You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by seether295 View Post
Tell me about it. When my wife, who almost never plays video games, comes up to me out of the blue and says, "You know, we should really get a Wii...they look like a lot of fun.", I think "Wow! A gaming console that we both would enjoy"...and now the joke is on me because I can't find one anywhere.

Bless you and curse you Nintendo!
The novalty has kinda run out for me. I haven't played it for about 2 months now. I'm selling it to my parents now lol.

It'll keep my mum happy. She still plays Teddy Boy every night.

I'm currently playing Tomb Raider Legend and I'm heavily disappointed. It's incredibly linear, with the most annoying voice acting ever and puzzles that are insultingly easy (and this is coming from someone who needs a players guide on the easier AGs) yet I feel compelled to complete it. I'm on the fifth level, Russia I think.

Also giving Broken Sword 3 another chance. I think it's a bit of a mixed bag really. I'm infiltrating the base for Bruno at the mo.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:20 AM   #602

Went back to playing Rhem and have FINALLY reached the point where you're told that you have to find and put together the four pieces of the letter. I feel like I've already been on this game forever, and at last I'm officially informed of the goal of the thing.

(It is going faster now that I've given up trying to map it, though.)

Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting challenge, but difficult. Anyone who finds the Myst environment a bit sterile should stay well clear, as Rhem is far more sterile than Myst. You also need to keep your own notes along the way.

Also in the Sims, trying to persuade some not very social people to make friends so they can get promoted in their jobs.

And getting killed in a variety of nasty ways by aliens, somewhere around the fourth or fifth level of Expendable. (Beginner level.)
Old 04-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #603

I just can't stop playing Puzzle Quest on the DS!

Most addicting game I've played in years...

The game is something like this :
Old 04-10-2007, 08:15 AM   #604

At the moment I'm playing Shadow of the Colossus. So far I’ve killed four of the brutes.

I'm really enjoying all the head stabbing . Not liking all the 'mist' in the game world though.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #605
Master of time and space

Marvel - Ultimate Alliance

In the beginning, so far I'm not too impressed with the game. The cut scenes are great looking, the game seems to have story elements, but it doesn't feel as good as Freedom Force did... yet anyway. I guess it's the button mashing I'm having a little trouble adjusting to. I prefer the way of Freedom Force.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #606
delusions of adequacy

I've recently given up on The Two Towers game (its a bloody stinker), and am trying my hand at Warcraft 3. I'm not having much luck with it, I'm far more partial to turn based strategy the likes of Civilization. The godawful voice acting (for Prince Athas at least) isn't helping much. I'm this close to looking how to cheat/unlock the other campaigns so I don't have to play as a poxy paladin any longer.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:49 AM   #607
Passion Adventurist

Send a message via MSN to Hysteria

Sherlock Holmes: The Awakend.
I am in hospital, I guess.
I like it so far, really. I tought this is some kind of crappy game which is overrated just for advertising, but actually it isn't bad at all.
Wishlist: Belief & Betrayal, Gabriel Knight Series, Black Dahlia ...
Old 04-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #608

Been a while since I posted in this thread (and on this site, for that matter). I think since the last time I posted, I finished Hotel Dusk, played through Trace Memory, finished Titan Quest and played through the expansion, and completed Shadow Hearts: From the New World. I started up Phoenix Wright: And Justice for All, but the puzzles just get a little too obscure a little too early for me, so I lost interest.

I've also been playing a lot of Rugby 06, which I guess the non Americans around here can appreciate; I just learned how to play rugby about a month and a half ago because I wanted to play a sport, but flag football is for sissies. I thought Rugby sounded fun, so I just looked up "Dallas Rugby" in google, found a team that looked good, and joined up. I've had a lot of fun so far.

Probably going to start up Super Paper Mario later tonight.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:53 PM   #609
Master of time and space

Ultimate Alliance: In the valley of the spirits
Double Agent: Trying to get into the server room in mission 3
Old 04-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #610
Lazy Bee

I've just started playing Dark Fall The Journal. And after only a short time of playing the game I can see where the Barrow Hill creators got influenced.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #611
gin soaked boy

After finishing Deus Ex: Invisible War (almost as good as Deus Ex, but also with about the same amount of problems) I started playing Project: Snowblind. I think I'm on mission 9 or 10 at the moment. It's a good, but unexceptional FPS.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:37 AM   #612

Send a message via MSN to Mayboy

The Secret Files - Tunguska. Slowly working my way through this one and enjoying it despite some reviews i have read.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:20 AM   #613
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords....having a hard time going over to the dark side. The problem is that in order to be Sith-y you have to be childish and rude. I'd prefer it if one could be scheming, political, and classy instead.

Still, enjoying the game...
Old 04-24-2007, 09:54 AM   #614
gin soaked boy

Fable: The Lost Chapters, finished the main quest, now I'm playing the Lost Chapters bit. Seemed brilliant at first, but then it started showing its flaws. Still a very good to excellent game.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #615
prodigal gamer, returned

I'm playing Broken Sword 1 on my DS (GBA version), and have just arrived in Syria. I've never played a Broken Sword game, and I'm liking this a lot so far. The dialogue is fantastic. No news to most folks here, but, like I said, I haven't played it before.

Edit: I am aware of the bug in the GBA version, and haven't been to Spain yet, so the bullet has be dodged.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #616

I started playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords three nights ago. This will be the third time that I've played it. However, this time I chose to be a male Jedi Sentinel for a fresh experience, because the last two times I played the game, I always played as a Jedi Guardian.

Right now, I am on the Citadel Station, which is orbiting the Planet Telos. I have received some sidequests but I'm just exploring the Station right now. My character's name is William Organa, and he looks like he's close to his 40's, and he has a hairy brown beard.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:36 PM   #617

I just finished Beavis & Butt-Head in Virtual Stupidity for the first time.

Not a bad little game. It had a few non-nonsensical puzzles, but none more so than Sam and Max Hit the Road.

Now I might crack out my Sierra CDs and complete some of those.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #618

Amerzone.

1.Chapter.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #619
Super Moderator

Having now worked my way through Final Fantasy XII, I've got back into Dragon Quest 8, and have just reached Arcadia.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:33 AM   #620
kamikaze hummingbirds

Silent Hill 4
Nearly finished!
I like these games because after having completing them, you can still enjoy the additional endings, etc.