!

"